+ Reply to Thread

Thread: What Warrior Tank helm is better?

What Warrior Tank helm is better?

So I just got the Helm of Wrath(245) helm from Onyxia 25. I currently am wearing the Hellscream 245 lvl headpiece which I got with the trophy, and I have the 2 piece set bonus.

My question is, which one should I pick? It looks like the Helm of Wrath is more stamina, but I loss some block and the set bonus.
    Last edited by Frostglaive; 01-13-2010 at 07:14 PM.

Well, if you put pure stamina gems only in the wrath helm has a lot more;

If you go for the socket bonus with an exp/stam or def/stam gem, the difference in health is not as big, just a few points. But you gain defense, some dodge and BV with Hellscream's. At the loss of some parry.

Personally, I'd go with Hellscream's.

I think the offtier helm is the best of the 3 to be honest.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/mugthol/Saal/advanced

Quote Originally Posted by SixStringsXD View Post
    I think the offtier helm is the best of the 3 to be honest.
    True, have to agree there. The Exp and the massive amount of defense is too good to give up, especially with you have any of the new crafted pieces and realize they have no defense on them.

So with the two I was talking about, what would be better?

The answer: Neither.
    Most warriors suffer from expertise shortage, and you are one of them. Expertise needs to be at 26. The common solution is to go with the non-tier triumph emblem helm, it has loads of expertise.

However, since you have spent the trophy, stick with the tier helm.

I'ma disagree with all y'all here. If you are really dying for expertise, then sure go with the offset helm, but if you're in mainly 245 gear, chances are you're not, as long as you are lingering around 26, you're fine.

Helm of wrath is by far the best EHP choice, I have no idea why you'd gem anything but stam it in especially considering the socket bonus is terrible (+8 defense).

Being as how I am the stam czar, Helm of Wrath wins out purely because it is so much more stam than the other options. I actually think the offtier helm is fairly lackluster tbh.
    "If the world is something you accept rather than interpret, then you're susceptible to the influence of charismatic idiots." -Neil deGrasee Tyson

Twitter @Aggathon || @Tankspot || Twitch.Tv/Aggathon

I do have acces to all 3 245 hats, having recently aquired the ony hat, i'm sitting in a mix of ICC and ToC gear and have 26exp and 268 hit.

but a few nights back i got the tanking neck of marrowgar on 10 man. I have eskander's links, replacing which drops me to 22expertise assuming i socket 2 red sockets exp/stam gems and hit a +12stam bonus in each

should i go back to the emblem helm? should i go back to eskander's links?

I do have acces to all 3 245 hats, having recently aquired the ony hat, i'm sitting in a mix of ICC and ToC gear and have 26exp and 268 hit.

but a few nights back i got the tanking neck of marrowgar on 10 man. I have eskander's links, replacing which drops me to 22expertise assuming i socket 2 red sockets exp/stam gems and hit a +12stam bonus in each

should i go back to the emblem helm? should i go back to eskander's links? should i socket/enchant to get back to 26 exp?

Quote Originally Posted by Aggathon View Post
    Being as how I am the stam czar, Helm of Wrath wins out purely because it is so much more stam than the other options. I actually think the offtier helm is fairly lackluster tbh.
    If it makes you feel any better, Mr. Survival Time thinks it's better as well.

Helm of Wrath is really the superior 245 option available. You give up a lot of avoidance and Stamina on the other pieces to get things you really don't need in that slot.
    Maintainer of Rawr.ProtWarr theorycrafting tool. Feel free to PM suggestions or feature requests!

Don't worry about expertise Tengenstein, you are fine at 22 expertise. Just focus on the pieces with the most EH and overall survivability. If there is 2 red sockets then just put 30 stamina in them since you are only technically getting a 6 stamina bonus out of it.

+ Reply to Thread