+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Binding Rune Strike

Binding Rune Strike

Please help me. I need to bind runestrike to every attack in my tanking rotation. For each attack and binding rune strike to it in a macro can you give me an example for Icy Touch bound with Runestrike for example? Just type the exact macro command plz. I can get it from there. Thanks!
    Heads I lose, tails I lose? Quick, give that coin to one of those annoying street performers.

/cast icy touch
    /cast rune strike

wash, rinse, repeat.

Someone will inevitably say it should be /cast !rune strike. It is completely unnecessary to add the "!".

thanks

Thank god, a simple answer. Thanks bud. And yes someone in the arathor forums did say /cast !rune strike. Lol.
    Heads I lose, tails I lose? Quick, give that coin to one of those annoying street performers.

The ! is to hide the error messages from trying to cast rune strike without having the rp or the proc.

Consider using this instead

#showtooltip Icy Touch
    /cast Icy Touch
    /cast !Rune Strike
    /startattack

The #showtooltip is so that the button behaves(shows the cool down) like the ability.

The ! before Rune Strike is so that the when you hit the ability multiple times it doesn't toggle on and off the Rune Strike.

The /startattack is so that if your original target dies you automatically start auto-attacking the next target even if you are clicking abilities that are on cool down. Prevents standing there doing nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by DwarvenTankard View Post
    Consider using this instead

#showtooltip Icy Touch
    /cast Icy Touch
    /cast !Rune Strike
    /startattack

The #showtooltip is so that the button behaves(shows the cool down) like the ability.

The ! before Rune Strike is so that the when you hit the ability multiple times it doesn't toggle on and off the Rune Strike.
    Ah, that's even better.

Quote Originally Posted by DwarvenTankard View Post

Rune Strike, Heroic Strike, and Maul are no longer toggles. The ! is not necessary to prevent toggling. I've checked this myself multiple times.

#showtooltip will do as you say, but if you select the "?" icon for the macro, it is not necessary, as /cast icy touch is the first line, so that is the spell (with cooldown timer) that will show.

The /startattack is a nice touch, though.

In my experience, trying to use your abilities will automatically make you attack, so the startattack is superflluous.

I could be wrong though

Quote Originally Posted by Jaeden View Post
    In my experience, trying to use your abilities will automatically make you attack, so the startattack is superflluous.

I could be wrong though
    it depends on whether the ability is considered a melee attack or a spell. If (for example) icy touch is a spell, then you won't start meleeing by pressing icy touch.

If it is considered melee, then you will begin autoattacking.

But I believe the point of adding it, is that if your current target dies, you will autoattack the next nearest target automatically.

Pft, I press the buttons so much cause I'm impatient, I'd never notice :P

Quote Originally Posted by Bashal View Post
    it depends on whether the ability is considered a melee attack or a spell. If (for example) icy touch is a spell, then you won't start meleeing by pressing icy touch.

If it is considered melee, then you will begin autoattacking.

But I believe the point of adding it, is that if your current target dies, you will autoattack the next nearest target automatically.
    Icy Touch is the wrong ability to use in that argument.
    Icy Touch is a Spell but it also beings auto-attacking.
    Howling Blast, Blood Boil, Death Coil, and Pestilence are "pure" spells.

Quote Originally Posted by Selene View Post
    Icy Touch is the wrong ability to use in that argument.
    Icy Touch is a Spell but it also beings auto-attacking.
    Howling Blast, Blood Boil, Death Coil, and Pestilence are "pure" spells.
    I said "if"....

+ Reply to Thread