+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Imp. Mangle or Master Shapeshifter?

Imp. Mangle or Master Shapeshifter?

Ok, so basically.. I've geared up my druid and joined a guild, and the Class Leader of the guild wants me to spec for Imp. Mangle but wants to drop Imp. Leader of the Pack himself in order to grab more damage sufficient talents, however this leaves me with the dilemma of Imp. Mangle or Master Shapeshifter.. Whats more TPS effective? Whats more raid benificial? Does anyone have numbers or break downs on this comparison? Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

MSS, hands down.

Quote Originally Posted by Darksend View Post
    MSS, hands down.
    What he said

Look at it this way, Imp. Mangle increases your threat versus single target stuff via mangle.

MSS increases your threat in single target and AoE via Magnle, Swipe, Maul and Lacerate. Plus it has good functionality in cat form.

Even if Imp. Mangle had more TPS, I would still lean towards MSS, but.. since it doesnt, MSS all the way.

that explanation is slightly wrong, not really wrong but incomplete.

Imp mangle only affects mangle and the rotation pushes back FF's when mangle and FF come off CD at the same time, which never happens with imp mangle, thus negating some of the threat gain from imp mangle.

Also maul is 50-70% of our threat so a 4% increase to that is HUGE!

+ Reply to Thread