+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Wrong to tank with a dps weapon?

Wrong to tank with a dps weapon?

Ok, so after multiple runs of TOC and ICC 10 man, i have yet to see a weapon upgrade from my Rimefangs Claw Rimefang's Claw - Item - World of Warcraft.

Last night, I was given a Bone Warder's splitter Bone Warden's Splitter - Item - World of Warcraft

After equiping it and looking at my stats, using it only decreases my parry rating by 1%.

So is it wrong to tank with a 1 hand dps weapon? its good speed and damage....would not the better weapon increase my threat?

Here is my armory link if there are any questions, would appreciate any insight on this from you all.
    The World of Warcraft Armory

You also lose 15 stam though. As far as increasing your threat, yes probably, but do you really need to increase your threat is a better question. Imo if threat is an issue and you NEED a dps weapon, something else is wrong.
    "If the world is something you accept rather than interpret, then you're susceptible to the influence of charismatic idiots." -Neil deGrasee Tyson

Twitter @Aggathon || @Tankspot || Twitch.Tv/Aggathon

There's no law against using a dps weapon and it will boost your threat. Your white damage/heroic strikes/devastates all use your weapon damage as a base. Until you get a weapon with high dps and nice tanking stats (e.g. the Facelifter or the anub 10 hard weapons from TOC if you are still doing that) then you might consider switching between the two weapons according to the encounter your are tackling, just as you might switch trinkets. I'm doing that myself, albeit between a facelifter enchanted with accuracy and a crusaders glory enchanted with blood draining.

Id keep both an use the right one for the situation

Quote Originally Posted by woodyman View Post
    Id keep both an use the right one for the situation
    Wise decision.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tengenstein View Post
    just don't let them melee you up the bum.

+ Reply to Thread