+ Reply to Thread

Thread: DK Tank Gearing for Naxx

DK Tank Gearing for Naxx

So Ive got a DK that just hit 80, and im trying to get him into naxx somewhat soon, so ive begun gearing. Heres my armory link The World of Warcraft Armory

AN IMPORTANT NOTE:
    I havent enchanted, slotted, or enscripted all of my armor, just in case i get an upgrade (i dont want to go wasting money!). I also am specced for 2h tanking (But im willing to change). Normally i use [TITANSTEEL DESTROYER] as my tanking wep, but for some reason a 1h that i have ([PEACEKEEPER BLADE]) is equiped.

So what should i go for to get geared to tank naxx as cheaply/easily as possible?

Just a few nitpicks.

Your Shoulders and Chest are good enough to put Enchants on.
    Why isn't your weapon runed? Runes are Free.

Get cheap gems for your sockets, using "green" quality gems at the very least.

As long as you are Defense Capped you should do fine for Naxx-10 and maybe Naxx-25.

This whole mentality that is going around of I'm not going to Enchant/Socket gear because I plan on replacing it "soon" is just very annoying to me.

Personally if I'm running a PUG raid, unless it is someone that I know and know the reason why they aren't enchanted/gemmed up, they are getting the boot from the raid.
    To me, not having enchants or gems, shows that you don't care about your gear, and want to leech off of others to get gear.

Sorry for the rant, just a pet peeve.

The only reason i dont have all of them gemmed is because im on a mediocre budjet didnt want to get crappy gems because i didnt think you could replace socketed gems. Can you replace socketed gems?
    Last edited by scallaway12; 01-09-2010 at 06:21 AM.

Also, that isnt my tanking weapon. For some odd reason that is equipped on my armory page, but i use [Titansteel Destroyer], and it is Runed

heres a link to the weapon itself: http://thottbot.com/i41257
    Last edited by scallaway12; 01-09-2010 at 06:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by scallaway12 View Post
    The only reason i dont have all of them gemmed is because im on a mediocre budjet didnt want to get crappy gems because i didnt think you could replace socketed gems. Can you replace socketed gems?
    You can replace gems over and over, just you lose the old gem.

I know the stats on the Destroyer and it is makes for a nice starter weapon.

I was commenting on the Peacekeeper because if you have plenty of Defense two of those actually make for a start on a DW tank set.

You think i should go out of my way to get Rimefang's Claw + Peacekeeper to replace Titansteel Destroyer and go DW tank or is it not worth it?

Waste money?

It's not a waste of money to put gems
    The blue gems (+24stam) are cheap, go for it.

You think i should go out of my way to get Rimefang's Claw + Peacekeeper to replace Titansteel Destroyer and go DW tank or is it not worth it?
    2H or DW tanking is a personal preference.

I switched to DW tanking because I was bored and I had two Rimefang's Claw - Item - World of Warcraft, one of which has been replaced by Burnished Quel'Serrar - Item - World of Warcraft. Which funny enough have been the only weapons I have gotten since the patch.

I have yet to get a 2H weapon drop better than Edge of Ruin - Item - World of Warcraft (my dps weapon) or Inevitable Defeat - Item - World of Warcraft (my 2H tanking weapon).

Quote Originally Posted by Machoen View Post
    It's not a waste of money to put gems
    The blue gems (+24stam) are cheap, go for it.
    Quite right, at least on my server.
    Some idiots sell it for 4g sometimes which is silly since you can vendor them for more... on top that the idiots put them in the AH for 48 hours

On average you can get the 24 Stam gems for 10-30g I would say depending on the market.

what pieces should i plan on replacing before going to Naxx? Headslot, Neckslot, and both Ringslots? I also want to get another [Peacekeeper Blade] and switch from Frost 2h to Frost DW and stop using my [Titansteel Destroyer].

Then i have to think about what enchants/gems/armor packs i need to put on my gear.

armory link: The World of Warcraft Armory

Gem and enchant your stuff. You'll be able to do randoms looking like crap, but a raid will boot you for laziness :P

im trying to get him into naxx somewhat soon

You can skip uld and naxx by just running heroics and gearing up through the triumph badges, whatever equipment you can't get on triumph you can find on conquest or lower by trading your emblems down. TOC and HTOC should round out your gear (esp weapons). I think naxx is a remarkable waste of time at this point. By the time a couple weeks have gone by you could be tanking TOC10 no problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Hatchetman240 View Post
    You can skip uld and naxx by just running heroics and gearing up through the triumph badges, whatever equipment you can't get on triumph you can find on conquest or lower by trading your emblems down. TOC and HTOC should round out your gear (esp weapons). I think naxx is a remarkable waste of time at this point. By the time a couple weeks have gone by you could be tanking TOC10 no problem.
    Naxx is a good place for people to Learn to Raid for ICC.
    ToC is not a raid, it is boss fights, doesn't teach DPS how to not pull aggro on trash fights.
    Ulduar doesn't have enough trash.

Plus You need to kill Sapph to get the EoE key, unless they have changed that.

You need the EoE key for something relevant?

Quote Originally Posted by Hatchetman240 View Post
    You need the EoE key for something relevant?
    Kill Maly is one of the weekly objectives.
    So if you are one of those people that host raids it is very relevant.

+ Reply to Thread