+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 21 to 29 of 29

Thread: Guild gearing order...

  1. #21
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    1,783
    Quote Originally Posted by Darksend View Post
    ... with the same gear and spec and telling them not to use any cooldowns, they will all die around the same time.

    that is the biggest reason to gear tanks over DPS, and healers for the same reason over dps.
    Except that any tank worth their salt will use a cooldown, and their ability to use them appropriately makes a huge difference. Then there's also their ability to kite, etc., which can also impact on their survivability.

    In short, your argument was based on the assumption that the tanks are all equally unskilled.

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    28
    I'm a big fan of EPGP. The people who show up the most, perform the best, and who have gotten the least loot get to pick first :-)

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    30
    Well tbh. i find that using this kind of loot distribution seems rather un-professional as there should be some kind of system in it and not just "the dpser that rolled the highest wins" even if other tanks or healers got more, I think that you should talk to your raid leader about getting a Loot system such as EPGP or Loot council where its the officers / raid leaders that finds out what would be the best overall improvement "FOR THE GUILD" and not for the single individual as it seems to be atm. Although if your raid leader/ guild master do not agree to do this I think you should confront him/her about why it is bad to do it the way theyr doing it now and possibly even tell him/her to register an account here on tankspot and make an thread.

    Hope this can help you in some way.

    "He who laughs last didn't get it."

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    426
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazeyonoma View Post
    Adapt, adjust, and achieve!
    Improvise, Adapt, and Overcome! Hooha!

    Kaz has spoken and this my friends is law. As far as dps>heals>tanks go I will say this. Saurfang has made punks out of my raid team for two weeks. We are not a top 100 guild, we are not a top 500 guild however, the hunter and mage that I run with went on a loot zerg and came back to Saurfang this week hitting hard. 8k sustained dps. The bloodbeasts didn't have a chance to get out of the frost trap and Saurfang was faceplanted. I am a happy DK tank.
    Quote Originally Posted by WarTotem View Post
    You know you just called yourself an asshat, right?

  5. #25
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    4,025
    I'd have /gquit on the spot with the token in my backpack and told the gm not only that I had the token, but also the many deviant acts I'd love her to attempt to perform on herself.

    Basically, why let you roll, if you can't win? Sounds like a rule made up on the spot.

    That said, I've voluntarily given up gear to help my OT or another dps even if it was a very good upgrade for me in the spirit that in the long run a well geared raid helps all of us. The gear will drop again, but my choice was voluntary, it wasn't the result of a ninja GM. Would she have been so magnanimous if it were her that had to give up the token? It's always easy to volunteer someone else to do without for the "greater good."

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    426
    Quote Originally Posted by Theotherone View Post
    I'd have /gquit on the spot with the token in my backpack and told the gm not only that I had the token, but also the many deviant acts I'd love her to attempt to perform on herself.
    I have never heard that phrase put so politically correct before. I don't think you should have /gquit. The real question is did you know the loot table rules before you went into the raid?
    Quote Originally Posted by WarTotem View Post
    You know you just called yourself an asshat, right?

  7. #27
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    4,025
    Quote Originally Posted by Banterloft View Post
    I have never heard that phrase put so politically correct before.
    Took some careful thought; Kaz scares me.

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    426
    Quote Originally Posted by Theotherone View Post
    Took some careful thought; Kaz scares me.
    He scares us all...
    Quote Originally Posted by WarTotem View Post
    You know you just called yourself an asshat, right?

  9. #29
    Basically, why let you roll, if you can't win? Sounds like a rule made up on the spot
    Exactly.

    It sounds a LOT like they simply didn't want you to have it, or they wanted the other guy to have it for some other personal reason. Letting you roll at all gave them the chance to make it look fair, it just backfired when you actually won...then they had to bust out the "rule" to recover it.

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts