+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Ele Shamans and the Haste Cap?

Ele Shamans and the Haste Cap?

I've heard many different answers to this question, so maybe you guys can help. Do Elemental Shamans currently have a haste cap? If so, what is it?

Ele shams have a "softcap" that they want to hit, 1.6s Lightning Bolts (so you can fit 5 in between LvB's). I do not recall exactly how much haste rating this translates to.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaio View Post
    Ele shams have a "softcap" that they want to hit, 1.6s Lightning Bolts (so you can fit 5 in between LvB's). I do not recall exactly how much haste rating this translates to.
    There currently is no "set" amount of haste we're shooting for. With the high mobility of the ICC encounters haste still outweighs crit up to GCD LB's.

The softcap is currently 1269

Quote Originally Posted by craptacular View Post
    There currently is no "set" amount of haste we're shooting for. With the high mobility of the ICC encounters haste still outweighs crit up to GCD LB's.
    Sounds reasonable. My info is admittedly outdated, so I'd listen to this guy.

3.3 Ele shaman guide by Mek pretty handy.

Ensidia

All you need to know and I hope this helps.

The "Soft Cap" people are referring to is actually 511 haste. Once you reach that much haste you can fit another Lightning Bolt in your rotation.

There is no set amount of haste a shaman needs. Get as much as you possibly can.

That being said, NEVER gem for haste.

Quote Originally Posted by Solemn View Post

That being said, NEVER gem for haste.
    is gemming haste really that bad my idea is get your haste to the point for a 1.6 lighting bolt then sp the lose of dps is greater if you don't get that 5th LB between LvB then it is if you gem haste at the moment I have 3 straight haste and one haste+sp gem and the rest is sp with a sp mp5 to get my meta working

atm I'm at 3k ish sp (low I fine at this level of gear, but I'm kind of under geared)

side note if you get to the haste can you get a 6th lighting bolt in their or would that be a lose of dps cause you would have less sp
    I want to be a gnome shaman with mechanical chickens on sticks for totems

+ Reply to Thread