+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Arms Warrior Advice Needed.

Arms Warrior Advice Needed.

I started playing warrior about 3 and a half year ago and then as a tank. After about 3 years i grew kinda tired of it and my guild needed a fury warrior aswell so i tried that out. Then something happened and i stopped playing for a while.

Now im back tho playing with a couple of friends that needed an Arms Warrior for their raids but im struggling to keep up in the meters.

The World of Warcraft Armory - Monstah @ Stormscale - Profile

Ive gotten quite alot of gear and ive regemmed to try and hit the passive armor penetration "cap" and im not very far away from it. I know my hit is way over what im supposed to have and that expertise isnt really the way to go (havnt respecced out of WM becouse im lazy -.-).

Ive checked myself out in the Landsoul's Spreadsheet and dps metric shows me on 8166 ish. Yet when raiding 25 man Saurfang for example i find myself only pulling 6.5k dps or 7k dps at max.

My problem is that i spam my skills way too much. As soon as OP procs i hit it. Rend i renew rather than let it run off and then reapply it. MS on cd always. Slam whenever everything else is on CD. Execute when 75+ rage.

What i need help with is the whole "rotation" or to prioritizemy skills. Ive kept tabs on this forum and elitistjerks aswell as other forums and just tried to read up but found that i just cant change myself. So therefor i paste here asking for some kind of help, advice or even addon suggestions that would help me figure out my rotation and raise my dps to the level it should be with my gear.

Thanks in Advance.
    Monstah

try gettiing a add on called facerollerFaceroller : WoWInterface Downloads : Beta-version AddOnsyou have to get the add on, and the module that works with your spec. But it helped me a lot with keeping track of what to use and when.

ive noticed that faceroller updates slower than what i can do with power auras and just knowing my rotation. maybe its just my computer but i can start using my next skill before faceroller displays it.

check out my ui thread to see a screenshot of how i set up power auras to help me out.
    -Jimmy

|Ex Tank|

TWITCH.TV STREAM

One thing is always let Rend fall off then refresh it otherwise you won't get an Overpower at the end of it. Also Execute every time Sudden Death procs (it only uses a max of 30 rage remember) and I usually Heroic Strike if I'm at or close to 100 rage. Another thing I noticed is you're over the Arp cap now. You're 80% from gear plus 10% from Battle Stance, 6% from 2 piece T9, and 20% from Sunders so you're 16% over.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeruell View Post
    Another thing I noticed is you're over the Arp cap now. You're 80% from gear plus 10% from Battle Stance, 6% from 2 piece T9, and 20% from Sunders so you're 16% over.
    Thats just wrong info. Sunders (expose armor, faerie fire and shattering throw for that matter) has nothing to do with him beeing hardcapped.

Passive hardcap is calculated from gear, weapon-spec, battle-stance, gems, elixirs and food alone.

So an axe/sword-specced Arms warrior with 2pt9 needs around 81 % passive arp from raw gear/gems to get to 100 % (if he also uses the arp-food).
    Last edited by Erkebrand; 01-25-2010 at 05:50 AM.

I can't even get the Faceroller Arms Warrior to work for me lol

As for the rotation as Arms I've been playing as DPS and Tank for a long time since I came back to the game (TBC expac I rage quit cause I thought 25 man raids were really stupid).

General rotation I think is:
    Rend keep it up and let the debuff drop off your target
    OP when TfB procs btw if you time OP with TfB procs right you can get 2 of them back to back, I haven't perfect this but its around the 3-4 sec mark.
    Execute when SD is up, this usually takes higher priority than OP
    MS when nothing else is up
    Slam when everything else is on CD
    HS I generally use for rage dumps, such as MS+HS for one large rage dump

Now if you are the only DPS warrior in the raid and you have no warrior tanks, then you have the job of keeping up sunders which in my rotation replace the use of Slam until I hit 5 stacks, and you only refresh sunder when reapplying rend.

As for Bladestorm I think it is best used with all possible cooldowns+trinkets, I'm also thinking that you shouldn't bladestorm during a bloodlust. I also use it after a TfB Proc and nothing else is on CD and of course when you don't have excess rage since BS gives you so much back after using it.

Quote Originally Posted by Erkebrand View Post
    Thats just wrong info. Sunders (expose armor, faerie fire and shattering throw for that matter) has nothing to do with him beeing hardcapped.

Passive hardcap is calculated from gear, weapon-spec, battle-stance, gems, elixirs and food alone.

So an axe/sword-specced Arms warrior with 2pt9 needs around 81 % passive arp from raw gear/gems to get to 100 % (if he also uses the arp-food).
    Yeah he's not hard-capped from gear alone, but as long as there's Sunders or Expose Armor on the mob he IS effectively capped I don't care what you call it. So he could change his gems/gear around a little as long as he's sure those Sunders will always be up. Don't call something bad info when it's only a difference in terminology :P

Except it isn't different terminology.

Sunder/FF/Shattering Throw/Expose armor are all applied first. Then your arp from gear is taken from the *remaining* armor.

So it's impossible to reach the arp cap unless your arp from gear (+ food / elixer / stance / T9 / mace-spec) is at 100%.

The only reason some people talk about needing sunder/ff to reach the 'true hard cap' is because the amount of armor you can possibly remove via ArP is capped, and raid bosses start with more armor than the cap.

http://www.wowwiki.com/Arp for more details.

Also, i'm not the best at math, but i'm pretty sure, an arms warrior not using mace spec, needs 84% arp with 2pc t9 to be 100% arp capped, not 81%.

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

Quote Originally Posted by Erkebrand View Post
    Arp-food counts for 2.8 % ;-)
    Last edited by Erkebrand; 01-25-2010 at 04:28 PM.

Don't call something bad info when it's only a difference in terminology :P
    Sorry to say, but you are mistaken and you are mixing tomatoes(armor-penetration) with potatoes(armor reduction).

See this to help figuring it all out http://eu-warrior.com/arpen.html. Its a bit out-dated but lets you see the picture..
    Last edited by Erkebrand; 01-25-2010 at 04:35 PM.

Yeah he's not hard-capped from gear alone, but as long as there's Sunders or Expose Armor on the mob he IS effectively capped I don't care what you call it. So he could change his gems/gear around a little as long as he's sure those Sunders will always be up. Don't call something bad info when it's only a difference in terminology :P
    pretty sure this is the most misunderstood aspect of armor penetration no matter how many threads we have on this.
    -Jimmy

|Ex Tank|

TWITCH.TV STREAM

I tried Faceroller but found it to mess with the rest of my ui more than i could handle. But thanks for the effort. I killed Festergut 10 man today and im pulling about 6k dps flat through out the fight. That is without having to run out. For me this feels a lil bit low looking at other arms warriors and their gear. I did however polish my "prio/rotation" at a target dummy trying to up my dps and find myself at 4400-4500 each time. Lord Marrowgar i pulled around 6400 tonight. Dunno what diffrent from him and Festergut where im always standing still. Oh on a second thought probably me using Sweeping Strikes/BS whenever there is one of those Spikes up.

Im letting rend bleed off the target, hit the last OP then renew it. Whenever OP and SD Exe is on CD i use MS (trying to keep it on cd all the time without starving myself) Slam whenever everything else is on CD. What i never feel i have time for is a HS as i guess this is only a ragedump i do ofc prio OP/Exe over it.

Is it possible to pull even higher dps with the lvl of my gear or am i doing things right? Any hints would be useful

Quote Originally Posted by Hito View Post
    What i never feel i have time for is a HS as i guess this is only a ragedump i do ofc prio OP/Exe over it.
    This might the reason why you feel you could do better dps. Even though HS is a ragedump its still more dps - so you need to use it and learn when to use it. Experts take incomming rage into account before HS and have an eye on a swing-timer before deciding when to HS. But if you like me have more than enough to keep your eye on - then a rough rule of when to do it is when u have +80 rage(line it up with OP/MS). I have my HS keybound to my mouse-wheel-down since i use that as fury as well, where you hs a lot more.

Faceroller Arms Module is thoroughly OK. I helped set the rather basic (in terms of dynamic recommendations) priority, and it performs adaquately. It's certainly not optimal by a country mile. But, it's not terrible, and will work for early raiding, or for an alt Warrior that wants to get the general gist of Arms ability usage.
    AeroWow.com | ArmoryLite: Soleniae - Uldum
    The Warrior Formerly Known As Aerowyn.

faceroller arms is good, don't get me wrong. i was skeptical of it until i saw in the notes that bwarner helped set up the guidelines for it to follow. it's just it is usually slower in showing what to do next than what the average raiding arms warrior can do. but for newer warriors that don't have an idea what the rotation is or needs some help learning it faceroller is really good.
    -Jimmy

|Ex Tank|

TWITCH.TV STREAM

+ Reply to Thread