+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Halls of Stone Random Dungeon

Halls of Stone Random Dungeon

I need a bit of help here. I keep losing threat on the first large stone guys right in the front. They run off and kill anything squishy. I am spamming Avengers Shield, Hand of Reckoning and Hammer of Righteousness, yet I still lose threat.

Seems to be my main problem tanking. Any idea what I can do to fix that in this particular dungeon. I seem to be fine the rest of the dungeon and in others.

Is there anything else I can do? I'm a fairly new tank, just 3 weeks old maybe?

Those Stone Golems (if I recall the name) have an aggro drop, run out and hit someone.

The options are either folks to accept the hits, coordinate/time stuns to minimize the run outs or cluster up on the assumption the charge requires a minimum (8 yards, usually) range to be used.

Personally, I've never had an issue with it, but then no one dies on a run out from the hit & healers expect to see it.

Yeah it's just a move they do. They charge someone then hit everyone with lightning balls then usually go back to the tank.

Quote Originally Posted by Esch View Post
    Those Stone Golems (if I recall the name) have an aggro drop, run out and hit someone.
    I have never seen them drop aggro, but they do however have an offtarget charge with a following aoe

Thanks guys, I knew they ran off, I try to keep them on me, but you know, the dps ALWAYS blames the tank no matter what, so I second guessed myself. They always come right back to me, it's just those folks were squishy and I really wanted to know if there was anything else I could do.

Have a great day!

Quote Originally Posted by Verita View Post
    Thanks guys, I knew they ran off, I try to keep them on me, but you know, the dps ALWAYS blames the tank no matter what, so I second guessed myself. They always come right back to me, it's just those folks were squishy and I really wanted to know if there was anything else I could do.
    No, that is perfectly normal. Halls of Stone is one of those instances where even an overgeared healer can have her work cut out for her from all the AEs and random secondary effects, and tanks really have to be careful about gathering up entire rooms of mobs, even if overgeared.

Unless your group is so well-geared that these guys die extremely quickly, the group should stack on the tank. Funny thing about mobs like these that charge:

The go after the people farther out.

If your group stacks up they probably won't charge at all, and even if they do you'll be closer at hand to whack the mob and make sure to keep it. Those 3-4 seconds it takes between a charge and a mob coming back to you are a lot of time for DPS to generate threat while you aren't

+ Reply to Thread