+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Just looking for some constructive criticism

Just looking for some constructive criticism

US - Twisting Nether - Alliance - Gitt

Things that you don't see on the armory, are the two brewfest trinkets I regularly switch to for stam increases when needed. I also wanted to mention that from time to time, I switch my libram to [Libram of Valiance]

I've been going over my gear, and I'm just at a loss as to where to improve. I have ideas, but I'm not 100% certain they're solid. So I thought I'd get some ideas from the community. Any tips are appreciated, and as I stated I'm looking to improve anywhere I can.

Avoidance vs Mitigation vs Stamina for ICC 25 progression. This is something I came across today, and had to think about for a while. I was looking at either picking up the [Gauntlets of the Kraken] or the [Lightsworn Handgaurds]. I ended up going with the T10 hands at a recommendation from a few people for picking up the better tier at a later date, but I still thought the gauntlets were better for mitigation, and EH. Another thing I was looking at was the [Corroded Skeleton Key], not for the on use, but for the stamina... I was told this was a bad idea, and imo stam is one of the best stats to stack, which negates the terrible on use.

Now, I don't currently have any trouble tanking, my threat is good, my survivability is generally good, but I feel that there is definitely room for improvement in my setup. So I ask you all, what would you change, if you were me? What gear would you be focusing for ICC 25 man progression w/ intentions on running Heroic mode?

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by devZero; 01-09-2010 at 10:19 PM.

Sorry, I should have read the sticky. Please feel free to move to the Halp! I need advice section...

It'll get moved sooner or later. Honestly, the worst thing on in your armor is the Fervor of the Frostborn trinket. In addition to stam trinkets, I presume you also have the T9 emblem armor trinket? IF not, run-don't-walk to the vendor and get it, as it's ridiculously better than the frostborn trinket.

The non-set pieces available for emblems are generally much better than the tier pieces for both pallies and warriors. The stam trinket is decent if you need a stam trinket, but otherwise I'd go for the offset belt and other pieces before it. They have waaaay more survivability (yay for bonus armor) than the tier pieces (also they're half a tier ahead in ilvl).

Also, don't forget about the crafted pieces you can get with Ashen Verdict rep. They are close to BiS, and if you're motivated enough well worth grinding for the mats to make them with.

Moved.

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

Thanks Tom, I had forgotten about the badge trinket. I appreciate the info, and have taken your words into consideration. I think I'll be focusing at this point on getting those items crafted, picking up the bonus armor items.

+ Reply to Thread