+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Struggling to Keep Up with Bear Tank's Threat

Struggling to Keep Up with Bear Tank's Threat

In Icecrown Citadel, I've been noticing that I'm having trouble keeping my threat up with the bear tank also in the raid.

When Icecrown Citadel was released, I was unable to tank for my raid, my account had been hacked, and in my absence, our bear druid lucked out and got a lot of gear.

Now, I'm back in the game but I haven't had any luck in the way of armor drops, but that's not the real issue.

Whenever I'm tanking with the druid, and a mechanic forces a swap (Stinky and Precious, Festergut, etc), I can never keep my aggro outside the duration of my taunt.

Here are the links:
    Mine:
    The World of Warcraft Armory

Druid Tank's:
    The World of Warcraft Armory

This is an easy one just pop VIG on the Druid

We don't normally throw Vigilance on another tank, but I've been thinking about it.

Tank swaps aren't a 'threat race'. If you don't have a DPS on the verge of pulling aggro off of one of you then this is just poor tanking in my opinion, no offense. If the other guy is supposed to take the mob for X stacks then it's part of a tanks job to let him have it until it's his turn to take it back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalken View Post
    "I'll let the dragon hit me in the face, you stab it in the ass."

Yeah, this is the other tanks fault, not yours. Sure, he can be a big badass and showoff his super threat, but all that does is jeopardize the raid.

Once you taunt on fights like that, he should be laying off a little to make sure you're getting threat.

You may have to change your spec to adjust to the Raid DPS or perhaps put Vigilance on the high DPS/Threat raid members. Normally for me this is on a hunter/boomkin, rogue or fury warrior it depends on their TPS. There is also a technique I recall reading somewhere on this forum which was Vigilance swapping where throughout a fight you will put vigilance on the person with the highest threat atm.

As a druid tank tanking with a DK if my dk taunts off me I can usually keep going my full rotation just not using maul and not pull back (in other words if I were to use maul I would pull agro back).

As a warrior tanking with a druid in my second raid group I can do my full rotation and never pull back (although rage is much more of an issue and unless I have a debuff feeding me rage I can never heroic strike)

But what people are saying is basically true, if your offtank wants to keep DPSing after you taunt, tell him to go cat until he has to tank back. IT IS EXTREMLY BAD tanking to pull back off someone after they taunt because most taunts are for a reason (see: letting debuffs reset)

+ Reply to Thread