+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Rankwatch, shocking eyeopener.

Oh, of course. That glitch doesn't just start happening at 80. I disagree with the "mostly" tag, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Liongale View Post
    Someone used this on my alt healer, noticed each of my heals was 1 rank lower than they should have been- including my water shield. I was wondering why I was having such a difficult time- even asking my shaman friends for advice! After that was all fixed up, things became a lot easier, and now I use this to help others also. Main spec was fine, but that offspec never updated since I got dual spec...
    Yep, caught me on my alt's 2nd spec, as well. Yay for dual-spec not updating correctly!

Would be nice if Blizzard fixed the dual-spec behavior before Cataclysm, though. The castbar information is stored anyway, so it's certainly doable.

I'm finding it's catching healers doing Ressurects a lot. I'd imagine that's a case of people not training the ability, figuring that the difference between someone coming back with 800 an 1000 hp isn't a big enough difference to pay for.

Quote Originally Posted by Reev View Post
    I'm finding it's catching healers doing Ressurects a lot. I'd imagine that's a case of people not training the ability, figuring that the difference between someone coming back with 800 an 1000 hp isn't a big enough difference to pay for.
    Or like me, have it macro'd in, and the macro doesn't update correctly. Even though the macro does not have the rank included in there, it still gets stuck until you edit it to force an update. Yay caching!

Quote Originally Posted by Libicocco View Post
    At level 80, sure. I'll go with that.

In the late 60s and 70s, which is what I was talking about? No, or more appropriately "not in my experience." Which, unless you have some kind of non-specious statistics that show otherwise, will be what I go by.
    Does "not in my experience" count as a non-specious statistic?

Of course not, lol. I doubt you can get much further than agree to disagree here. Statistical proof would be a lot of work, and you wouldn't really advance the knowledge of the player base very much.

After hitting level 70 on my mage alt, I'm finding a lot lot more people with lower than max-rank abilities, which I'm attributing to having abilities train at single level increments instead of double now. I think people tend not to want to go all the way back to a capital city every single time they level. Either way, I keep having to tell my addon to shut up in this level range, which is becoming annoying to me.

Turns out I was using a rank 1 Horn of Winter for ages.

Quote Originally Posted by Reev View Post
    After hitting level 70 on my mage alt, I'm finding a lot lot more people with lower than max-rank abilities, which I'm attributing to having abilities train at single level increments instead of double now. I think people tend not to want to go all the way back to a capital city every single time they level. Either way, I keep having to tell my addon to shut up in this level range, which is becoming annoying to me.
    You can setup the addon to only watch level 80 characters.

Yeah, I'll probably do that.

Quote Originally Posted by orcstar View Post
    Alt A casts downranked spell.
    Alt A gets whispered by 20 raid members including himself.

win :P

(or DC)
    The addon reports the downranked spell, and says, I was going to tell x player but other person in your group / raid already did.

My personal Gems

80 DK in ICC using Rank 1 Scourge Strike, Rank 2 Death Strike
    A Hunter in HoS with every ability 2 ranks out of date.
    A Tree using Rank 1 Wild Growth and Rank II Lifebloom

Yes this addon saved my hunter. I couldn't figure out why her MM DPS was so low, but survival was about where the DPS sheets said it should by until I ran a raid with someone with this addon. >< LOLOLolol

+ Reply to Thread