+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Best Tanking Trinket for Warriors

Best Tanking Trinket for Warriors

So Currently I have Eitrigg's Oath, and Glyph of Indomitability. What I want to know is what should a prot warrior really be looking for? I understand stamina is a wonderful thing to have, and trinkets such as Juggernaut's Vitality and Corroded Skeleton Key. The question I have currently is, with the trinkets I have now should I put in Purified Onyxia Blood Talisman?

And if I do put that one in, what should I replace. On top of that, besides stamina trinkets, is there any other trinkets I should look out for? Thanks!

You should get the black heart and use that and glyph of indominability. Basically avoidance is alright, but EHP is king. Eitrigg's Oath is pretty lackluster and unless it's a fight that requires a ton of avoidance or you are desperately under the defense minimum then there's no real reason to use the Ony trinkets.
    [Today 09:38 AM] Reev: The older I get, the more I think those Greek philosophers were just annoying hipsters.
    Twitter @Aggathon || @Tankspot || Twitch.Tv/Aggathon

Yes I understand that armor + health trinkets and ones that absorb damage are currently the best. I saw that Corroded Skeleton Key that is obtainable from frost badges, but the tier 10 warrior protection bonus is amazing, so I am unsure whether to save up and purchase my second piece of tier 10, or to get the key now.

I mean it has more stamina then the black heart, and when used it absorbs damage.

What I would do Frost is instead of getting the T10 or the trinket I would get the offset belt, cloak, chest and hands. Why those pieces are the better picks is that they bring in HUGE EH gains so much that the 2pc which is nice still isn't worth it and neither is the situational 4pc. Another reason is that these pieces will be BiS till heroic modes while the T10 pieces and the trinket will not be.

The trinket isn't really anything special, if you were to compare it to the Black Heart which if you factor in its proc is worth around 95 stamina and if you were to get Satrina's you would gain a very small upgrade. If you look at the trinket in ICC it isn't even BiS in normal modes, The Unidentifiable Organs is better for the majority of situations and the Sindragosa trinket is on par with it. The crafted leggings and boots are better picks as well.

I would get the T10 2pc bonus after I get the offset pieces and I would get it with the shoulders and helmet since they are the only 2 pieces that aren't downgrades to an emblem or crafted piece. The T10 4pc shown through math is no where close the survivability you could get with putting offset pieces on.

That being said the order which I would pick the pieces is very similar to Vene's

1. Belt

2. Cloak

3. Chest

4. Hands

5. T10 shoulders

6. T10 helmet

7. Crafted Legs

8. Crafted Boots

9. Trinket

Actually the T10 warrior bonuses are kind of lacking. The 4PC might be good for hardmodes if you need another cooldown. Stuff is hitting pretty hard already in normal mode, but not earthshatteringly hard for me. You might check out http://www.tankspot.com/forums/f97/5...ses-worth.html.

I'll probably pick up the T10 bonuses eventually, but not initially. If you don't have access to better trinkets then the skeleton key may be a good choice, but it's a so-so trinket all in all. Weak on use and otherwise just a stam filler, but like I said if you don't have access to much else it's a very good buy.
    [Today 09:38 AM] Reev: The older I get, the more I think those Greek philosophers were just annoying hipsters.
    Twitter @Aggathon || @Tankspot || Twitch.Tv/Aggathon

Alright so I'm slightly confused. If you look at my gear, I have The Ghoul Commanders Cuirass, and the t10 gloves. So the bonus isn't as great I suppose, but what else would I want to get? I have 40 frost badges, and currently I am trying to have decent trinkets with a good gear score as well.

Your armory link isn't working, but like the list above you can get the belt, the cloak, the chest and the gloves still offer huge upgrades. After that you can get the shoulder and helm that are T10 and the crafted pieces. Do not worry about gear score, it is an aboslutely horrid way to gear. And about the trinkets the Black Heart and Glyph of Indom are two great pieces that are only slightly worse than the frost trinket.

+ Reply to Thread