+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Should I keep my DPS spec?

Should I keep my DPS spec?

I play a level 80 protection warrior on Alleria. -Armory offline atm.

My off spec is Fury. I have decent gear- 2350 gs, but I can't seem to put out more than 2k dps, ever! It could be my spec, my rotation, or my glyphs, but I am unable to put out the dps that I should. I also rarely play fury unless specifically asked to in a raid. I don't enjoy it as much as I do when I tank because I like being in control. I am constantly having to slow down so I don't charge in before the tank has threat, because I know from personal experience how annoying it can get.

My current spec is 15/5/51. Should I drop fury and have my second spec be a survival spec? I do find myself getting gimped a little more often in ICC, so I don't know if that is the way to go. But I'm not sure if having the fury off spec would allow for more versatility.

Thanks
    "Good morning, apparently the assassins have failed."

If you can count on always being a Tank, then two Tank specs might be the way to go.
    However, I personally know no one of a Tank class that is dual spec for Tank and Tank.
    Most are Tank/DPS or Tank/Heals.
    Most raid leaders are more likely to pick up the guy that is Tank/Other, than the guy that is Tank/Tank, because it gives the raid more flexibility.

If Fury isn't working out for you, maybe try Arms instead?

+ Reply to Thread