+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Off-set Armor Models

Off-set Armor Models

Anyone notice that the offset tanking pieces (at least in WotLK) almost always resemble the warrior Tier set? In my opinion, it's sort of a shame, for although it's handy for warriors for those offset pieces to blend in seamlessly with their T10 gear, for paladins and death knights it's either get your T10 set or look like all the warriors.

That being said, if you could have your choice of models for the Icecrown offset pieces, what would you go with (we'll assume only recycled models, since otherwise the skies the limit). Personally, I really like the Tier 10 paladin armor, so I'd maybe go for that, although making it look like the old Grand Marshal set would be fun.

I never really noticed that since I am a warrior, however your right.

Ive always thought it would be cool to add more to our professions for style. For example Blacksmiths could create "skins" or "plating" that could cover your gear for a specific look. It could possibly be extended into Mount Armors as well.

The other professions could be included to help. Say Leather Workers provide the saddles, Tailors could make the cloth used in it, ect ect.
    There is something so appealing about backhanding someone across the face with a shield.

It *really* bugs me that both the DPS and Tank offsets are modeled after T10 warrior. IMO the DPS offset should be modeled after T10 DK, just like in Ulduar.

Naxx and Ulduar offsets largely resembled DK stuff. In fact the Naxx offset stuff was all reskins of the DK starter gear wasn't it?

ToC was all Warrior stuff though. The bottom line is that Pallies get no love ;-).

If I had to hazard a reason, Blizz probably thought that Pallies would look funny wearing DK-ish gear and found Warrior gear more 'neutral' for plate.

I find it odd none want the offspecc pieces to have their own look. Personally I'd want no doubles. Let the classes look different!
    My lack of proper signature actually is a proud minimalistic stand

Form over function. I say pass on anything that doesn't look "ova 9000".

I have a feeling that they will always keep the same "scheme" that they have now, as it makes the most sense. Maybe they would mix the DK and warrior armor up, but it wouldn't make any sense to have the plate healing offset pieces look like DK armor, so those will always be the paladin models.

At least the plate sets kinda go together. If you're a druid tank, you've had fancy looking tier armor and then crazy evil rogue offset pieces. Maybe pallies have some room to complain also, since generally their armor is pretty bright and glowy, while the warrior armor is generally more earthly.
    "Ultimately, making the blanket statement '25m content is harder, period' is at best an overstatement and at worst ignorant drivel." Garrek

I think I'd actually prefer it more if all the tier models had their own unique class look, and the offspec pieces had their own separate look to them, so there was no confusing one for the other and each class had a distinctive look... not like the tier 9 set, in which DK's, paladins, and warriors looked "almost" identical, with the paladins again (imo) having the slightly cooler looking set, with the white in it.

+ Reply to Thread