+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Destruyen's UI

and you put that as your account name for the folder then yeh?
    -Jimmy

|Ex Tank|

TWITCH.TV STREAM

No, i put my battle.net email, one sec let me try it

i cant really go in game and try to do it atm. beings all the realms are down, but do you have msn? or somthing

no i don't have any instant message junk. just rename your folder to WOW1 and wait till realms come back up. as long as you named all the other ones correctly, then you will see my profiles for the addons.
    -Jimmy

|Ex Tank|

TWITCH.TV STREAM

Its still not working =/

=/

Your profile still isnt there

i don't know what to tell you then. when i uploaded the files i downloaded it and loaded it in my wow folders then started up a new toon on a different server to test it and my profiles were there.

is anyone else not getting the profiles to show or any other issues?
    -Jimmy

|Ex Tank|

TWITCH.TV STREAM

I don't have any issues myself everything loaded up right but I probably touched a few things I shouldn't have like Skada which should just be left alone lol

For the most part I have all the profiles but I suspect that Bossb has an issue when he renames the folders.

The ones you rename are labeled in the WTF Folder:
    YOUR ACCOUNT NAME (Either your B.Net Account name that you had before or your new one which I'm not sure what it is now).
    Server Name
    Character Name (You can make multiple copies of this if you want more than 1 character to use the UI)

Yeah, i did all of that but still no profiles.

Hmm..

Okay did you back up your original Interface and WTF Folders? Cause usually when I install a custom UI I back up my original UI then I make another folder and called it "Settings Backup Modified/Unmodified Month Date Year". I then move my Interface and WTF Folder into there, I just cut and paste it, I don't know if that will affect anything. Then next I install Destruyen's UI naming the proper folders then I just cut/paste into my WoW folder.

Hey this is really confusing, i've download it, first thing i did was change the resolution back to 1920 x1280 and now most of the texts gone white. after struglling re-ordering my bars i entered a battleground and about 10 other bars came up that i don't even need :S.? help. it would help if you released a video.

Another thing its, Your profile doesn't come up on any /sct menu or any other addon options.

if you change the resolution then most everything will break/be out of place. once you change the resolution/video settings you will have to close wow then start it back up, that will get rid of the white test boxes (since most things don't really change until you restart after messing with video settings).

as for the no profiles thing, are you sure you installed the folders correctly and renamed them correctly?
    -Jimmy

|Ex Tank|

TWITCH.TV STREAM

not sure then, if i could talk to someone in vent about it, and if you know what team viewer is that might help

very sexy UI indeed. will be downloading this when i get to my new computer back in the states

personally i've always put mine and my target's bars in the middle bottom of the screen like you have here. makes it easier for me instead of looking up from my action bars and everything going on to the top left of the screen then back down

FYI for people copying other people's WTF folders:

instead of just copying it and then logging in and having to load a bunch of profiles and stuff, you could always just rename his character's realm and character name folders to yours. then it will already be placed and set up. BUT like jimmy said make sure you've copied your old stuff to your desktop or somewhere else first so if you don't like it you can revert back. ALSO so you can replace his macroscache file with your own because if don't do that you'll lose all your macros when you log in
    Last edited by kungfugrip; 07-28-2010 at 02:54 AM.

question - i noticed in your RAID screenshot DBM (or what looks like DBM) looks like it's in the same area overlapping as where your in your PARTY screenshot the party frames are located in a 5 man party - when DBM comes on in heroics and stuff, is it in the way of the party frames or no?
    Last edited by kungfugrip; 07-28-2010 at 02:54 AM.

UI

Have a question; I was using a nice addon pack that I downloaded and it was great (spartan and bartender, etc) on the blood queen fight I noticed that my bit ability did not come up, the bars didn't change - hope I am explaining this clearly...I had to ditch it and go back to a plain ui, boring.

Anyway, I assume you don't have this problem on yours, right?

Quote Originally Posted by gonlaz View Post
    Have a question; I was using a nice addon pack that I downloaded and it was great (spartan and bartender, etc) on the blood queen fight I noticed that my bit ability did not come up, the bars didn't change - hope I am explaining this clearly...I had to ditch it and go back to a plain ui, boring.

Anyway, I assume you don't have this problem on yours, right?
    The issue you are experiencing is because in your old addon's package the bartender bars were not set to page. All addon packages, and all users who use bartender will experience that problem unless they allow the bars to page based on certain circumstances(the BQL change is a shapeshift change). If you follow Destruyen's installation instructions, you shouldn't run into that problem.

Seems like I got a bug with sRaid frames and the profile I had was destroyed, I don't think that addon in particular was updated recently oh well. It wasnt too hard to re-setup sRaid Frames but I might have to copy over your UI again.

sorry i haven't been checking this thread as much as i should...i'm down in mississippi for a few weeks taking care of some family stuff so i haven't been logging in as much as i used to.

anyways...

@torn glory - yes the dbm overlaps however i right click the timers in heroics to get them off the screen. in bg's and arenas dbm pops up as well but in bg's as soon as more than 5 ppl join the bg the party bars disappear and go into raid bars, thereby not being in the way of any bars. in arenas they are only shown for the start of the arena and they don't pop up again once the arena starts (handy for maximizing shout time for warriors). you can move it if you really use dbm bars in heroics but it doesn't bother me since i click them off.

@gonlaz - i don't have paging problems with bartender on the BQL fight, but like khilbron said, make sure your bartender is set to page (warriors and druids should have this enabled by default since stance dancing will page your first action bar).

@Zaitochi - i usually don't update my addons unless they break. the only addon i update regularly is dbm. i haven't been playing at allfor a few weeks but before i took a pause in gaming i was debating on setting up grid for my ui to replace sraidframes. i've never set up grid before and it's a pain so i kept putting it off. maybe in a month or so when i get back to co and start playing again i'll set it up and release a new update.
    -Jimmy

|Ex Tank|

TWITCH.TV STREAM

Eh no worries here, I only miss a few of your old addons such as TinyPlates and Auracle Debuff monitor, the latter which I was able to reinstall since I had a backup of it lol.

I've heard that TinyPlates had issues with something don't remember what it was but man was it annoying when it happened.

I've been thinking of using Grid myself but I'm kind of thinking it benefits a healer way more than it does for a tank but its probably easier to see

+ Reply to Thread