+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Heroics Are Too Easy When....

Heroics Are Too Easy When....

You Tank them in your DPS spec in DPS Gear.

Gotta say when your with at least another guildy that can also pull high its pretty funny.

Anyone ever try that in TBC?

Towards the end of TBC, I tanked in prot spec, DPS gear quite often. My habitual tree healer actually requested that I take off my shield so she'd have something to do at all... at least on trash mobs. Of course, it was a lot easier back then, since Devastate didn't require a shield...

Nowadays, I stick to my pvprot gear with lots of armor penetration and such. It's a blast to tear through groups of mobs like paper. Complaints tend to come from the DPS side of the group ("Stop topping the damage meter, damnit, you're the tank") rather than the healers...

Our healer hit 2.7k dps in randoms the other day. i dont think they actually needed to heal the tank at all lol

Quote Originally Posted by Khordam View Post
    Towards the end of TBC, I tanked in prot spec, DPS gear quite often. My habitual tree healer actually requested that I take off my shield so she'd have something to do at all... at least on trash mobs. Of course, it was a lot easier back then, since Devastate didn't require a shield...

Nowadays, I stick to my pvprot gear with lots of armor penetration and such. It's a blast to tear through groups of mobs like paper. Complaints tend to come from the DPS side of the group ("Stop topping the damage meter, damnit, you're the tank") rather than the healers...
    I started switching my shield out for another tank weapon in Kara. I'd DW Brutalizer with the sword from Hyjal, and just spam devastate, HS and revenge. Was hilarious, did it on bosses too. They were only crushing for like 4k back then anyway. Once 3.0 hit I went fury (titan's grip) for a run but kept my prot gear on, except I used Jin'Rohk, The Great Apocolypse as my tank weapon.....priceless stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tengenstein View Post
    just don't let them melee you up the bum.

I'm tempted to do this. I mean, I'm currently tanking Heroics in my DPS spec (Unholy) but I wear a combination of my Tanking and DPS gear, mostly to maintain 540 defense. Threat isn't an issue, and I still have Bone Shield and IBF to make up for any tense situations (these days it's almost always due to lag spikes or healer d/c). I figure the more DPS I can do while tanking through, the faster it'll be, and it'll make up for any softer hitting DPSers on the team.
    Stay strong. Stay smart. All heart.

My pocket healer is a shaman.. the last several days he has been running enhancement spec and pulling dps in heroics... The occasional maelstrom chain heal and we are good to go!

when u can no longer say you pull it you tank it because......they probably can!

Several heroics I have tanked not only in DPS gear and DPS spec, but cat form (yes, I'm a druid ). Of course you take a ton more damage, and managing aggro is a lot harder, but at least the healer does not fall asleep
    (during a nexus run with a ret paladin, I noticed that between my self-heal as bear and the heal from the judgment, I was receiving 0 heals from the healer, who even complained "I feel useless here....").

I do the random everyday with 4 dps and my tank. I load up on the SBV and just don't take any damage beyond what judgement, divine storm, and VE heal me for. Make for very fast runs. We beat the timer in about 3/4's of the runs we do. Even places like nexus.

Can't beat the timer in strat tho... too much RP.

Be a Champion, not a hero.
    Drae

http://www.zetbit.com/sig-1454507.jpg

We did a heroic ToC with 4 DPS and 1 healer and one of the DPS decided to pop rocket boots and pull all 3 packs of mobs for the 2nd boss. It was interesting, I think our healer wanted to cry after that but he did a pro job and we didn't wipe.

I must say it makes for very fast heroics, did a 10m UK with that setup and did Nexus tonight in I think it was 11 mins, might have been 12. The hunter was complaining he had nothing to shoot because we'd cleave the adds to death too quickly between the ret paladin and myself as fury.

.... you 4 man occulus with a rogue tanking(i was on my resto druid).

you tank in in Blood Presence lol

the group gets pissed when you tell them it couldve been easier and then they see the blue skull

Tank friend generally stays prot and pulls 5-6 groups at once. On the slower heroics he goes ret for the simple fact his mana can't stay up...

Last night, I was in a random H VH group. I got in a tiff with the healer because he was taking all the skins. I politely asked him if he could save a few for me, to which he replied, "I hate skinners that aren't LW." I told him I was broke and only wanted a few skins. He didn't give them to me, so I went out of my way to snag as many as possible. He stopped healing me, but it didn't really matter as its not like I take much damage in VH anyway. Eventually, one of our DPSers said "Heal the f'ing tank", to which the healer replied "heal yourself pally boy" or something like that and left. This was after we had just killed wave 16/18. One of the DPS left right after. I immediately put us back in the LFG queue, and we get another healer and DPS, but too late. Boss had already appeared and they couldnt zone in. I yell "3 MAN", throw on Seal of Light, and we downed that biatch. It was me (prot pally), a ret pally, and a fury warr. Boo yah.

you don't bring a healer on purpose

In heroic Azjol-Nerub, one of the dps pugs walked into the Anub'arak room with the healer way in back from the previous trash pull. I jumped in the room with a fury warrior, and the three of us killed the boss while the resto druid and warlock watched.

Hooray death strike.

-Splug

What ever happened to the days when breaking a CC and pulling aggro as a huge red flag! I loved the fact that I was a tank cause everyone else got one shot.

At the same time it was enjoyable seeing how DPS dealt with situations when they did have aggro. Kiting, Stunlocking, CCing etc. Had to fight for your life.

When earthshield is all you need to heal

...you tank Tharon'ja with nothing but a shield, sword and sombrero. Naked trolls are not pretty.

Quote Originally Posted by woodyman View Post
    when u can no longer say you pull it you tank it because......they probably can!

Basically this. When guildies and I are farming heroics (for whatever reason) with speed in mind, i'm in my dps spec and gear, and we're just rolling the place with nothing more than spriest heals/bubble or a shaman tossing the occasional chain heal. I'm not really capable of "tanking" a run where my dps are going full-tilt for speed, the rune-refresh timer prohibits it regardless of my gear and spec.

+ Reply to Thread