+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Destruyen's UI

Cool thx for the update Destruyen.

As a temporary fix for future mod updates what I did as a test was back up my settings (with date stamps) somewhere else, and then reimport the saved variables folder from your custom UI. It sort of works but the backup I made kinda screwed it up, guess I have to double check a few of the backups I made >_> The only thing I have to remember to save for sure is my macros.

i actually just updated the addons and logged in and they were pretty much just the way they were before i updated. i guess a few are just funky sometimes (like pitbull).

as for macros, i keep a notepad doc with all the macros i use in case they ever get lost. then i can just copy and paste them back in. i don't know if all my macros get saved in with my wtf or if it's server side but i have quite a bit, my warrior's macro page is full and i still have more that i have to use the general tab with.
    -Jimmy

|Ex Tank|

TWITCH.TV STREAM

Red Map Smoke

What's controlling that red stuff around the map? I've messed with the SexyMap options for awhile and I can't find anything that controls it. The mini map can move around, but that red stuff stays static.

Another map question - there are objectives that appear attached to the map right underneath it. How can I move these somewhere else? In my old UI they were separated I believe. I just can't remember what controlled it. It's definitely attached to the mini map now though.

How can I modify where the loot window appears? It's currently at the bottom of the screen on top of all of the buttons - that's no good. Butsu doesn't appear to have an option screen - nor do I know what it does.

Just tried out your new UI this morning a few things bugged out on me but I think that is because I installed it on top of my stuff, so I'm gonna try something else to see if it fixes it or not.

The only things that don't seem to work for me atm is Pitbull, Skada, Class Timers, Quartz (this is a 50/50 chance of working sometimes not a big issue) but I think its possible I messed up some of my lua settings for this so I'm just gonna do a clean UI install to see if that fixes the issue or not.

try just installing my ui as a base and check to make sure everything installs correctly. if everything checks out then load in your extras and go from there. sounds like it might be a conflict in lua settings like you said though.
    -Jimmy

|Ex Tank|

TWITCH.TV STREAM

It worked this time around installing it as a clean base UI, the only profiles that don't seem to work properly is Pitbull and Classtimers (in terms of copying over) both of which are easy fixes since I have your screen shots for reference.

For Classtimers I put them in the same locations as you did and made sure that the Player Timers are set to Grow Upwards, as for the Focus timers I put them below my character.

For Pitbull the partyframe and pet frame seem to be out of place, the Petbar is wedged between Omen and the Stance bar but I think its a nice location so it doesn't need to be moved.

As for the partyframe it seems to be shifted closer to my Character's HP/Rage bars but this is a simple fix as all I did was move it back to the original location from your screenshots.

Quote Originally Posted by Arretheil View Post
    What's controlling that red stuff around the map? I've messed with the SexyMap options for awhile and I can't find anything that controls it. The mini map can move around, but that red stuff stays static.

Another map question - there are objectives that appear attached to the map right underneath it. How can I move these somewhere else? In my old UI they were separated I believe. I just can't remember what controlled it. It's definitely attached to the mini map now though.

How can I modify where the loot window appears? It's currently at the bottom of the screen on top of all of the buttons - that's no good. Butsu doesn't appear to have an option screen - nor do I know what it does.
    Actually it appears that the red smoke in the upper left also may be related to black smokey stuff at the bottom as well. What mod is it? Thought it was SexyMap, then SunnArt, but neither seems to be the culprit.

Quote Originally Posted by Arretheil View Post

kgPanels is the red stuff around the map and the black smoke at the bottom.

objectives can be moved in the interface menu under objectives iirc.

i actually disabled butsu so i don't have a loot addon atm, i might go to xloot and try that.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaitochi
    For Pitbull the partyframe and pet frame seem to be out of place, the Petbar is wedged between Omen and the Stance bar but I think its a nice location so it doesn't need to be moved.
    yeh i move the pitbull party frame when i do arenas to that spot so i can see my partners hp bars better/easier without having to look way on the side of the screen where they usually are. in pve i move it back along the side like in the screenshots, i just forgot i was doing arenas earlier before i packaged the ui and didn't move it back.
    -Jimmy

|Ex Tank|

TWITCH.TV STREAM

Not sure if you have this issue but whenever my game locks up and the next time I load it up I seem to have lost all of the profile settings for the custom UI, this is a weird bug I'm getting with the latest patch =/

i haven't gotten dc'd or had the game lock up since 3.3.3 so haven't experienced that yet.
    -Jimmy

|Ex Tank|

TWITCH.TV STREAM

I think the losing profile issue may be connected to the fact that I forgot to logout after setting up the UI, if my guess is write the addon profiles are not saved if I crash or d/c before logging out because they are probably set to Read-Only?

yeh addons won't "save" to your toon if you get dc'd. i've gotten in the habit of setting up a ui and then logging out to the character select screen then logging back in to make personal adjustments and whatnot afterwards.
    -Jimmy

|Ex Tank|

TWITCH.TV STREAM

Hey man i checked your UI i only got a question is it posible to run it in widescreen ?

you would probably have to make some positioning adjustments to it to play it at like 1680 x 1050 wide but shouldn't be too bad.
    -Jimmy

|Ex Tank|

TWITCH.TV STREAM

updated addons for 3.3.5 as well as added/deleted some addons.

oRA2, Aloft, EPGP are now gone from my ui. i have added:

pError - stops "you cannot do that yet" "not enough rage" spam
    YouArentInAPartyFix - removes that "you are not in a raid group" while in bg's
    HonorCapitAll - shows total honor from wg marks/shards, wg quests, and arena points
    IgnoreMore - bigger ignore list (unlimited)
    ShutUp - for when you just want to be left alone and go solo, blocks whispers from ppl not on your friends list and not in your guild. (i think i'm anti-social...)
    BadBoy - trade chat spam filter (filters multiple lines of the same thing into 1)
    Last edited by Destruyen; 06-25-2010 at 03:02 AM.
    -Jimmy

|Ex Tank|

TWITCH.TV STREAM

Hello, im having a problem with profiles, i downloaded the ui and went into the folders and put my acc name, server, and character, but when i go in game to get the addons set up and go to profile your name isnt there or anything.

you labeled the folder "YOUR ACCOUNT NAME HERE" with your wow account name (not your battle.net name) and didn't typo while renaming any of the folders?
    -Jimmy

|Ex Tank|

TWITCH.TV STREAM

I created my account after the battle.net thing so i dont really have an "account name" and no i didn't typo anything that i know of.

when you go to your battle.net homepage what does it show under your wow icon (probably "WOW1")?
    -Jimmy

|Ex Tank|

TWITCH.TV STREAM

Yeah, WOW1

+ Reply to Thread