+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Just to show you how terrible Prot damage output is...[joke]

Just to show you how terrible Prot damage output is...[joke]

Look at that. I'm only 400 DPS above the highest DPS class. And people say that Prot is fine? Laughable! How am I meant to hold aggro if I can't do more damage than the damage dealing classes, huh? You know there's Paladin tanks out there doing 15k dps? How's that fair?

Ok seriously, I'm extremely impressed with myself. No, there was no crazy spec, or any kind of mad gearing for those kinds of numbers, just my regular tanking gear and a Deep Wounds spec. We were farming trash in ICC for rep today (I hit exalted after that run, yay!), and all of a sudden I see myself racing towards the top of the DPS meter. Not really sure why, but **** me I grabbed a quick screenie. It was awesome.
    Last edited by Kazeyonoma; 01-13-2010 at 07:00 PM. Reason: Watch the language Karl

Oh snap, nerf Shockwave! :P
    Stay strong. Stay smart. All heart.

Nice to see, but I worry that Blizz sees things like that from the top end of the scale and not what the rest of us are doing.

I assume there's probably a lot of cleave in there; I've popped 4-5k myself in unlimited rage situations with cleave spam and the right buffs.

Oh yeah, hell of a lot of cleave, just about constant uptime on it I'd say. I think the big factor here was that I was the only one tanking at that point (druid tank went for a cig before pull or something), so everything was beating on me. This is definitely not the norm, it evened out at around 4k at the end of that run, but I couldn't help looking at the meters for those first few pulls and feeling quite blown away.

Glyphed cleave?

And yea, rage generation particularly with the chill of the throne debuff is much better for warrs, especially when being hit by lots of stuff - you can basically spam cleave, tclap and shockwave infinitely.
    I doubt you'll out-dps and closely-geared tank on a boss fight though, but as long as you hold your threat who cares.

Yeah, Glyphed Cleave.

Quote Originally Posted by Baervar View Post
    I doubt you'll out-dps and closely-geared tank on a boss fight though,
    Ah, of course not. I was back to the bottom of the rung in the 25 man ICC tonight. But damned if I didn't feel awesome hitting #1 like that.

I respectfully disagree with this information.

I'm about 99% (though I could be wrong, its happened before) sure that a Prot Warrior in Prot Gear doing 7k DPS, under any circumstances is impossible on a live sanctioned server.
    Last edited by Bodasafa; 01-13-2010 at 07:04 PM.
    There is something so appealing about backhanding someone across the face with a shield.

Quote Originally Posted by Bodasafa View Post
    I'm about 99% (though I could be wrong, its happened before) sure that a Prot Warrior in Prot Gear doing 7k DPS, under any circumstances is impossible on a live sanctioned server.
    brb heading to vaelastrasz

jk

but there are prot warriors doing that much on certain fights, namely twins.
    -Jimmy

|Ex Tank|

TWITCH.TV STREAM

Quote Originally Posted by Destruyen View Post
    brb heading to vaelastrasz
    Guess I needed to add "on current non gimmick content". lol.

Like I said I could be wrong, but it seems very far fetched to me.
    There is something so appealing about backhanding someone across the face with a shield.

Quote Originally Posted by Bodasafa View Post
    Like I said I could be wrong, but it seems very far fetched to me.
    You do realize this is purely a damage spike for all of 1 trash pack in ICC that I was simply lucky to grab a screenie of quickly?

Im frequently presented with these numbers during our raids on packs.
    Ive even gotten higher results.
    5+ mobs who all hit you
    Cleave spam every cooldown with glyph
    shockwave hitting every target for 9-11k ( hurray 2set t10)
    Shieldslam in between for 10k+
    thunderclap hitting everything for 1500-2k

ofc this is easy. But then again, the feral cat also in the raid is doing 20k in that same pack.
    I do about 4-5k on trash in 5mans and 6-7k on 25man raids. This is normal. It also drops dramatically if mobs die and you end up with 2-3 that take longer to die. Then your average dps is 3k orso.

This is all the result of having 5900+ attack power in high end gear with buffs as a warrior, everything has mega STR. Its how we keep agro you know , its just that noone ever posts these images cause it rly isnt interesting to see.

I mean , when I tank twin valkyr I do 5000-6000 dps. OP? no ofc not.
    Marrowgar tanking 3k+ dps
    jaraxxus 3k+
    etc.
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/6...um/damageDone/

People complaining they do 1500 dps while tanking either have no clue about rotations or they are severely undergeared. Get used to it.
    Last edited by Kherberos; 01-13-2010 at 07:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Karlhungus View Post
    You do realize this is purely a damage spike for all of 1 trash pack in ICC that I was simply lucky to grab a screenie of quickly?
    My gut reaction was no way. When you put it like that though I begin to agree that in specific situations it would be possible. Congratulations.

Pull some Damned clusters together and it's not uncommon to see a shockwave rolling over stuff for 40-50k. Myriads of mobs will always present good potential, just go solo Kara ballroom and enjoy your 12k DPS.

Tanking warrior is still on bottom of dmg done when boss fight is over
    The thread title is misleading, could at least put a :P there to show that it's meant to be sarcastic.
    "Yes." - Captain Obvious

Mathematically I could have infinite DPS given that I take my screenshot at the instant of starting combat with a skill.

Quote Originally Posted by Daxwax View Post
    Mathematically I could have infinite DPS given that I take my screenshot at the instant of starting combat with a skill.
    No, any measurable time you can have is going to be greater than zero.

Also: Damn guys, you have quite the complaining skills here.

Quote Originally Posted by sud View Post
    Pull some Damned clusters together and it's not uncommon to see a shockwave rolling over stuff for 40-50k. Myriads of mobs will always present good potential, just go solo Kara ballroom and enjoy your 12k DPS.
    They capped total AoE damage in large groups.

While soloing TBC instances I'm happy if I manage consistant 2.2k boss dps.

SIMON DE MONTFORT, EARL OF LEICESTER
    pioneer of representative government who was
    killed in the Battle of Evesham on 4 August 1265.

Quote Originally Posted by Synapse View Post
    No, any measurable time you can have is going to be greater than zero.
    Right you are sir, damn those limits. I wasn't really thinking of measurable time though. Sorry for the off topic rant

On topic: Warriors (and partly druids) have a harder time to compete when not getting the initial aggro to get a healthy flow of rage going.
    Not complaining btw, that's just one of the flavors of playing a warrior

https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?...xugx2KA&hl=en#

Still a work in progress, but that shows Tank DPS for current content (and Patchwerk for giggles)

top 120 entries on world of logs.

Hmm, I think some people might've missed that this thread was meant to be humorous. A little something to offset the serious discussion about tank damage. Ah well...

Quote Originally Posted by Warwench View Post
    https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?...xugx2KA&hl=en#

Still a work in progress, but that shows Tank DPS for current content (and Patchwerk for giggles)

top 120 entries on world of logs.
    I know it's a sarcastic thread but that's a pretty damning graph if ever I saw one.

+ Reply to Thread