+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Some question about Pugs, Dks

Some question about Pugs, Dks

Hello fellow tanks.

Im a Death Knight tank, 36k hp ub. Ive done my share of Pugs lately. And its stuns me how annoying other people can be, specially DPS. Fortuntally due to my larger healthpool i dont get those " Omfg only 30k hp ub QQ " comments, but i get alot of " Oh Dk tank *sigh* " comments when i do Pugs, it really annoys me, because i remembered in Vanilla and many times TBC expansion the tank was the Leader of the group, his word was law. If the tank told rogue to sap that, he did it. If i do that now, i either get " omfg gogo com on, guild raid in 2 min QQ nab tank " or " lol noob tank, dk tank lol ". I started out doing alot of Pugs, but then i started to realize how stupid and annoying many people can be, so nowadays i only do one each day, perhaps two if a guild mate need a tankie.

I remembered before the new Pugs, when you found a tank, the entire group was happy. If the tank didnt have the best gear, what ever. If the group wipe 1-2 . Nobody really gave a damn. Now many people just leave, ive seen many dpser just ninjapulling and because i let them die on purpose they left.

So my question is. What do you do when you encounter these same scenarios?

Secondly.

Is it just me, or are DKs tank sortof sucky? Seriously, ive tried as dps once with a paladin tank with decent gear, 35k hp etc. He seriously just facerolled the entire instance. The Healer didnt do anything and if i did the same instance as Dk the healer would heal me many times because of my spiky dmg.

In 10-25 raids, I ALWAYS get the OT job. I never get MT status, even if the other tank have smaller health pool. Ofc i would be MT if the other was DK. but are Dks really that sucky in heroics/raids?

Sorry for long text, i just needed to say it

/ Skinkefar

1) Yes, I get that a lot, mostly because a lot of DKs are retards. I've had complaints of a priest that DW was crap for tanking (although I never dropped aggro to DPS and never died, Frost FTW), that I should be Unholy cause it's better for tanking 'nabs reading 2 lines of MMO-C FTL)

2) Blizz has already stated that DKs take more damage in heroics due to lack of absorb shield mechanic. Luckily, I am a Frost DK, so I can take dual tanking swords to make up the difference. In raids the difference in negligable, yet most guilds simply don't take DKs over other tanks because those other usually have more experience in their class.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ion
    Damn old people, screwin' with my grind.
    Mists of Pandaria Protection Warrior Spreadsheet
    Warlords of Draenor One Minute Field Guides

Quote Originally Posted by WarTotem View Post
    1) Yes, I get that a lot, mostly because a lot of DKs are retards. I've had complaints of a priest that DW was crap for tanking (although I never dropped aggro to DPS and never died, Frost FTW), that I should be Unholy cause it's better for tanking 'nabs reading 2 lines of MMO-C FTL)

2) Blizz has already stated that DKs take more damage in heroics due to lack of absorb shield mechanic. Luckily, I am a Frost DK, so I can take dual tanking swords to make up the difference. In raids the difference in negligable, yet most guilds simply don't take DKs over other tanks because those other usually have more experience in their class.
    1. Hehe. Im my self is a blood, due to the self healing but i must say when i was frost, i really liked it. It was really easy to do heroics, because of howling blast glyph

2. Well, what will blizz do about it? If i rolled a FOTM paladin tank, i could use my forhead to tank in heroics. I really do see why Dks need to be so nerfed, when the demands for tank is very high.

Nobody likes dk's in heroics because:

-No ap debuff
    -No block
    -Blade Barrier mechanics

make us take notably more damage (10-15% is not uncommon) than less geared tanks of any other class. What that means is, you're worse than a semi-competent paladin, warrior, or druid by default. If you play extremely well, you're just as good, or almost as good. Even the almighty blood dk with lots of raid gear cannot make up for a lack of block with huge healthpool and death-strike. We are flat-out the most horrendous heroic tanks, and GC has even admitted this.

Players in pugs have picked up on this (because it isn't hard to notice a dk tank getting clobbered by a ton of adds in a heroic) and they have steryotyped dk tanks as "bad" or "squishy." While the first one is obviously silly, and the second only really true with a lots of little fast hits, these are the kinds of things you can expect out of a heroic or a pug as a new dk.

+ Reply to Thread