+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Icecrown Putricide

Quote Originally Posted by Splug View Post
    The debuff is a 60 second duration and recast every 10 seconds. If you run three tanks with two debuffs each on the first round of tanking, you do risk the first tank losing his debuff if Putricide is late on the recast.

-Splug
    Would it make sense to to a one stack, taunt, two stack, taunt rotation then? Ie,

Tank 1 gets 1st stack
    Tank 2 taunts, gets 1st and 2nd stacks
    Tank 3 taunts, gets 1st stack
    Tank 1 taunts, gets 2nd and 3rd stack
    Et cetera?

We did 2-2-1, 2-2-1. The intent was to go 2-2-1, 1-2-2, but there was some confusion and a taunt was delayed. Next week, 2-2-1, 1-1-2, 1-1-2 will be the order we use.

The 2-2-2, 2-2-2 plan is infinitely simpler, but you do have three points where if Putricide is slow on applying the debuff, you more or less autowipe.

Also, the room does seem to have a maximum slime pool count, similar to the Mimiron flames having a maximum number. The soft enrage is primarily the debuff, as well as the hard 10 minute enrage.

-Splug

interesting, I wasn't aware of this in the 10 man, how would you suggest doing it in 10 man? just 1-1-2-2-3-3 all the way?

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

10 man is fine with 4-4 because the second tank will get his fifth before the first tank's falls off.

the advantadge is the tank can just chain cooldown for the entire 40 seconds then the other tank can do the same, with that much swaping in a 10 man cooldowns lose effectiveness.

Thank you for the replies. I should have specified that our group is 10-man. We'll try the 4-4 strategy and see how it goes.

Xu

ah, gotcha, so hold till 4, tank swap, hold till 4, swap back, hold till 5, swap 5, wipe/kill? ;x interesting.

Yes, that should work. However, once someone hits 5 debuffs the raid damage gets fairly intense. 5 & 5 is possibly survivable, the sixth debuff will one-shot or nearly one-shot the entire raid.

-Splug

that's what I'm imagining, so it's an enrage timer mechanic basically (thinking IC hm).

In 10 mans would you guys recommend 2 healing or 3. I see the pitfalls of both and honestly don't know which would work better.

we did 2, but when our resto druid kept dieing our ret pally kept saying "man if I was holy our resto druid would be alive"

first kill after he went holy-> kill

we're running resto druid+holy pally and whenever we have to move him heals slow down (pally obviously has to move = stop casting), and either i dip low, or someone dies. We were doing okay on our last attempt and got him to 49% or so, but things were getting hectic in terms of the oozes. Any ideas for positioning that might make it easier?

I'm basically tanking him opposite from side he's gonna summon an experiment, and move him next to oozes that the abom is on so he can eat+melee/debuff at the same time. we seem to be okay on the first slime easily, and we're debating on waiting till all the oozes are eaten and risking the 2nd add spawning then burning to 80% or if we should just burn him before the 2nd add pops, and just let 1 ooze grow during the tear gas.

the debuff does not stack with sunder, also never got to the green side of the room, when the orange one is about to spawn you should be in that middle circle just edging to the green side of it. Shrinking the room helps the healers and the abom.

puddles> oozes. They get stunned by tear gas so as long as you save the slow for after you can easily deal with an add being up.

sounds good, any healer or ranged dps positions that would make it easier or just "stay spread out" for goo tosses. I'm just trying to restrict healer movement as much as possible.

I'm the Abom driver at the moment, but I'm having HUGE trouble - I'm remaining stunned from his gas throw at 80% for several seconds past what the add (and many other players) are. Is this normal? >.<

EDIT: ok, with no adds up, I came out normally. With an add up I seem to ahve ~5+ extra seconds of stun past everyone and the add.
    Last edited by mav1234; 01-11-2010 at 07:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mav1234 View Post
    I'm the Abom driver at the moment, but I'm having HUGE trouble - I'm remaining stunned from his gas throw at 80% for several seconds past what the add (and many other players) are. Is this normal? >.<

EDIT: ok, with no adds up, I came out normally. With an add up I seem to ahve ~5+ extra seconds of stun past everyone and the add.
    We encountered a few things that I assumed were bugs, but I haven't seen many other similiar complaints. On both our 10 & 25 man attempts we had the same issue as above, coupled with issues with the oozes. If Putricide went into phase 2 with an Ooze up, upon the end of the stun the Ooze would just chain-change targets without moving. It allowed the range to dps, but if melee went in to dps too and it picked a melee target (which it did a few times) we had instant knockback explosions. Similiarly, with an add up out of the stun, our Abom would be stunned for longer than anyone else coming out of it. We put in 7 attempts total on 25 man, but after Ooze issues happening every single time, into 35%ish, it became reduntant and people just didn't want to go on with it anymore. On our 10 man, we never had the Abom issue, but the issue with oozes not picking a target happened almost every single time.

Edit- Found a thread with other people experiencing the same issue -http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...19025840&sid=1
    Last edited by Metalwraith; 01-12-2010 at 03:13 AM. Reason: Found bug report thread
    Obviously, you're not a golfer

If you're having problems with the debuff falling off of your tanks (though this probably isn't too troublesome currently and may be more troublesome in the future) then remember that the debuff is a proc on a melee attack with an ICD of 10s. If your tank has an avoidance streak then it will not be applied.

So am I supposed to use avoidance equip in order to avoid stacks and thus raiddmg?

Please note that the narrator of the third video is consistenly mis-naming two of the adds. He's calling Volatile Oozes "Violet Oozes" and he's calling "Malleable Goo" Malleable Ooze."

just say hi

Hi

Ok now weird question: Assuming 25 man raid is doing 100K dps (Paragon killed it with 147dps but for the sake of easier calculations)
    He heals for 300K xStacks of debuf?
    What if 25 man raid intentionally heals him?
    note: yes I'm aware of enrages but with carefull kiting and good dps it's not an issue

So, you get tank (preferably paladin) who takes 2-3 debuffs and bubles
    He need total of 30 sec to reaplly that 3 debufs and raid with 100K dps needs 9 sec to mitigate the healing difference?

Question is based solely on stupidity of needing 3rd tank in this fight who is almost useless for 65% of the fight...

Or am I missing something in my math?
    Mookey | GM of <RISE> Xavius [EU]

He heals ~1.7 million per charge, so you lose 7 seconds or dps for every charge with 100k dps (you gain 10 seconds, but need 17 seconds of dps).

PS: With Mortal Strike, you'll gain 1.5 seconds, but you'll be overruned for sure with the ooze if you try that strat.
    Follow the Moeko Principle.

+ Reply to Thread