Thread: OS+3D been nerfed or dreamer grp?

OS+3D been nerfed or dreamer grp?

Been levelling my druid tank and sort of out of VOA/OS raid circles for a month.

Got on my baby pally on Cairne and OS was the weekly and when I got in group there were a number that wanted to do 3D and I was like ohhh crap I only have 34KHP unbuffed. Look at the other tank and he has 29K unbuffed and he wanted dibbs on being MT and only the rogue cast doubt they could do it.

Anyhow the instance servers spat it and by time we got in we were down to 8 (1 healer) and so it was decided to just get it done no drakes. To explain how bad they are I will take you thru the first pull.

I pulled one pack and 2 of the big guys together and a couple of dps moaned in chat and a couple even headed for door and so me the druid healer and the rogue standing there wondering what all the fuss is about. After prob 15 sec they obviously worked out I wasnt going to die and all made there way back over. First packs down OT is asking can I not use consecrate as he can't get threat on anything it keeps getting ripped off him ... had to explain no I like my healer alive!!!!.

Anyhow clears went along and we setup and start boss. Couple of adds spawn the OT grabs one and goes off to side healer getting pounded on by other so I RD them off him. Goes on more spawn OT still got his one add over to side I now have like 7-10 adds some huge ones where people got hit by the wall. Sarth dies we loot. I thought wow that went on for some time so look up at DPS meters the rogue is at 5K a couple at 3K and the rest in low 2K's below my dps.

What stunned me was that this 6 of 8 in group thought they could do OS+3D. So have they nerfed OS+3D or was Cairne even more nub today than it is usually.
    ** Remember Warcraft players fail in directions you never thought possible.

It isn't that he was nerfed. Now that we overgear him by quite a bit, the idea is you can zerg him faster than the dragons land. Remember that Sarth got buffed by the dragons in various ways including persistant auras and buffs from when they die. By DPS'ing him down fast enough, all you have to worry about is the persistent auras for the first dragon being up and the Enrage. If you can survive the enrage and DPS quickly, the other two dragons don't come into play and he can be taken down before he becomes dangerous to the tank.

29k HP unbuffed on a tank is already in the higher echelons of the gear tier that fight was balanced for.
    The encounter didn't get nerfed. Your gear improved your skill.

that's why you don't get mounts for Naxx achievements anymore.

SIMON DE MONTFORT, EARL OF LEICESTER
    pioneer of representative government who was
    killed in the Battle of Evesham on 4 August 1265.

Also the DPS numbers. Back then 2k was about average for a 10 man raid. Good players would hit 3k and I don't believe you'd ever see someone doing 4k (they existed, but were incredibly rare).

It's a little jarring sometimes to see just how much things have changed since launch huh?

DPS meters the rogue is at 5K a couple at 3K and the rest in low 2K's below my dps.
    tbh i do not believe this. Zerg with 8 people and that dps is impossible.

Quote Originally Posted by Prinnyraid View Post
    tbh i do not believe this. Zerg with 8 people and that dps is impossible.
    They did it with 8 people and no drakes.
    Anyhow the instance servers spat it and by time we got in we were down to 8 (1 healer) and so it was decided to just get it done no drakes.
    "Upon an order we plead, with the lure of a song, a sacred song, to the moon and the stars. An illusionary light is here placed."

It is easy enough to do really if you have a confident and capable tank. DK's are the worst at tanking it though imo, it's not a hard fight by any means so long as your healer is good and your DPS burns like mad.

The measure of a life is the measure of love and respect. So hard to earn, so easily burned - Neil Peart

All the DPS in the raid will need to do at least 5k for a zerg. If a couple pull somewhere around 8k, it obviously gives a little leeway, but not much. That group would have been nowhere near ready to do it. It's not surprising that a PUG wants to do more than it can though.

I'll never forget the PUG ulduars when it first came out. We'd get to XT and people would be like "so, should we do hardmode?" and I responded, "If you can activate hardmode, we'll do it" No one ever did.