+ Reply to Thread

Thread: What to gem Frost Badge Gloves with...

What to gem Frost Badge Gloves with...

So i got my second frost badge item. I picked up the gloves Gauntlets of the Kraken - Item - World of Warcraft

so i was trying to figure out what the best way to gem these are. We loose the dodge, but gain the parry... there is a 9 sta slot bonus, and i know by reading on here most people try and gem for that. I am a BS so i can also add an additional slot into the gloves.

So, if i gem for the slot bonus i can do the following:
    10 parry / 15 STA
    10 DEF rat/15 STA
    30 STA
    +9 sta for the slot bonus (totally out at 69 STA with everything)

or i can gem for pure EH and gem all +30 STA gems and get 90 STA...

which would be the best way to go? I am the MT for my guild and we are running 10 ICC and occasionally 25 ICC, so were up to that level now.

also what would be the best chant for the gloves? 18 STA or 2% threat / 10 parry rating? I was thinking of getting the 18 STA since the gloves i have now have the 2% and then regeming my old gloves for avoidance...Also who gives the 18 sta most chanters i see do not have that!

Your thoughts?

Cleetis

I would go total EH, that being 3x30 stam gems(bs permitting ofc) and the 240 armor patch. Atleast that's my plan when I finally get these babys.

The reason your enchanters can't do the 18 stam is because that's a patch made from leather workers. You can normally pick them up pretty cheap on the Ah.

Regards,

Mol.

ahhhh thats why. do leatherworkers make the armor kit too? also why would you take the armor over the stamina? what if your going up against a caster boss, then armor doesnt do any good, stamina helps in both aspects.

i was leaning more towards the 3 +30 sta gems as well...

Quote Originally Posted by cleetis View Post
    ahhhh thats why. do leatherworkers make the armor kit too? also why would you take the armor over the stamina? what if your going up against a caster boss, then armor doesnt do any good, stamina helps in both aspects.

i was leaning more towards the 3 +30 sta gems as well...
    The armor is still good because most of the time the caster boss is meleeing as well. The tank death due to magic damage is most often when the magic damage + melee are combined in a very short time period. Example: Malygos breaths when that was progression.

Edit: Also, even with CotT, parry still has much, much worse dimishing returns than dodge.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tengenstein View Post
    just don't let them melee you up the bum.

Yep it's a leatherworker patch too. I would go for armor because it's works out more EH(there's a big discusion on it in another topic on here atm), yeah I know it's less effective against caster bosses but on in raid content how often do you die due to a boss spell against a melee attack. Also they're going to be part of my armor EH set so it just makes sence to have them like that, my 4pce tier 10 is going to be more geared towards gimicky magic fights.

Regards,

Mol.

+ Reply to Thread