+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Healers are calling me Papper tank?

Healers are calling me Papper tank?

Hi there again.

Me and my guild did ICC and tried out the new encounters.
    At the end of the run healers complained that I was a Papper tank. They didn't say at what boss but as my other tank as a dk I'm confused why they said that.

I've some gear that I can switch out to get more avoidance but then they complain on my hp. They actually said I should gem for avoidance instead of having stamina gems on all my gear, which I think is kinda strange as no tank I've ever seen or any of the guides here advocate.

My armory
    The dk's armory

I've some trinkets and rings in backpack also:
    Ashen Band of Greater Courage
    Glyph of Indomitability
    Abomination's Bloody Ring
    I also won Bonebreaker Scepter

I have 47 EoF and thinking on getting cloak or belt as they are the most upgrade/cost.

Thanks for any help

Yeah the belt would be a massive upgrade. Look into the shield wall glyph instead of Devastate. Armour to cloak, Stam to Shield and yo gloves.

If you have Saronite Plated Legguards you could probably use them as well.
    I has a top hat.

Hmm.. having the Health is fine, but if you haven't got the mitigation to make it useful, you might aswell not have it. On my DK, I sacrifice high stamina for my mitigation stats, I find that healers prefer me taking less damage, then me having alot of health to take the damage with.

The best form of health is avoiding the blow completely. Which is what I do.

Quote Originally Posted by Panttz View Post
    Yeah the belt would be a massive upgrade. Look into the shield wall glyph instead of Devastate. Armour to cloak, Stam to Shield and yo gloves.
    Well I like having the devistate glyph as it help me tank both trash and lets me skip revenge and be more aware of my surroundings. If I put stamina to gloves and shield I'll lose 10 parry and 20 defence rating just to gain 378hp.

If I keep my glyph I can also take 2 points out of revenge and put them into improved disipline? I can do both om them but I'd lose 20% damge on revenge.
    But then my shield wall will only reduce damage by 40% every 2 min. Which I could spam more I guess.

What the hell does Papper mean?

Quote Originally Posted by vine View Post
    I believe its meant to be "Paper" I.e. Squishly and flimsey.

Quote Originally Posted by Charonites View Post
    The best form of health is avoiding the blow completely. Which is what I do.
    Actually having a higher health pool is nearly always more effective that avoidance, but you are right in the sense that you can not sacrifce all your avoidance for health or vice versa.

Quote Originally Posted by Serrated View Post
    I believe its meant to be "Paper" I.e. Squishly and flimsey.
    Hmm he misspelled it twice then. I thought perhaps it was a regional colloquialism.

It seems more and more these days that healers complain and whine a lot, if they actually have to work or play their toon. Like the PuGs of LFG, they want easy runs which means a tank that can fend for him/herself. It's kind of a sad statement on society in general i.e. people don't want to work at things, just hit the lotto.

Quote Originally Posted by Rinsage View Post
    I'd lose 20% damge on revenge.
    On my warrior, my top three damaging moves are usually Shield Slam, Heroic Strike, and Devastate. I usually see something similar from other warrior tanks.

I don't think losing some damage from revenge will hurt you much.

Quote Originally Posted by vine View Post
    It's supposed to be Paper. You spell it with two "p" in my native language.

Quote Originally Posted by Theotherone View Post
    It seems more and more these days that healers complain and whine a lot, if they actually have to work or play their toon. Like the PuGs of LFG, they want easy runs which means a tank that can fend for him/herself. It's kind of a sad statement on society in general i.e. people don't want to work at things, just hit the lotto.
    That might be the case but as they complained on me, not the dk tank. I find this strange as I've seen threads statind dk's should take more damage. I'll get a combat log addon that records and make us two tank the same boss once or twice to see if it's just bad luck/healer slacking on me or that they are wrong.

One addon I've been looking on is:
    WowCardioRaid

Any other suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by Bashal View Post
    On my warrior, my top three damaging moves are usually Shield Slam, Heroic Strike, and Devastate. I usually see something similar from other warrior tanks.

I don't think losing some damage from revenge will hurt you much.
    Will activate recount next boss fight and see how much each ability does. Need to find out what ability does how much threat according to the damage caused...

Shield slam is 7k threat, next is devastate, then revenge. Heroic strike is your damage, basically a stable threat generator although low.
    RNGesus - Saving you unreliably since BC.
    http://i689.photobucket.com/albums/v...ellvarsig3.jpg

+ Reply to Thread