+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Which trinkets?

Which trinkets?

Hey guys, I am thinking atm about my trinkets... and what the best ones would be for me atm.

I currently equip the brewfest one and Black Heart.

I have currently gotten Icks Thumb and am thinking of buying the badge one.

for now, I could swap out Brewfest for Icks Thumb, and set the trinket use on macro with Vampiric Blood for oh shit situations, and in the future add the badge use there as well, so having 4105 hp + a "shield" absorbing 3200.

[Currently low on badges since I bought belt and back]

TL;DR:

So, what do you guys think I should do for now? Keep the stam from the brewfest one and screw Icks Thumb , or screw the the brewfest one and use Icks Thumb ? (I currently am 40.6k HP ub in frost presence and tank ICC10)

If Ick's thumb had dropped for me, I'd have disenchanted it. Do either: keep Black Heart and get Skeleton Key, or keep Black Heart and do Glyph of Indom.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tengenstein View Post
    just don't let them melee you up the bum.

Trinkets are situational. It all depends on what boss you are fighting. For example, for X high magic damage encounter I wear double stam, but for Y heavy hitting melee boss I put on stam / glyph.

I currrently use both Brewfest Stamina Trinkets.
    I do have a Ick's Thumb but I feel squishy when using it.
    But then again, I have never been part of the Avoidance school of tanking...
    As to the Glyph I keep hearing no it sucks or get it is awesome, so I have no clue.

well, the Black Heart gives out some stam, and chance on beeing hit to increase armor by 7k for 10 secs, it has a 45 sec internal CD, imo it looks better then Gylph, someone please prove me wrong

Quote Originally Posted by Trork View Post
    well, the Black Heart gives out some stam, and chance on beeing hit to increase armor by 7k for 10 secs, it has a 45 sec internal CD, imo it looks better then Gylph, someone please prove me wrong
    There's plenty of theorycraft threads already about the usefulness of the glyph, but let me offer a couple quick points:

1. 1700 armor all the time, and 7% dodge every 2 minutes = HOT

2. Armored to the Teeth - Spell - World of Warcraft need I say more?

Glyph is awesome. I currently use it with Black Heart and will until I get skeleton key or unidentified organ (ha!)

I'd suggest TBH and Indom. Brewmasters has a little more health, but the proc effect really isn't all that awesome, where as the Aegis effect of TBH (I find) has a decent uptime and does something that's actually useful.

Quote Originally Posted by Eisen View Post
    Glyph is awesome. I currently use it with Black Heart and will until I get skeleton key or unidentified organ (ha!)

I'd suggest TBH and Indom. Brewmasters has a little more health, but the proc effect really isn't all that awesome, where as the Aegis effect of TBH (I find) has a decent uptime and does something that's actually useful.
    Might have to get the Glyph and use it with the Black Heart, just hate losing all that stamina by not using the Brewmasters.

I've been at this decision, and from reading, I know that as you progress as a tank, this decision will ALWAYS come up. We get our two stamina trinkets and we're good, tanking everything and anything our pugs or our guild can get into.

Then we tip to the Black Heart, drop everything we're doing and farm it until it is ours. (I got lucky and it dropped for me when I was first learning ToC, so it was always in my arsenal.

Once you begin moving deeper into content, the other trinkets start appearing on your radar, and you have crested the gear plateau. Welcome to Situational Gear! (insert cymbal crash and headache medicine)

I reiterate the above points, that you really MUST carry around at the minimum, 3-5 trinkets and 2-4 rings, so that you can swap them in and out as you need. When your group gets into a progression frame of mind (like ToGC or ICC) you might even branch that out to identical (or equal iLvl) gear that plays to different strengths.

Congratulations! You've hit the level where 'OMG 48k HP!!!' is no longer the measuring stick of your abilities. I can tank some ICC fights better in my 41k HP avoidance set than in my 49k HP EH set. But not all, the secret is knowing when to switch

So use all the slots in your equipment manager thingee and remember to double stam trinket before pugging, because non-tanks haven't learned yet

^^ Which set are you logged out in right now?

Check out this post. it clearly states which is better for each encounter.

http://www.tankspot.com/forums/f14/5...ve-health.html

Go with the Glyph and Black Heart, they both have good EH gains if you consider the Black Heart's proc and the Glyph has an amazing on use. If there is a fight that kills you from 20% or more magical burst then the Glyph is only worth 120 stamina in N-EH so unless you find a proc so useful it is worth around 45-55 stamina go with the Brewfest Black Heart combo in that situation.

+ Reply to Thread