+ Reply to Thread

Thread: DW frost tank needing advice..

DW frost tank needing advice..

Greatings.

So, I came here looking for advice.
    I have tanked Ony 10/25 and ToC10.

I have always been the off tank which is ok, and have had a few raid saving move, MT'ing till he can get a b-rez.

I haven't been put into the normal tanking rotation, as I need to MT these instances(guild raider approval thing) and also our guild tanks are really geared and great tanks.

I am a duel wield frost tank, so my hp is abit lower, but I have good avoidance I think.
    Raid buffed I am just under 40k normally.

My guild healers tell me I am easy to heal, just getting used to how I get hit by the bosses etc.

I am always kinda nervous that I am going to screw up or waste peoples time. Wanting to make sure I am gearing/spec'd in the right direction.

I know that I need to work UA into my rotation more.

The World of Warcraft Armory

Thanks for your time and ready the wall of text.
    “Certainly the game is rigged. Don't let that stop you; if you don't bet, you can't win.” - Lazarus Long

Increase expertise to 26. Change your gems to exp/sta or stamina. Get avoidance from gear, not gems. It doesn't come large enough.

Since your Ardent Guard is tank oriented, I'd change the forge to parry. A straight up 2 percent is nice.

I was typing a long post of what to change in your spec and glyphs, but I'll just save the wall of text

Talent Calculator - World of Warcraft

Do that. The other flavor moves the 2 points from Scent of Blood to Chill of the Grave.

I'll try and give the TLDR version: Expertise gives more bang for buck. The glyphs the spec has prop up your threat generation even more.

With your expertise as low as it is I recommend saving up the 75 Emblems and getting Headplate of the Honorbound - Item - World of Warcraft

I recommend trying to get Saronite Swordbreakers - Item - World of Warcraft for your wrists.

For 45 Emblems Shoulderguards of Enduring Order - Item - World of Warcraft are better shoulders.

Try to get into a ICC rep farm to get the Tanking ring.
    Try to farm Black Spire Sabatons - Item - World of Warcraft from H Forge of Souls.

On your Glyphs I agree with Jaeden, you need to change those out completely.

You Want Glyph of Obliterate and Frost Strike.
    Jaeden says to get Rune Strike, myself I use Icy Touch. Either works.

Your Spec, get rid of Morbidity, a Frost Tank for the most part only uses Death & Decay for the initial pull. So points there are a total waste.
    There is no reason to not take Bladed Armor, it will give you a nice boost for generating threat.
    The Spec that Jaeden shows is a nice solid DW Tanking spec.

Gems - General Rule for Gems is use Def/Stam, Hit/Stam or Exp/Stam gems only if you need to them or to meet a metagem requirement, otherwise gem for pure Stamina.

+ Reply to Thread