+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Affliction Lock Dps

Affliction Lock Dps

As you may have guessed I am a warlock

I raid 10 Icc/Toc/Togc with my guild .

My problem is I cant seem to hold over 4k Dps and Im not sure if 4k is what im supposed to get with my kit.

Im using affliction for raids just now but I have tryed demo and destro but I still get the same Dps

So I was wondering if anyone could give me an idea how to get better Dps or if 4k is what I should be getting.

Link For Kit And Spec --> The World of Warcraft Armory
    Last edited by 20HardCoré10; 01-13-2010 at 01:54 PM. Reason: Fixing 1st Letter Caps Spam

You probably shouldn't capitalize every word in a sentence, it makes it hard to read and makes people not take you as seriously. Good punctuation goes a long way in getting taken seriously on the webs.

Unfortunately I know nothing about locks, so I can't help ya. Normally Personal Armory look ups belong in the HALP! forum (so read the rules please!) but this sounds like it's possible you could use some help figuring out your rotation as well so I'll leave it for now until it gets more about your gear/spec and I'll move it then. Good luck!

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

Sorry about that.
    Its fixed now

Well, first of all, you are way way way over the hit-cap. Without talents and boomkin/spriest, it's 17%. You are specced into 3/3 suppression, which takes you hit down to 14%. Ideally, you would run with 11% hit (and swap in a hit trinket when you don't have a shadow priest or boomkin in the raid). Since you have 21% hit right now, I would say take those 3 points out of suppression and move them elsewhere. I'm not familiar with affliction spec though, so I couldn't tell you where to move them.

Your gemming looks okay except I don't understand the haste/spirit and crit/spell penetration gems. Replace those asap and gem your weapon.

I couldn't tell you what your expected dps would be since it's dependent on the fight, but if you want more feedback, you could post your rotation & WWS logs.

hmm well i've done 3.6k dps in VoA 25 koralon with The World of Warcraft Armory - Wurluck @ Lightbringer - Profile i'm destro and i use rotation immo->Chaos->confl->incinirate untill immolate debuff ends and the the same rotation again so you should try that.

Looking at your gear you "should" be able to do more than 4k. Your gear is equal to or or a little worse than my lock's, and he did 6.3k in 25 man ICC last night (not trying to brag).

Your spec is fine, so are your glyphs. You have 2 gems that aren't really that good (the ones mention by an above poster). If your trying to gem for a socket bonus, which you usually don't want to, gem a yellow spot the orange spell power/haste and a blue the purple spell power/spirit. Don't forget you need 2 blue gems for your meta to activate.

Gear wise, you are over hit cap, so try to get some more gear w/o it. Also, try to find a cloak that isn't PvP, most PvE ones will have nicer stats (resil = pewp in PvE). Enchants are all good; +15stam/run speed to boots is ok, but icewalker (+15 crit/+15hit) is usually better because of the crit. Also, get your shoulder enchant!

If your only doing 4k don't stress. Make sure your not clipping your dots, stay focused (without developing tunnel vision), and stick to your rotation (well priority order). Lag can kill afflic, try to get a nice dot timer so you can have an idea when you dots are going to fall, and when they need to be refreshed. Just have fun, dps doesn't matter that much.

I always enjoy helping a fellow lock so after taking a quick look at your profile i came up with a few modifications. First being your spec. the first major thing u want to consider is speccing out of Imp life tap and into im drain soul for threat reduction, also if u spec into imp felhunter i suggest taking darkpact as ur mana source over life tap, this not only gives more mana but saves you having to worry about your health. Also if you are looking for helpful mods i recomend the following: Necrosis- small mod that allows quick access to many spells that you commonly use out of combat. and ForteXorcist- this mod comes with a very complicated set up that allows u to customize it greatly. it will keep track of summons soulstones as well as your buffs and dot durations. And the last thing to be said, is rotation, as an aff lock if u actually say u have a rotation, your doing is wrong. Aff locks are all about priority, the only rotation used is the initail one to place all of your debuffs on the target. The best way i find is as follows:
    Sb>haunt>Ua>corr>coa. you then us Sb as a filler while making sure to refresh your dots without splicing them. then once the target is below 25% u leave out sb only using it to maintain the crit debuff, and use drain soul. the key here is to monitor the ds ticks and reaply all dots and your haunt debuf appropriatly. I hope this helps and is not to long =)

Hey mate,

A lot of the contributers to your thread so far haven't really been able ot provide you with too much information or if they have then its been slightly incorrect (Sorry guys).

For starters, you're right. You should be able to pull more DPS then you are currently pulling with you gear, no matter which spec you play. There are several changes you need to make first though. I'll start by going over the obvious and thats your gear - if you can provide a WWS/WoL/WMO Parse I'd be able to give more specific reasons as to why your DPS is lacking.

To start of with as someone mentioned earlier you're way hit cap. Ideally you want to be aiming for 11% and you're sitting at 18% from gear and 3% from talents. The goal you want in regards to hit is 11% plus 3% from talents or alternatively 14% from gear and 0 from talents. How you do that is up to you but I'd definately suggest trying to get some new gear to get rid of some of that hit as hit is useless to you once you're at cap.

Second, gems. Your Haste/Spr and Crit/Spell Pen Gems need to go - no further discussion there. Gems that you do want are as follows

Purified Dreadstone (To meet your Meta Requirement) Dmg/Spr
    Runed Cardinal Ruby +dmg
    Reckless Ametrine Dmg/Haste
    Veiled Amertine Dmg/Hit

Those are the gems you really want to stick with and use. If you have any doubts best thing I could suggest to make it easier for you is in 2 Blue Sockets use Purified Dreadstones else use either Runed Cardinal Rubies or Reckless Amertines depending on the socket.

Your gear does ned a bit of improvement over all also - for example getting rid of the PvP Cloak . I'd also suggest getting your shoulders enchanted also.

Now in regards to your spec's;

I'd start off by suggesting you get Glyph of Drain Souls for both specs so it means you can farm shards on dummies. Not a huge thing no, but is a nice perk.

For Affliction in your situation I'd recommend something like this - Talent Calculator - World of Warcraft

The points up the top of Affliction are kinda just there because theres no where else to put them as you have too much hit at the moment anyway and we had to put the points somewhere. This build is your standard Affliction build and for this build you'd be using your Fel Hunter as well as a Spellstone on your weapon. Remember to use Lifetap Rank 1 before a fight just so you can get the buff up and keep the buff up throughout the fight with Dark Pact or Lifetap.

This rotation is relatively simple but it can be overwhelming till you get used to it. You'll start the fight as follows (assuming boss fight);

Shadow Bolt > Shadow Bolt > Haunt - USE YOUR NEVERMELTING ICE CRYSTAL NOW - Corruption > CoA > Unstable Affliction.

From here on out its just a matter of spamming sbolt, refreshing your dots as they expire and using haunt EVERY CD. So as soon as it comes off CD, cast it again. Once the boss gets below 25%, keep all your dots up, keep using Haunt every CD and spam Drain Soul. To maximise your DPS theres a lot of little tricks you can do but lets just start off getting the basics down first.

The potion of choice here is also Potion of Wild Magic. If you want to be extra sneaky, take one just before you pull the boss and you can use another for when Hero/Lust is used.

Your Destro Spec needs a lot of work I won't lie. You're using Glyph of Succubus whilst having points in Improved Imp etc. There are a lot of changes to make for your Destro Build so if you'd like further assistence lemme know and I'll continue however I think for now I've given you a fair bit of information to read over .

Whispah/Ehvyn

Thanks to everyone that gave me some advice
    As i am now doing at least 5k + all the time now

Also The destro spec is a pvp spec so its ment to be wierd but it seems to work good enough

+ Reply to Thread