+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hit/expertise

Hit/expertise

Some of my recent upgrades have made my hit and expertise pretty low and I would like to get some oppinions on whether this will be a big problem or not. It seems that ICC will have plenty of fights where tanks need to taunt the boss of eachother and missing taunts might be a bad thing. In the rare cases this has happened so far I just use deathgrip as a backup taunt so its usually not a great issue. I would though like to get the communitys thoughts on this.

I should say that I very seldom find threat to be a problem although some upgrades I got last night lowered my hit even further so that will have to be evaluated over the next few days. One solution to the possible missed taunt problem could be to change one of my glyphs to the Dark command one for that specific fight but which of my glyphs would you then recomend me swapping out?

Your profile wont load, how low are you talking? Expertise is as much a survival stat as a threat stat for Blood tanks. Do what you can to keep it +26.

Sorry had forgotten to change my profile since I changed name. You can look again now.

My hit is currectly 151 and expertise 15. I got some new loot late last night so I might need to change my gems around a bit for more expertise (frost tank btw, not blood) but thats how it is right now. I have a Keen Obsidian sword which I can use to get my expertise up but I just love the threat/dps increase from my Bryntroll axe.

I am a bit hesitant about how important it is to cap expertise for survival purposes. Some say its the most important thing there is and some say its not that big a deal.

Hit is more important for Frost tanks, Expertise is more important for Blood tanks.

Yeah well I guess the only way to find out if it will be a problem is to try it out for a while. I have never (well with the exception of some failed Sarth3D attempts long ago) had any problems with threat but missed taunts might be worse.

Hit you get from gear is fine. Your expertise must be at least 26 for tanking. This removes dodges off the hit table and makes a significant. You only need to worry about hit if doing hard modes and don't want to glyph for taunt.
    Last edited by Jaeden; 01-07-2010 at 11:28 AM. Reason: Hard modes, not heroics

Perhaps it's just RNG but I've noticed a high number of missed taunts on Saurfang, even with 350+ hit.

I think so. I've had no problems on Saurfang unless I lagged and the other tank got aggro back.

+ Reply to Thread