+ Reply to Thread

Thread: something else to talk about.

something else to talk about.

just before 3.3 hit, GS threads were very in fashion.
    and i posted on one, " well hopefully when Icecrown hits, we'll have better things to talk about."
    well Icecrown hit, and (due in part to the LFD) we seem to be talking about fail pugs, fail dps, fail heals, "i'm (an over geared) tank i have 1 sec queue's- STFU" even if i don't notice ppl are dead, heals needs mana, and rogue never got to stealth because, i'm to good to go OOC..., and the old standby lootdrama.
    what i want to start with this, is a "OMG that was a good pug" thread. i want to read a EPIC 5-man thread. where it's about the group. not about a single player. people said hello, rather than start to pull before buffs, or you were even zoned in... everyone was buffed and someone even dropped a feast... no one dropped group without saying a word, even if it was OCC...

is that too much to ask for?

Doc

This one time I got oculus for the random on 3 of my characters in a row.

The first run (on my shaman) I zoned in while the group was 4 manning the second boss. I caught up to them en route to the third boss, who we then rolled (~25 seconds to kill). Eregos got stomped shortly thereafter as well.

I actually was going to start a thread similar to this yesterday, but didn't get around to it. Got HoR as the random Heroic in a pug group the other day on my DK, and we steam-rolled through it with no issues at all, even got the achievement for escaping fast. Then we did another, got AN, and blew through it, getting the Hadronox Denied achievement as well.

A very good pug group, one of the smoothest heroic runs I've done.

I'd say that 80% of my DF groups are pretty smooth, with a bit of chatter (though not much), nobody dropping, thanks at the end, and no loot drama.

I have accounts on both the EU and US servers, and it seems that there are more horrors stories coming from the US side of the pond. I personally haven't run into any terrible groups on the US side, and the one time I've been assigned to Oculus I led the group through it about as smoothly as you could expect for a group where 2 people had never been there before.

As with all things WoW, the issue is that nobody yells loudly when everything is going well. This is why all the vitriol on the official forums is easy (and advisable) to ignore - it's a vocal minority, and comes nowhere close to presenting a statistically valid snapshot of the community.

I suspect you'd find that most people playing have had positive (or at least better) dungeon experiences in 3.3 than they did in 3.2. There has always been a percentage of PUGs that go bad, and the only reason we see more of them is that the total number of PUGs being run is up so dramatically.
    Cold Comfort: Rational Cynicism in the World of Warcraft
    http://blog.cold-comfort.org/

Kara's right. For all the "OMG you won't believe how bad this group was" posts I've made, the large majority of my experience with DF has been positive. I get groups immenseley faster (even on my dps!); and they're quick, simple, and painless.

As someone that works in the customer service field I can tell you you never hear about the good experiences, sadly. We focus on the negative. If one of my clients called in JUST to say they were happy, I'd probably have no idea what to do.

I'm only level 70, but the other day I was doing a random instance as a warrior tank (Labyreth, I think). I was group together with a DK, tree druid, and whoever else. We breezed through the instance on chain-pulls and the cool thing was, the DK would use that "get over here" skill to bunch up the casters for an AOE attacks. He then also off-tanked the adds and was a amazing help. Now that's the kind of DPS I love to play with.

Yesterday, I randomed regular CoS, as Arms Warr, and the level 78 pally tank asked me if I'd like to tank, since I had better gear (and level 80, etc.). I told him I didn't tank in pug groups, but would help in anyway I could, if no one minded, especially if they were new to the instance. I mentioned that, because no one seemed to know about how to start the ball rolling with Arthas, so I walked them through the quest, and suddenly found myself as the party leader!

Well, I start explaining how the fights work, and I notice the tank is already positioned, so I type, "You'all have been here before, haven't you?"

He laughs, and says, yes, these are alts...

I say, "Ok, I'll shut up...lol"

And, we blast on through the place. The only hiccup being when I d/c, at the beginning of the gauntlet, and come back in time for the last couple of elites...

Yes, I was overgeared, for the place, but, I was also really not needed that much! Even so, everyone was civil, and having a good time, including me...

Just for giggles, at the end, I said, "Be sure to talk to Chromie, for your quest. I forgot like three times!"

Laughs all round...good times... I would have played all day, with that bunch!

Which reminds me...at the end of one of these nice runs, I need to speak up, quickly, and ask if anyone wants to continue...think of how much fun is to be had, when you're with a group that's working together--almost like your guildies!

Have done all three of the new Heroics, in a group like that...very much fun!
    -"Just like a buzzin' fly, I come into your life, I'll float away, like honey in the sun..."--Tim Buckley

my rogue did AN in 7 minutes, then my druid did gundrak skipping ekk in 10 minutes, and finally my warrior did DTK in 12 minutes skipping dread.

On of the best things that has happened to me in a long while was in a random for my daily frost. I was on my dk, joined group and low and behold I see a player that I was guilded with 2 years ago and another server. My name is a play off my main's name at the time and he asked..." Ever had a warrior on Cho'gall? From there, its old friends and old times. Got vent info, got the facebooks, stood in FOS for nearly 20 minutes after the clear. Good buddy and he is transfering over to muh server now! I love the LFD option!
    Quote Originally Posted by WarTotem View Post
    You know you just called yourself an asshat, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Eravian View Post
    I actually was going to start a thread similar to this yesterday, but didn't get around to it. Got HoR as the random Heroic in a pug group the other day on my DK, and we steam-rolled through it with no issues at all, even got the achievement for escaping fast.
    I have fond memories of early HoR clears. They weren't smooth at all. In fact we wiped horribly at times. But players had really good attitudes, there was more teamwork and cooperation than your normal LFG blitz.

Examples: Shadow Priest switched to his pvp healing set to help out the gauntlet when we had an inexperienced (to this place) pally tank. Or having a hunter who used MD and FD to solo all the ranged adds when I was tanking on my warrior for the first time.

Just such inventive runs and people rarely dropped group after we wiped. And yes, these were full pugs, none of that bringing a healer/tank I trust just in case.

Quote Originally Posted by Muffin Man View Post
    I have fond memories of early HoR clears. They weren't smooth at all. In fact we wiped horribly at times. But players had really good attitudes, there was more teamwork and cooperation than your normal LFG blitz.
    First time I did FoS, I actually ended up in Heroic by accident and didn't realize. I go to teh group "OK guys, I have no idea how anything in here works. I'm warning you in advance."

The response I got? "None of do either, so who cares if we wipe. That's how you learn."

Needless to say wit an attitude like that....we one-shot everything, and I was boggled at how easy they made a new regular 5-man.

Then I saw it was on heroic.

I laughed for a good 20 minutes. But it was a lot of fun.

Paladin peaking at 11k dps on average doing 7k in halls of stone. Had to work hard to keep aggro against him.

Fun.

I think I have had 1 really bad pug total. I have had a couple where you are pulling noobies through (like tank out dps/damage the whole dps team), but it just takes longer, usually it isn't "bad".
    RNGesus - Saving you unreliably since BC.
    http://i689.photobucket.com/albums/v...ellvarsig3.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by MellvarTank View Post
    Paladin peaking at 11k dps on average doing 7k in halls of stone. Had to work hard to keep aggro against him.
    Let me guess. He went absolutly off on the last boss? I had a blood dps dk last night hit 10k dps and I held aggro on my paladin. My hat is off to him for letting establish before he went all stupid on them I wish I had caught his name.
    Quote Originally Posted by WarTotem View Post
    You know you just called yourself an asshat, right?

+ Reply to Thread