+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Low dps for my gear

Low dps for my gear

Last night on The Deathbringer 10 man my sole resposibility was to dps the boss. I only got 4.6k dps. My rogue mate was near 7k. I was so dissapointed. Our raid comp: Prot Warrior, Prot Pally, Hunter, 2 x locks, rogue, Holy Pally, S.Priest, Holly Priest, and Fury Warrior.

I recently changed to fury after finally gaining some decent weapons. I have read a lot about fury gear, fury rotations etc and thought I would be able to get more.

Here is my armoury: The World of Warcraft Armory

I am currently slightly over expertise cap. I am way over hit cap, so maybe moving points our of precision? But how much can this help? I have got my armour pen to as close to 52% as possible for soft cap.

My latency is 600. Would this make much difference?

I don't have a log for our 10 man but here is a log of our 25 man (we aren't a progression guild by any stretch of the imagination): World of Logs - Real Time Raid Analysis

Questions:

1. Can any one tell me any thing obvious that I am missing?
    2. What do you think the dps I should be getting for this boss?

From what I can see, you have LOTS of ArP. Unless you are going arms, I suggest trying to get more gems for strength and some crit. With that 10% physical loss, you'll need lots of strength to make up for the DPS.

YouTube - How to Play a Fury Warrior <- Here's a nice video, go over it and see if this helps any. Also, some Fury warriors I know who do about 7k have set up their talents by taking out Precision since they actually are over hit capped with gear alone, and put it into Unbridled Wrath all the way, and even some in Enrage because from what I heard, some bosses actually do hit you with some damaging moves if when on a tank, giving you a slight damage increase for a short period of time.

Also even though this shouldn't happen, if you got a blood beast on you that might trigger the effect, and there's the dps boost.

Usually poor dps on a fury warrior is mostly due to missing procs. Do you have an addon to provide Bloodsurge proc notifications? Ideally use something like MSBT that can give a sound notification so that you immediately know to slam without looking. Other then that min/max ur gear and follow the recommended fury rotation. I can't see your gear because you are in PvP stuff right now

Quote Originally Posted by Squirrelnut View Post
    Usually poor dps on a fury warrior is mostly due to missing procs. Do you have an addon to provide Bloodsurge proc notifications? Ideally use something like MSBT that can give a sound notification so that you immediately know to slam without looking. Other then that min/max ur gear and follow the recommended fury rotation. I can't see your gear because you are in PvP stuff right now
    Another one you can use is Scrolling Combat Text, which generally does the same thing but requires you to actually set it up. In the video I placed it tells you how to do this, and if you do it right you can set up any sound file you want in the WoW folder, and make that play when something procs.

your heroic strike usage is like 13%. Thats a big problem, it should be around 26% or more

i use wowmeters instead of wowlogs. thus the fight time may be different. but if assume both are same, then your rotation at Deathbringer Saurfang 25N try 2 (6:57) is not right. for almost 7 min, your BT is only 34. your expected bt for that fight is 7 * 60 / 4 = 105.

34 / 105 = 33%

however, even the best fury warrior currently can only do 90%, thus their expected BT is 105 * 0.9 = 94

also, use heroic throw when your ww, bt and slam are on CD.

Quote Originally Posted by orgg View Post
    i use wowmeters instead of wowlogs. thus the fight time may be different. but if assume both are same, then your rotation at Deathbringer Saurfang 25N try 2 (6:57) is not right. for almost 7 min, your BT is only 34. your expected bt for that fight is 7 * 60 / 4 = 105.

34 / 105 = 33%

however, even the best fury warrior currently can only do 90%, thus their expected BT is 105 * 0.9 = 94

also, use heroic throw when your ww, bt and slam are on CD.
    I did 34 hits and 36 crits = 70 blood thirsts.

But by your calculation I should have done 94, so there is something I can work on for sure.

I accidentally logged out in PVP. I have now logged out in PVE. Sorry for those that checked out my armoury. PLEASE DO SO NOW

I'd be interested to see what people think of my gemming of armour pen. Should I straight out swap to strength?

Also I never use heroic throw as I thought it reset the swing timer. Should I?

Oh, one more thing. I use power aura classic. It glows yellow when instant slam is available and glows red when i have over 50 rage.

+ Reply to Thread