Thread: Rotface 10 man soft enrage troubles

Rotface 10 man soft enrage troubles

It doesn't seem to be mentioned however the trouble we were having was at around roughly 30% he starts to cast mutating injection A LOT faster. We were unable to determine whether this was a faster CD or spawning two at a time. We were also unable to determine if this was percentage based or time based. I have a feeling it was at 35% But in the tankspot video he only seems to cast multiple injections for the last 10secs of the fight or so. Does anyone have any more concrete info on this?

This essentially caused our priest to be full-time dispelling and bubbling with no GCD's spare for anything else.

How are you guys handling this soft enrage? Is it time based or is it percentage based? We were saving heroism/bloodlust for the end thinking that it was percentage based and not time based.

Essentially it is unmanageable at the end due to too many adds being up our best attempt was about 4% and there were 4 - 5 big oozes running around.

What are others experiencing?

Also one more question, are you running with two or three healers?

Dont dispell them as fast. Its easier to heal through the damage then to have your healers spam dispell them. Just keep going, dispell 2 at first then have a dedicated dispeller and communicate when the person with the injection is ready to be dispelled

My guild was having the same issues with being overwhelmed around 30%. Our strat was to continue doing what you have done the entire fight: still combine the small oozes, still kite the big oozes. We had 3 big oozes when we managed to kill him. People have to realize that the end is going to be hectic and they need to focus on combining those oozes. Also a bug was fixed today so that 2 big oozes should be able to combine into one; should help out.

Save hero for 30% and get ready to nuke him down while still combining and kiting adds. If done correctly you should be able to get him down.

Good luck, and have fun with putricide!

Still the question that he brings up that Im very curious about is if the rate of infection is based on HP% or a timer. Does anyone know?

It's unclear.

In other news, they're nerfing his health by 15% on ten man. So it's not as problematic.

Quote Originally Posted by felhoof View Post
    It's unclear.

In other news, they're nerfing his health by 15% on ten man. So it's not as problematic.
    This is confirmed?

EDIT: Apparently.
    Last edited by Liquidska; 01-07-2010 at 09:56 PM.

Yes, it is based on health. Around 5% he was infecting 5-6 people at once which I'm sure made it impossible for lesser geared guilds to finish him off.

I don't believe it's health-based. Take a look at a few random logs and you'll pick up a pattern, regardless of the raid's DPS.

He's got five timers for Mutated Infection, 14, 12, 10, 8 and 6 seconds. The raid will get four applications at each timer, then 6-second intervals until dead. (I have noticed that there seems to be a delay in applications 4 and 8, however.)

Links to triggers on Wowhead:
    14-second trigger
    12-second trigger
    10-second trigger
    8-second trigger
    6-second trigger

Also note the description in this blue post: "The previous iteration of Rotface in 10 player difficulty used (and still uses) the same timer as the 25 player difficulty version when dispersing its Mutated Infection ability."

Quote Originally Posted by Kinch View Post
    I don't believe it's health-based. Take a look at a few random logs and you'll pick up a pattern, regardless of the raid's DPS.

He's got five timers for Mutated Infection, 14, 12, 10, 8 and 6 seconds. The raid will get four applications at each timer, then 6-second intervals until dead. (I have noticed that there seems to be a delay in applications 4 and 8, however.)

Links to triggers on Wowhead:
    14-second trigger
    12-second trigger
    10-second trigger
    8-second trigger
    6-second trigger

Also note the description in this blue post: "The previous iteration of Rotface in 10 player difficulty used (and still uses) the same timer as the 25 player difficulty version when dispersing its Mutated Infection ability."
    Ok.. this was helpful. Our 10 man was seeing insane trigger rates late in the fight. We got him down to 300k on our best try and I'm sure we can get him dead with a couple more attempts.

Sooo.. can anyone confirm whether the trigger timer starts after the dispel of the previous infection? OR is it x seconds from the Start of the previous infection?

If it starts after the dispel then we just need to delay the dispel a few seconds longer for each person to win... if it starts at the beginning of the previous infection, then we need our dps to step it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Lanore View Post
    can anyone confirm whether the trigger timer starts after the dispel of the previous infection? OR is it x seconds from the Start of the previous infection?
    I was on dispell duty last night, and it looked to me like x seconds from the start of the previous infection.

All of these #s are post nerf.

Best attempt we got him to with 3 healers was 700k, and then things got a little overwhelming.

After switching to 2 healers, we had an attempt where we got him to 200k. A tweak in our strategy that ended up with us downing him was, when he had about 700k health left, I told the raid to stop running out and just burn the hell outta him. Worked pretty well, downed him last night in 10man =).

Quote Originally Posted by Giliandrix View Post
    A tweak in our strategy that ended up with us downing him was, when he had about 700k health left, I told the raid to stop running out and just burn the hell outta him. Worked pretty well, downed him last night in 10man =).
    This was the next thing I was going to try for our 10 man. I am glad to see it worked for someone else before I made the change.

Thanks for posting!

Quote Originally Posted by Lanore View Post
    Sooo.. can anyone confirm whether the trigger timer starts after the dispel of the previous infection? OR is it x seconds from the Start of the previous infection?
    The latter. Dispelling does not affect the timer.