+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Teir 10 vs Offset for ICC'10's?

Teir 10 vs Offset for ICC'10's?

Hey guys, I am a prot Warrior currently sitting at 95 frost badges and have been racking my brain about what to buy from the frost badge vendors!
    I am currently sitting on base tier 9, and a few pieces from ICC 10 (neck, mace)

My dilemma is the tier 10 looks tasty but is not as big of an upgrade to stam as the offset pieces are. However upon getting tokens when my guild is ready for 25 (if we ever get ready) the tier 10 may outweigh the offset pieces.

Should I just go for the offset pieces (belt, skeleton key, cape) or should I start acquiring the tier 10 pieces?
    If offset in what order?

As of now the guild is only doing an ICC 10 run a week, I may however start pugs for the 25 soon.

Here is an armory link:
    The World of Warcraft Armory

(the helm WILL be changed to the honorbound faceplate)
    **I know my weapon and shield are not enchanted yet, waiting for the pieces first to see what I would need**

The t10 set bonuses arent that great until you upgrade them and if you arent planning on runnin 25 anytime soon then id go for offset. If you do start 25s (even pugs) remember that tokens dont drop until you get to saurfang. I dont know about your server but most pugs here fail horribly.

As for the order take whatever benefits you the most. Which pieces will give you the most stats that your gear is currently lacking on? Which ones will give you the most mitigation you can get? Thats what you have to as yourself when choseing new gear. I myself usually grab a calculator (im a math nub) and do the math to see what will fit me best.

If you do get into 25s soon, also have to remember that the bosses after saurfang are pretty difficult atm. So youre looking at possibly getting one (2 if 2 of the same token drop off saurfang) per week and will be rolling against all other people in the raid that the token fits. So if youre just starting 25s then youre chances of getting a token are pretty low.

Hope this helps.

this help a lot actually. Statically my chances of upgrading any peice of teir 10 will not be for a while, especially with the fact the token I believe is available to multiple classes.

Now the question remains which peice of offset should I upgrade first. I was in love with the skeleton key but now i'm thinking the belt is a more vialbale options as it upgrade stats as well as stam (though not as much as the trinket)

The trinket is actually a pretty weak piece. For your the best piece to grab is probably the cloak followed by the belt.

Id agree with KRC, your cloak seems to be a really low pieceof gear atm. Yea stam is nice and all, and the absorb use on it is ok, but it isnt everything.

+ Reply to Thread