+ Reply to Thread

Thread: WOW Armory

WOW Armory

Hmm... maybe I'm just behind, but when did the Armory change? They now have character models up that display what you look like, and let you cycle through different animations.

How long has that been going on?

I think it came out today actually or maybe late yesterday but it's a new feature they announced awhile back.

It went down yesterday and came back up either last night or this morning with the new version. Thus far I have been very impressed, its the wow armory combined with wowhead profiler but better

Guess that means all rogues should now log out wearing nothing but a talbard and the tier 10 helm to give a good impression to people.

This is a new change they added just this week.

Guess that means I better start logging out in cool-looking rp gear... lol

Although, I do like the armor I've got on now (look-wise, anyway)... just need Burnished Quel'serrar and maybe Neverending Winter now, and I can tank and rp at the same time... lol

its just gimmicky

but i like gimmicks.
    Belgariad: EU : Lightnings Blade. Once a Tank. Always a Tank.

It's funny to point out that the model viewer in wowhead is less glitchy and lighter on the browser's load...

I laughed so hard when this rolled out on a night of massive raid-server instablility.

Good thing they have their priorities in order, eh?

Quote Originally Posted by Proletaria View Post
    I laughed so hard when this rolled out on a night of massive raid-server instablility.

Good thing they have their priorities in order, eh?
    What does one have to do with the other? Web servers and game servers have nothing in common except account/database queries. For such a large company as Blizzard, it's quite possible that the web development team is a different department.

Anyway, I'm liking it... props to Blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by titanic View Post
    What does one have to do with the other? Web servers and game servers have nothing in common except account/database queries. For such a large company as Blizzard, it's quite possible that the web development team is a different department.

Anyway, I'm liking it... props to Blizzard.
    Regardless of which department coded it, there are finite resources avalible to a company and a limited number of projects that can be funded by those resources.

I'm merely voicing what you'll hear from Cyclone and other battlegroups who got their raid times cut in half (or worse) for most of the week because of massive intability.

It's like paying state taxes for decades and watching the local coffers fund something silly like a billion dollar aquarium in a land-locked city instead of re-paving roads that havent seen a service crew since the 80's.

Quote Originally Posted by Proletaria View Post

It's like paying state taxes for decades and watching the local coffers fund something silly like a billion dollar aquarium in a land-locked city instead of re-paving roads that havent seen a service crew since the 80's.
    I lol'd.

But well said and true imo.
    There is something so appealing about backhanding someone across the face with a shield.

+ Reply to Thread