+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Deathknight trama

Deathknight trama

OK ... here it goes,

I am a level 80 Tauren Death Knight (Don't ask why Tauren) and I took a large break away from WoW and have come back to be ... quite frank puzzled. Of course by this time specs have changed and I could not possibly use my old one. I asked around to different DK's on my server, wo happen to be in "hard core" guilds and I get a different answer each time. Frost... I hear .... Blood I hear ... Unholy ... I hear. I'm just getting to the point where I don't know what spec I should do and why am I not doing DPS like I use too...

Here is a link to my armory The World of Warcraft Armory

Right now I am Duel wield Frost but I'm willing to change anything to get my DPS up for my 10 man ICC group.

I hope someone out there can help me thanks.

Daz
    80|Death Knight|Bloodhoof|US

if you're looking for rotation help, there's a DPS guide Compendium that Krenian keeps up to date and you can ask him questions there.

If this is about your personal armory....

Moved to HALP! forum.

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

First off you need to decide what type of DPS you want to do.

Blood is very single target oriented.

Frost is Single or AoE oriented, but can be ineffective against certain foes, due to it being Frost damage which is ignored by some mobs (like Water Elementals). BTW to be Frost you don't need to be DW.

Unholy is supposed to be the current "Flavor of the Month" according to a DK in one of the smaller but high end raiding guilds on my server. That if given time to build up (like in a boss fight) can put out nasty damage.

Hope this helps a little, but truthfully any 3 specs can be good dps, just need to get a rotation and gear that works is all.

Well the first two things I noticed, were you had a tanking sigil and an unnecessary hit enchant on your gloves. Save yourself some badges and pick up the Sigil of Viruliance. It's from the triumph badge vendor. Also, switch the enchant on your gloves to 44AP. That should be a pretty decent start. Lastly, I'm not sure exactly how good ArP is for frost DK's. I was under the assumption that the majority of their damage was magical strikes not physical (except for obliterate?).

Frost DPS seems to be the DPS spec at the moment, with my Death Knight also using it.

I was Unholy before the 3.3.0 Patch, and my DPS has increased by almost 700 when I respecced to Frost. And my guild loves me for my DPS - though not as much as they love my Blood Tanking, but alas, that's what ya get for being a Tank.

Frost DPS is actually the lowest man on the totem pole now.

Yeah I just noticed I have that sigil on I have a DPS One that you said lol
    80|Death Knight|Bloodhoof|US

Well personally what I use is blood/unholy. Normally on boss fights i do blood for the single target aspect but when it comes to trash I go unholy since the diseases are rediculous.

Only reason I switch back and forth is because i have gotten so used to blood and still havent gotten the unholy single target down. But overall Unholy is definately the stronger spec. Ive seen a DK keep a consistant dps of 23k in 25man ICC. (Deathless on Dragonblight if anyone was wondering) and personally i hit 14-16k on trash in 25man, while on the boss i usually get like 8-9k dps. Learn the rotation tweak it to what you think works the best and stick with it.

If you have any questions on builds or anything id be happy to help. Shoot me a pm or just reply on here
    Last edited by Money88; 01-08-2010 at 09:36 AM.

+ Reply to Thread