+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Beginner DK, help please

Beginner DK, help please

Hello everyone.

My ig name is Murp and I'm from the Moon Guard (RP-Normal) server. I've been playing WoW for an extremely long time with many on and off moments so it's not like I'm completely new. I've just never tanked before. Especially not with a DK.

I realize I'm only level 60 but I would still like help. I've specced Frost DW (even though I have no 2 blades as of this post) and I plan on tanking my way through outland for practice and fun. I've read up a bit on DK tanking, including that really long post (I forget the name of the author or the name of the post). It was basically a bible on DK tanking.

BASICALLY my problem is as such. I can't hold agro against toons that are 3 levels lower then me in vanilla instances, so what hope do I have in outland against other DK's?

What I WANT to do is run into a group use Icy Touch, Plague Strike, Pestilence and two Blood Strikes to open. Then after that just keep using Howling Blast (glyphed) Plague Strike and pestilence to keep the dots up, together with Frost Strike whenever I have the Runic Power. However when I try to do this I lose agro incredibly fast and am resorted to running around like a headless chicken trying to pick up all the mobs.

Therefore I have to resort to opening with Death and Decay, which I believe I read, is not too good to use as a frost DK tank.

Could someone please help me with my little problem? Thank you kindly.

Link to my talent spec:
    The World of Warcraft Armory

Best opening move for a Frost Tank on a multiple spawn mob is to try to hit them all with Death & Decay, then Howling Blast, then Blood Boil. This is regardless of whether or not you have the Glyph for Howling Blast, which off-hand I can think of no Frost Tanks that use it.

One thing to keep in mind is that DKs don't really "mature" until about level 70 or later.

Get Glyph of Frost Strike, it will allow you to Frost Strike more often.
    Which is going to be your biggest Runic Power dump until you get Rune Strike, and even then it will be your Runic Power dump when Rune Strike isn't up.

Here The World of Warcraft Armory is my spec and glyphs.

Obliterate and Frost Strike will be your two biggest sources of Threat until you get Rune Strike. And even then they will still be a major part of your rotation.

+ Reply to Thread