+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Does bonus armor help DKs more?

Does bonus armor help DKs more?

Just curious, but the fact that three pieces of frost badge gear that are also 'plate' have bonus armor, that helps DK tanks even more than other tanks, correct?

Maybe the 'bonus' armor though doesn't get multiplied, because I couldn't correctly calculate my armor upgrade from switching pieces.

Dylae

I don't see what you mean by that. Bonus armor has never accounted for the +%armor talents. If you mean the Armor->AP conversion, warriors have a similar one.

I don't believe that the bonus armor gets multiplied, it calculates it from the base armor level of the item, does the modifier, then adds the bonus.

EDIT: Not really sure this belongs in the General Forum, btw

Quote Originally Posted by Pylae View Post
    Just curious, but the fact that three pieces of frost badge gear that are also 'plate' have bonus armor, that helps DK tanks even more than other tanks, correct?

Maybe the 'bonus' armor though doesn't get multiplied, because I couldn't correctly calculate my armor upgrade from switching pieces.

Dylae

To answer your question...
    No. Bonus armor is not multiplied. If the item's base armor is 2000 and it has a bonus of 200, every class benefits from the bonus armor identical... it is worth exactly 200 more armor regardless of class.

Also, Warriors get as much AP out of armor as DKs (on average).
    But other than that it shouldn't matter.
    The only difference is that DKs are slightly more sensitive to base armor (and thus ilvl) of items.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ion
    Damn old people, screwin' with my grind.
    Mists of Pandaria Protection Warrior Spreadsheet
    Warlords of Draenor One Minute Field Guides

No, it doesn't help us more, but the bonus armor gear gives every plate class a ton of EH. Basically if you're wearing a full set if it you're ready to tank heroic content.

What is the point? The gear itself is so good, it even makes DKs look like comparable tanks.

+ Reply to Thread