+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Bm Arising ?

Bm Arising ?

Hey Guys

So as the title says, is Beast mastery Arising ? because due to the slight buff on patch 3.3.3 i saw that there trying to increase the dps of the player mainly , by increasing Steady shot damage and so. (also the older patch 3.3.2 )

So the question is,,, is Blizz trying to put Bm back on top ? if so .. is it working...or even is it close to the Sv and MM conflict ?
    I havent tested it on charts >> Cba to change spec :<, so if any1 who tested it can tell me cuz i have SKoll <3 and im ready to respec if it works out =D

<3 Bm <3

thanks for passing by,

Djtwo
    Last edited by Djtwo; 03-30-2010 at 07:56 AM. Reason: for got to add something ^^

While BM has been slightly buffed with the new patch, sadly, its damage and DPS output is not even close to Surv or MM. Blizz said they are going to try and equalize all the Hunter specs in terms of damage but currently, MM and Surv are really the only raid viable specs.

meh

Its is becoming a little more viable, the 10% buff is out now, and that affects Pet DPS as well, I am thinking the more that buff goes up, it may close the gap.

My guild has a BM hunter who raids in our 25man, he pulls decent dps. But on the flip side he is the most geared member of the guild...
    [Today 06:48 PM] Ion:swimming in a natural body of water ISN'T acceptable...it's momentarily tolerable

Quote Originally Posted by leethaxor View Post
    My guild has a BM hunter who raids in our 25man, he pulls decent dps. But on the flip side he is the most geared member of the guild...
    If he went MM or Surv his deeps would definitely go up a considerable amount. I recently made the switch myself and it's pretty absurd.

Ghostcrawler, in a post, said the goal is to get BM on par with Sur for dps; but MM would remain top dps. We'll see what happens.

I don't think the changes have done enough to bring BMs dps up to a level equal to MM or surv in a raiding context. The changes may make it a solid option for leveling perhaps (I can't really say cause I've been MM for as long as i can remember), but I think you'll find that most hunters serious about dps will switch from BM to MM or surv as soon as they hit 80.

Well I am sorry to disagree, but our BM is actually quite close to or outperforming our MM hunters, with equal stuff I might have to add.
    Here a little festergut 10 man log http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=6213&e=6455
    On random VOA runs (10-25 mans) she is always one of the top4) and yes I am not only talking when there are incompetent people there. By the way she even outperforms the spreadsheet (femaledwarf.com) on occasions

Or you could test it yourself instead of the "cba" in your post. :-)
    not the best way to ask for some advice on this forum really you can't be arsed so someone else please do the work spend the gold and let me know......yeah thanks.
    Maybe when you've done that post some results up :-)
    Last edited by Vong; 04-22-2010 at 04:18 AM. Reason: Spelling
    So long and thanks for all this fish

The buff to BM was not that significant TBH. honestly I'd say the reason BM is able to close the gap between it and SV a little is the fact that there is so much more armor pen on hunter gear than ever. SV actually benefits more from haste than armorpen and this gear has almost disappeared. Meanwhile BM benefits from armorpen the same way MM does. So BM IS on a level with SV...but because of gear and slight buff. I don't see why there is so much SV hate in 3.3.3, I always thought it was the funnest spec, forcing me to react instead of going 3,4,5,5,5,3,4,5,5,5... (3=Chimera, 4=Aimed, 5=Steady)

@ Schmevan: without wanting to sound elitist like but arpen does not benefit the hunters pet, ergo it is definetly not as good for BMs as it is for MMs; considering a BM's pet does 30-40% of the hunters damage.

I never said that armorpen does affect the hunters pet, but it does affect the 60% of the dps that is the hunter. With a sufficient amount of armorpen (a significantly higher number than MM) a BM hunter drops arcane shot from their rotation in favor of Mark-Sting-Aimed-Steady, aimed and steady both benefit greatly from armorpen increasing dps by quite a bit.

Alas, the itemization of ICC gear is more of a nerf to SV then a buff to BM (sad panda, I miss SV) with every tier piece but the legs being itemized for the god forsaken MM armorpen build that I use now. This has me very close to retiring my hunter until cataclysm.

SV is fine; I'm spec'd to both MM and Sur and some fights SV is better e.g. Surfang, since I have to target switch to Blood Beasts, I want to be putting Explosive Shot on them every chance I get and not worry about SS and refreshing it with Chim Shot; while I find MM does better in a fight like Festergut or Marrowgar.

In the end it's what you're comfortable with and what you like.

In best in slot gear, here is the most current breakdown I could find (did this for my own guild's forums, data stolen from EJ)

Assuming 150MS latency & 360second (6 minute) fight time, no movement, on a level 83 raid boss in 25 man.

Best BM Template:

Total DPS: 13544,76
    Hunter DPS: 9547,40
    Pet DPS: 3997,36
    AP: 10249
    Crit: 68,83%
    Hit: 100,14%
    ArP: 1401
    Shot Queue: KS/MS/Sp/SS
    Wait Delay: 0ms
    Spec: 53/14/4
    Race: Orc
    Pet: Raptor

Best MM Template:

Total DPS: 15054,53
    Hunter DPS: 13701,91
    Pet DPS: 1352,61
    AP: 10360
    Crit: 77,81%
    Hit: 100,09%
    Shot Queue: SilS/AiS/CS/KS/Sp/SS
    Wait Delay: 800ms
    Spec: 7/57/7
    Pet: Wolf

Best SV Template:

Total DPS: 13630,25
    Hunter DPS: 12082,88
    Pet DPS: 1547,37
    AP: 12438
    Crit: 82,23%
    Hit: 100,02%
    Shot Queue: KS/ES/BA/MS/Sp/SS
    Spec: 6/14/51
    Pet: Wolf

While you can see that MM is by far the best spec, SV and BM are neck & neck. Remember that these are calculated in the perfect environment with no lag, decent latency, and a player that never screws up.

Cry Havoc! And let slip the Ghosts of War..

Question Goros.
    Thanks for the above post shows some very interesting numbers. On the surv set on shot queue you open will KS. Does this mean kill shot?as I have a hunter alt that is surv And kill shot only lights up when target is under 20% I think. Am I missing some trick here? Might sound a daft question but as I said it's an alt so I'm mainly tanking not shooting arrows at bosses :-)
    thanks in advance.

What it means is that KS, when it procs, takes priority over all other shots, but it's not usable, as you point out, until the target is at 20% or something. In SV my rotation is KS, BA, ExS, AS, SS, Steady Shot - and Steady Shot as the filler. http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...za&cn=Wharfrat

My issue with BM, and I'd love to go back to it, is that when the pet goes down (cause you can't trust healers to throw your pet a heal) a large percent of dps goes out the window.

Thanks for that clarification. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Goros View Post
    In best in slot gear, here is the most current breakdown I could find (did this for my own guild's forums, data stolen from EJ)

Assuming 150MS latency & 360second (6 minute) fight time, no movement, on a level 83 raid boss in 25 man.

Best BM Template:

Total DPS: 13544,76
    Hunter DPS: 9547,40
    Pet DPS: 3997,36
    AP: 10249
    Crit: 68,83%
    Hit: 100,14%
    Shot Queue: KS/MS/Sp/SS
    Spec: 53/14/4
    Pet: Raptor
    Try replacing the raptor in the BM spec with a Devilsaur & I bet BM passes SV.

Raptors and devilsaurs have the same everything right down to the skill tree. They are just reskinned mobs of the same design.

It will give you no difference in performance other than you thinking it looks cooler.

Also, I'm pretty sure the guys at EJ have probably tested every single mob in the game that can be made a pet and picked the best one.

Just sayin'.

Cry Havoc! And let slip the Ghosts of War..

Wolf - FTW.

+ Reply to Thread