+ Reply to Thread

Thread: tanking treat for the new patch

tanking treat for the new patch

since the new patch i have been having problems with threat now i have been told that a few pallys have been using dps weapons and others stacking SP enchants and also been told that stacking stam gems is no longer what 2 do but 2 stack parry+stam wondering if some 1 could tell me how they have delt with this problem

BTW this is my armory if u wana look The World of Warcraft Armory

Nothing changed on paladin threat generation with this patch.
    Gearing also did not change. Anyone saying "stack sp" or "stack parry over dodge" is plain wrong. If you search the boards, you'll plenty of reasons why.

Make sure you are doing the 969 properly, make sure the mobs are in front of you, make sure you have righteous fury on.

well yeah thats what i thort i just get confused on my pally caz my main is a rogue but i have the main machainics down just get so confused with pplz telling me all this different stuff

"Tanking treat" got my hopes up that there was a new trick or gimmick to play with.

If you're having issues with threat, it could be because of different factors. Either your gear score is too low for the level of what ever dungeon, or raid you're doing.

You could also have dps who do not hold the concept of aggro, and tend to dps even when they're threat is ready to surpass yours. The other problem could be your rotation, and your rotation does change with different scenarios. (Big groups, single targets, big spell caster group, etc.)

Depending on these situations, you will have to do things different. Other than that I'd say that you should stick with stam stacking, put parry + stam in just for meta activation, and go from there.

Quote Originally Posted by Frostglaive View Post
    If you're having issues with threat, it could be because of different factors. Either your gear score is too low for the level of what ever dungeon, or raid you're doing.

You could also have dps who do not hold the concept of aggro, and tend to dps even when they're threat is ready to surpass yours. The other problem could be your rotation, and your rotation does change with different scenarios. (Big groups, single targets, big spell caster group, etc.)

Depending on these situations, you will have to do things different. Other than that I'd say that you should stick with stam stacking, put parry + stam in just for meta activation, and go from there.
    Unless he has obscene values of dodge, he's probably better off with agi/stam or dodge/stam on that token red slot

Quote Originally Posted by Jtree View Post
    "Tanking treat" got my hopes up that there was a new trick or gimmick to play with.
    yeah sorry bout that and i dont have heaps of problem with threat its just getting worse but i do think is is alot 2 do with stupid but when saying that what is the trick for casters that r split in 2 spots u cant get 2 both and its in an area u cant LoS im new 2 tanking my gear score is just over 5k so im not crap geared but its hard agaist pplz that just dps the shit out of stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Jtree View Post
    yeah sorry bout that im not a good speller

And i dont have heaps of problem with threat its just getting worse but i do think is is alot 2 do with stupid but when saying that what is the trick for casters that r split in 2 spots u cant get 2 both and its in an area u cant LoS im new 2 tanking my gear score is just over 5k so im not crap geared but its hard agaist pplz that just dps the shit out of stuff and doing like 18-20k dps

Generally I say "kill this one first", run to this one and avenger shield the "other one". More than that and you start using other tricks: Arcane Torrent, Line of Sight pulls, HoR one, Exorcism the other, AS the third and judge the fourth...

+ Reply to Thread