+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Warlock DPS

Warlock DPS

My concern is actually to see how much of a dps performance decrease can occur from having and "under-geared" Computer. I can touch 6k dps on a heroic target dummy while sitting at 45-60 fps in IF. Yet in our 25mans, w/ full raid buffs I will finish, say, the northerend beasts encounter with 4k-5k dps...seldom exceeding the 5k mark. My fps however in a 25 man ranges btwn 10-18 fps. I don't think there is a problem with my rotation or gear. It could just be a lack of focus? but I have consistently put out higher dps in ten mans, but never surpassing consistent 6k dps on boss encounters. I feel i am geared to do 8-10k dps however. and i have only ever hit that high on gimmick fights ( i.e Twin Valks) rotation is: CoE (without boomkin, other warlock) other wise CoD, Immolate, Conflag, CB, Inc spam>refresh Imm, Conflag & CB on CD, Imm top priority. My assumptions on what I should be capable of stem from research on what other warlocks in raiding guilds have done, even before ToC was an available instance. please help . US/Draka/alliance/Mprodigy for armory details. ....Steve

Yes, your dps could be much higher.
    Yes, your gear and gemming is, at least in most cases, fine.
    And Yes, low fps can effect your dps. This is mainly because it will be much more difficult to get the right spell placement as you lose time to the low fps. However - knowing when to push which button and a good cooldown control can reduce that effect.

Maybe my guide helps a little:
    http://www.tankspot.com/forums/f177/...playstyle.html

Beside I fund a really nice youtube video about dps and spell placement just after I wrote my own textwall which I would highly suggest you to watch:
    YouTube - How To Do Top DPS in WoW

My dps always drops on the bigger raids, too. This is mainly due the the fact that I have to move a lot.

In bigger raids you got a massive dps gain through buffs. Your dps should not drop at all unless you got a really movement heavy encounter.

I don't suffer a dps loss too much from movement. I only move when i have to..and try to do so when blowing conflag.. if I have to move i throw corruption up to mitigate some dps loss.. outside of that i use my "A" and "D" keys while casting with my mouse to turn my toon in the direction he needs to be. i just really suffer from proper management of my CD's when operating at 8-10 fps. I just am not sure how much of a dps loss it is in comparison to what i may be doing wrong. I did manage to top 7020 dps on a test dummy though.. but i get high fps in low population areas ( IF, SW.) I check out wowwebstats.com though and see top geared toons doing 8k on boss fights.. and i am at 6k without best in slot gear.. am i really that far off?

+ Reply to Thread