+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: What tank class...

The simplicity of the paladin's play style only comes after a really good grasp of their mechanics, rotation and the content your tanking.

Any skilled person can make any tank look easy, including the Swiss Army Warriors. I still with pugs see issues with underperformance with all tank classes and specs.

As its been said tanking is a calling, it requires a certain mindset and commitment to learning how the role is played.

Not to mention lots of practice.

Ughhh I hate my indecisiveness. So now they all sound good again. Warrior though seems to be what people are telling me to do, or druid or pally. My friends in-game were saying Death Knight, but people here are saying don't go Death Knight. As much as I'd like to try a Death Knight, I feel that it may be a mistake from what I'm hearing on multiple forums. So I might just force myself to level up a warrior, just because that's what people are saying to do, unless you all think other wise. People on my other forums were saying go Druid since its easy, but I don't quite know. Plus now I'm trying to decide between leveling up a tank class as tank spec, just so I get more used to it--or leveling up as DPS, then going tank at a certain level I hit, though I may be confused about it. The last time I did that was on my hunter that got hacked. She leveled up beast master, and then went marksman. I was sooo confused and had to re-learn everything. I think I'm worrying a little too much though, and I'm sure I'll be having fun once I get the hang of it. It doesn't take a lot to please me. I feel closer to my answers on what tanking class I should make, but still don't know exact. Hmm..

1) Play the class you have most fun with.
    2) See Number 1.

Dont let people tell you what class you should play, they are biased to what they play. DKs right now need some minor tweaking which by Cataclysm i presume will be all fleshed out and for your case it doesnt affect you much since you wont be really hitting your stride with a tank until then. There's really no hard class to play in WoW, you can get an add-on like power auras for proc based classes or a class specific add-on. There's no weak tank class. It all depends what you want as an offspec if dps all can do it if heals then pallie or druid.

Selene and Hammer have the right of it. We're giving you ideas what what might work best for you given what you're telling us, but in the end it all boils down to you deciding what you like to play. Each has its strengths and weaknesses.

Thanks all. I think I'm going to keep trying my Warrior, and if I decide I don't like it, then I'll try a paladin, druid, or death knight. I'm going to test each one and see which one I like best. I'll keep you all updated. Sorry if I was annoying! Feel free to contact me though if you have any tips or comments. <3

+ Reply to Thread