+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Gearing For Heroics

Gearing For Heroics

Guys and Gals

Hit 80 last night as a Prot Warrior and want to get into Heroics asap...but my Def is a little on the low (from what I have read). Im on 468 but need somewhere in the region of 540 (if the posts aren't lying). I've purchased the Titanium Shield that B/Smiths can make so it should go up a bit...so really what Im after is advice - is there a good website that will tell me where I should go for kit (as I dont really want to start Heroics and let everyone down when I get muntered). I've looked at WoW Armoury "upgrades" but the main suggestions are for ToC 25 and various other raids (which I wont be able to do!).

Any advice/guidance would be gratefully received.

Cheers

Bleyde

Seal of the Pantheon from HOL normal will bring you up to 533 in one swift stroke (only 535 needed for heroics with lvl82 bosses, 540 for raids with lvl83 bosses). It shouldn't take more than 2-3 runs unless you're really unlucky. I'd go ahead and craft Daunting Handguards as well, and Tempered Saronite Bracers, these are quite cheap to make.
    The main Icecrown questline awards a much better tanking starter helm, and theres a BOE shoulder you can probably find on AH that randomdrops from CoS.

These are just off the top of my head, Kadomi on her blog has a well-compiled list of pre-raid gear options:
    Pre-raid shopping list: the 3.3 edition | Tank like a girl

Good luck in your tanking endeavours!
    "Yes." - Captain Obvious

Thanks....I'll check it all out.

+ Reply to Thread