+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Ashen Band of Endless Courage Proc

Ok, done.

Thanks Koj, hopefully this helps.

EDIT: and if you feel the need to post a link, at least do it properly, you missed a ring, here you have the full list
    If you were paying attention instead of trying to be a smartass, you'd notice that his link was for rings that actually exist right now.

also why do ppl expect greatness from a ring you can get without ever killing a boss.
    People expect it to act like a 277 item level ring and to have a proc that behaves within the expected parameters. I don't think anyone said, "Must be best in slot!!!"

Quote Originally Posted by wazdaa View Post
    and both of them are worse then the rep one. fine it might be little underbudget, not like it's the first time blizz budgeted something "wrong" and i'm sure it won't be the last time.
    It's a lot underbudget. Blizzard typically also corrects underbudget items.

Not sure what you are defending, exactly. The ring is neither reaching its budget potential nor is it nearly as competitive of an option for tanks as the example set by the other 3 identical rings from the same quest.

It's simply inconsistant and should be fixed, no reason to defend why it's not as good as it should be.
    Maintainer of Rawr.ProtWarr theorycrafting tool. Feel free to PM suggestions or feature requests!

according to mmo champ a proc rating fix is going live tmorrow, hopefully they fixing this

That would be nice, however I am also starting to think the ring will work better the more we use the high armor low avoidance pieces. Hit more, damaged less + more ring procs.

Off-sec Chest, Belt, Back, Neck all have nice armor. Same with Legs but I went with T10 as I needed the expertise.

Quote Originally Posted by Stompya View Post
    according to mmo champ a proc rating fix is going live tmorrow, hopefully they fixing this
    el linkerino?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tengenstein View Post
    just don't let them melee you up the bum.

There is a quote on MMO champ about PPM mechanics, but that change has already gone live and has nothing whatsoever to do with this ring. It was about what abilities can/can not proc things that have 'chance on hit', e.g. berserking enchant no longer procs from certain secondary attack mechanics. All fall out of Bryntroll et al, weapons with procs being better for certain specs.

I can't see anything about a change to the ring, or PPM mechanics of effects that proc on *being hit*.

I think this is the related blue post: MMO-Champion BlueTracker - PPM Behavior Nerf?

But our particular ring proc still seems to be terrible.

There was a blue post stating the ring's smell-of-unwashed-no-no-parts-proc was under the nose radars of Blizz. Let's hope they clean up this ring.

Outside of ICC with 20% Dodge back in the mix...yeah, gutting my manhood sounds better.
    "Humility doesn't remove the crown from your head - it shows why you deserve to wear one."

That sure was a lot of profanity side-stepping just to re-state what was said less than a page ago.

+ Reply to Thread