+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Chill of the Throne and DR

Chill of the Throne and DR

Quick question: How does Chill of the Throne affect diminishing returns to dodge?

What i mean is, if I had 23% chance to dodge, would I have the same chance to dodge in ICC as if I had 3% chance to dodge elsewhere, or less?

Thanks,

-Failer

Avoidance DR is fully calculated before the -20% penalty is added, meaning if you're parry heavy outside ICC, you're parry heavy inside ICC and vice versa.

Try using the search feature, this has been asked and answered many times over.

To be fair, the search results for chill of the throne do not make this answer very obvious at all.
    Got a question? Try here: Evil Empire Guides and here: Tankspot Guides and Articles Library first!

Quote Originally Posted by k3rr1g0r View Post
    Quick question: How does Chill of the Throne affect diminishing returns to dodge?

What i mean is, if I had 23% chance to dodge, would I have the same chance to dodge in ICC as if I had 3% chance to dodge elsewhere, or less?

Thanks,

-Failer
    Quick Answer: It doesn't.
    Long Answer: When comparing avoidance stats, ignore Chill of the Throne.

Synapse is correct. Just take your fully-calculated character sheet dodge value, and subtract 20.

Wow. I just went back to your Diminishing Returns - Avoidance post and read your answer to this question. (I swear that line wasn't there last time I read it.) Then I read post #86 and realized that since the avoidance shown in the character sheet is actually after DR, my question is unimportant.

A somewhat related question that I will throw in here...

I have seen several calculations of avoidance that seem to go: Avoidance% = dodge% + parry% + miss%

Is this actually what people are doing or am i misinterpreting?

Quote Originally Posted by k3rr1g0r View Post
    A somewhat related question that I will throw in here...

I have seen several calculations of avoidance that seem to go: Avoidance% = dodge% + parry% + miss%

Is this actually what people are doing or am i misinterpreting?

That is right. If the boss misses you then you have avoided the attack, even if you didn't actively dodge or parry the blow.

Due to the way the combat table works, adding those avoidance values is how you find out your total avoidance, yes.
    Another good read:
    http://www.wowwiki.com/Attack_table
    Last edited by Taio; 01-16-2010 at 07:12 PM. Reason: wowwiki link

Interesting and helpful. Thanks

+ Reply to Thread