+ Reply to Thread

Thread: PVE Frost Spec Glyphs (for heroics)

PVE Frost Spec Glyphs (for heroics)

Please, let's be serious, I know frost spec is the worst spec when it comes to PVE, but it's been pretty fun to play with and I can do about 4k dps with my current gears.

Here is the spec I am using:
    Talent Calculator - World of Warcraft

The 2 first glyphs are a given, Glyph of Frostbolt (even with the chill effect removed, it can still proc Fingers of Frost) and Glyph of Molten Armor, nothing like crit rating.

So I am stuck on the last slot, basically.

Here are my choices:
    Glyph of Eternal Water : Makes the Water Elemental summon permanent. This is pretty sick for PVE, with the recent boost to Water Elemental's waterbolt's consumption (reduced by 80%), they can spam their spell pretty much constantly, and by the time they run out of mana, you can summon another.

Glyph of Fireball: With my spec, I can summon the water elemtanl every 2 minutes 15 seconds, while is plenty for bosses. I have a talent called Brain Freeze, which gives my frostbolt a 15% chance to make my next fireball spell instant and cost less. With this glyph, I'd have an addtional 5% chance to crit with it.

Glyph of Mirror image: Makes a fourth image spawn, so that would technically increase the DPS if the Spellpower is still split at 33% per image.

I did not bring Ice lance in the choice because even with all the talents, Ice lance still does less damage than a Frostbolt/Deep Freeze combo would do during a Fingers of Frost proc. Also, while chaining the 2 Frostbolts, there is a chain to refresh the buff, something Ice lance cannot do, which can increase damage further drastically.

Thanks.

Definitely Glyph of Eternal Water.

The two major changes they made to help Frost dps in the last patch were Deep Freeze dealing a crap-ton of damage now and the permanent Water Elemental.

Also, you don't need Brain Freeze anymore. The fireball is actually a dps loss over just casting another frostbolt, although there's few other options for those talent points.

Thanks, so with that in mind, this is what my build would look like:
    Talent Calculator - World of Warcraft

Basically removed all points from Brain Freeze for 1 point in Improved Blizzard, something I completely ignored and lately realized it procs Fingers of Frost like mad. Only thing I've yet to notice is if blizzard can use Finger of Frost charges.

2 points into Enduring winter for the 66% to proc some mana regen for the whole party/raid, since this can't proc more than once every 6 seconds, and frost mage is basically just spamming frostbolt, I don't think it's even useful to max the talent.

+ Reply to Thread