+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Tweaking Gear, advice appreciated

Tweaking Gear, advice appreciated

Just wondering what kind of tweaking I should do on my gear, I'm currently doing ICC 10 man and older 10 mans, 25 mans are done very rarely.

I do have access to other types of gear but it may be a little excessive to list, I will update this post with a list later on though.

My HP seems a bit low however for ICC, if a mob hits for 15k each swing I go down pretty fast, I do have 2 of the Brewfest stam trinkets but I rarely use them now.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...ing&n=Zaitochi
    Last edited by Zaitochi; 01-11-2010 at 11:18 AM. Reason: Armor link

For your gems grab all 30 staminas unless the socket bonus is 9 stamina or higher. Get the pvp enchant on your shoulders, 225 armor to your cloak other than that your enchants are fine. An easy upgrade you have is the Cluth of Fortification, I would replace the Band of the Traitor King with it since it has much more EH in it with 560 armor. The Glyph of Indomitability is a nice upgrade over the Royal Seal since it has more base EH especially at your health to armor level and it has a better on use, I might consider using the Royal Seal for Festergut though because of his high magic damage.

Your gear should be fine for ICC, if you are dying alot it most likely is because of your healers or standing in the fire. Would you mind posting a World of Logs where you died to any bosses?

I do not have any logs of the fights I exploded/died on but from what I remember, the giant skeletons, the giant spider adds in Deathwhisper's room, Deathbringer Saurfang. And I think the bonelord as well.

An example of Deathwhisper which I guess was just bad luck was taking 2 15k melee hits + a 20k frostbolt no healing was received in between. For the giant spider adds in her room the just hit hard naturally, 15k a swing I believe.

For DBS (Deathbringer Saurfang) well that was my own fault by not paying attention to his debuff placed on me while tanking. Oh yes the airship battle was also my own fault too, although Muradin sure hits hard enough to bring me low, sometimes 30k if I get unlucky (probably a MS). The Bonelord I guess is plain stupidity by me standing in fire and not chasing him during Bonestorm to maintain aggro.

I'm rather surprised at how many tanks suggest the Glyph trinket, my guild leader says it sucks, or basically anything that has an armor proc is bad in his view but he mainly dpses on his hunter but he prefers if most of the tanks in our guild go with Stamina or whatever is BiS that is obtainable for most tanks.

Sounds like your healers just aren't focusing on you and the other deaths are just your fault for not paying attention to the fight mechanics.

The Glyph on a pure physical fight with a rough EH calculation is worth 162 stamina with arguably the best on use in the game. But the more magic damage the less the Gylph's armor is worth, on a situation with 20% magic burst its armor is only worth around 120 stamina.

+ Reply to Thread