+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Fury Warrior Advice

Fury Warrior Advice

I've been playing for a few years. Have been doing well. Recently I've been hitting bosses for no more than 5k. With my gear I was expecting to be hitting for more. I know my hit rating is higher than it should be with precision. Should I keep the T9 set? I have all five pieces of it, but I did get a new ilvl 164 chest piece. Also needs the powerful stats enchant. Is 5k what I should expect on single boss fights? Appreciate any suggestions. The World of Warcraft Armory

I can't check the armory right now but I do have a few questions. Are you hitting your slam! procs? Are you rage-starving yourself? Are you expertise capped? (26-26) Do you have 100% armor pen with a trinket proc?

If you are unsure about the Slam! procs, I recommend an audible slam! alert. Other than that, what is your standard rotation? Are you responsible for sunders? Is there a warrior tank? What kind of buffs are you getting?
    RNGesus - Saving you unreliably since BC.
    http://i689.photobucket.com/albums/v...ellvarsig3.jpg

Your general rotation for fury warriors should be BT, WW, Heroic strike, and slam definitely when it procs. I'd suggest getting Scrolling Combat Text which when set up, can allow it to flash across your screen when it procs, show an icon, and if you want it can make a sound.

Also, if you are over hit capped I'd suggest putting the points you have in precision and placing them else where. If you're rage starved, put it into Unbridled Wrath to cap it.

It may sound silly, but even putting it into Enrage in the Fury tree may help. One of our fury warriors does that, and ends up pushing out almost 6k, probably because the boss or lots of fights have some sort of damage that hits them.

Another thing to try and do is stack strength + crit when needed, best thing for a fury warrior.

The enrage talent should not be spec'd into. It should not proc off AoE damage, only direct attacks.... of which there are few encounters that meet this criteria. There is a thread about it in the Damage Per Second Discussion forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Frostglaive View Post
    Your general rotation for fury warriors should be BT, WW, Heroic strike, and slam definitely when it procs. I'd suggest getting Scrolling Combat Text which when set up, can allow it to flash across your screen when it procs, show an icon, and if you want it can make a sound.

Also, if you are over hit capped I'd suggest putting the points you have in precision and placing them else where. If you're rage starved, put it into Unbridled Wrath to cap it.

It may sound silly, but even putting it into Enrage in the Fury tree may help. One of our fury warriors does that, and ends up pushing out almost 6k, probably because the boss or lots of fights have some sort of damage that hits them.

Another thing to try and do is stack strength + crit when needed, best thing for a fury warrior.

So rawr is correct in telling me to put in Str. + Crit gems after the soft cap? Here's the situation I am in now. I am at 25 exp. Should I gem for the one point? What is a decent crit% to be at? I'm at 42.5 now

You cannot gem 1 point in Expertise, so I would gem strength.

Quote Originally Posted by MellvarTank View Post
    You cannot gem 1 point in Expertise, so I would gem strength.
    Yeah, it would be one of those gems 10 Exp 10 hit, but I didn't think it was worth adding hit when I could gem str.

+ Reply to Thread