+ Reply to Thread

Thread: What changes can I make to improve my Tank Spec/Gear?

What changes can I make to improve my Tank Spec/Gear?

Deevious Armory

Unbuffed I have 40.8K HP.

I was talking to another Warrior Tank in my guild and he seems to have more avoidance then I do but he also puts stam gems in all his slots, he is also less geared than I am. I am guessing my Parry : Dodge is wrong and I should get some more +Parry items over Dodge. I am working towards the Emblem of Frost Stam Trinket.

I also have Purified Onyxia Blood Talisman, Fervor of the Frostborn and Ick's Rotting Thumb Trinkets.
    I also have Burnished Quel'Serrar Sword.

Please don't suggest items from ICC25, I mostly pug so I have a very small chance of doing the 25man version of ICC.
    Last edited by Deevious; 01-09-2010 at 09:50 PM.

-PVP shoulder enchant
    -225 armor to back (you're over dcap)
    -Titanium Plating or stam to shield (I don't think the defense @ 576 will be ideal)
    -240 armor to gloves
    -275 health to chest

I'm not a fan of Ony's trinket at all. I'd really try to get the frost trinket, together with the Triumph badge trinket (armor), which is better than either of what you have there as well.

That's just from your current gear, though, I'm hoping someone else picks up on the upgrades / what you should focus on.

Cheers mate, I had a look at the Triumph Emblems trinket and didn't think much of it but I guess even with the -20% Dodge in ICC that CD would push it up a bit. I guess I know what I can save my Triumphs up for now.

I will swap them enchants around as well!
    Anyone else care to help me out?

Bump, enchants updated.
    Thoughts?

You look great to me. Weak link is your trinkets. I'd go with black heart over a Brewfest trinket. And get the Triumph Trinket.

Not gonna bother chasing Black Heart when I am getting closer to Frost and Triumph Trinkey.

Thanks mate

Stamina or Mitigation?

Since ICC came out, ive really been thinking hard about stamina or mitigation, for instance, most people look at a tank and say "wow, he has 38k unbuffed hp, lets get him" while that tank may have 15% dodge and 15% parry. in my case, im just above 2600 gearscore and i have about 26% unbuffed dodge and almost 20% parry, 26,000 armor, and 36,000 unbuffed hp. when i talked to a person recruiting for an ICC raiding guild i reported my stats to him and he replied "you have very little mitigation, lose the stam gems and brewfest trinkets" (yes i had the brewfest trinkets, as i said, i stacked alot of stam) i dont have too much money at the time as im a dk with professions still in the low range, so i replaced only my trinkets so far, i had fervor of the frostborne and brawlers souvenier (brewfest again) and now i have a mere 32,500 unbuffed hp, with almost 30% dodge and still 20% parry unbuffed, my procs can bring me above 30,000 armor and 34% dodge, but is that enough of a balance? should i gem stam with dodge trinks or get skeleton key (228 stam and about 2k armor) and the crystal scarab trink from TotC 25 (192 stam and an armor proc) and then gem mitigation instead? please reply and bear with me if i have some incorrect information

Quote Originally Posted by Deevious View Post
    Not gonna bother chasing Black Heart when I am getting closer to Frost and Triumph Trinkey.

Thanks mate

The Proc on the Black Heart is a very good Proc.
    Overall it seems the Key is low priority on Frost Emblem gear from what I have seen. With things like the Chest, Gloves, Belt, and Cloak being a bigger priority.

+ Reply to Thread