+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Icecrown Putricide

@ Aliena , I'd just like to know what addon you use for you casting bar and what you use for healing , i noticed in the video the gray section with your spells in a line and a casting bar.

Quote Originally Posted by Xlight View Post
    OK we got to Professor Putricide tonight and had 4 attempts on him, but didn't want to waste further attempts as we were having problems with the abominations eating the ooze piles. Both me and our druid tank had attempts at being the abomination and both of us had the same problem. We found we could eat for a bit and a few seconds later eat again, but neither of us could actually completely consume the puddle. When I was doing it I would find I could use the eat ability and sometimes use it again straight away....other times it would be greyed out and I would have to wait some seceonds before being able to use it again (even though it wasn't showing as on a cooldown, just showing as "greyed out"). I tried standing next to the puddle, standing just in the edge of it and standing right in the middle of it, but nothing seemed to work properly and neither of us could completely eat the whole thing. In the mean time all the other ooze piles were growing (even the one we were trying to eat) and we just couldn't get anywhere and got overrun by ooze. Has anyone else noticed this? All the videos I've seen they abominations seem to have no problem gobbling it up lol.

Edit: By the way it was on 10 man.
    Simple answer to why this happens is letting it grow too far. Abomination's first priority should be toward eating ooze, as failure to do so is pretty much a guaranteed wipe, as when they grow to a certain point, you won't be able to eat them all up, as you explained, and in the process others grow as well. Your abomination should have the following priorities (in order):

1) Eating Slime
    2) Regurgitate Slime
    3) Attacking Ooze
    4) Attacking Putricide

On a similar note, one common mistake is to use Regurgitate Slime on Putricide... DO NOT do it... as tempting as it may be, it costs 50 slime power and means you wont have the ability available for the oozes.

Does anyone have the numbers for Mutated Plague in 25man heroic mode?
    Crommi | Archaic Order | Lightning's Blade EU

I just wanted to ask a question to confirm something, the poison bottles get thrown in the first phase, right?

I only ask because of

"The last mechanic you get introduced to in the first phase is gas bombs. Putricide will throw those out in sets of two, and standing on them will - how novel - make you explode. They look like brown little flasks on the ground, so avoid them at all costs."

they come out during phase 2 and phase 3 after he chugs potions, phase 1 consists of only the green slime/orange gas cloud adds, and slime puddles (green oozes on the ground that grow in size unless devoured by the abomination/OT)

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

I have a question about the camera in the Abomination video.. I put my camera at max with the maxcamera 50 script. And still I get a bad camera while controling the abomination the video is perfect how can I put that camera?

Name of an addon

What is the name of that addon where it shows all the damage and healing done it like comes up on the sides of her it has like a different kind of text does anyone know what addon this is? When doing dps i want it to have all the damage done like that to have that kind of text and to scroll on the sides of me as right now it just comes up in normal text and pops on the boss. If anyone knows this addon she has please tell me.

Quote Originally Posted by whatsup1722 View Post
    What is the name of that addon where it shows all the damage and healing done it like comes up on the sides of her it has like a different kind of text does anyone know what addon this is? When doing dps i want it to have all the damage done like that to have that kind of text and to scroll on the sides of me as right now it just comes up in normal text and pops on the boss. If anyone knows this addon she has please tell me.
    There are a lot of variations of scrolling combat text, including the Blizzard delivered version.

The specific addon Darksend uses is SCT (Scrolling Combat Text).
    http://www.tankspot.com/showthread.p...-Darksend-s-UI

The specific addon Thegreatme uses is MSBT (Mik's Scrolling Battle Text).
    http://www.tankspot.com/showthread.p...-Thegreatme-UI

The specific addon Splug uses is MSBT (Mik's Scrolling Battle Text).
    http://www.tankspot.com/showthread.p...lug-Spyte-s-UI

The specific addon Aliena uses is MSBT (Mik's Scrolling Battle Text).
    http://www.tankspot.com/showthread.p...28-Aliena-s-UI

There is built in scrolling combat text in the base UI as well, though it functions differently than the addons. There are also other addons which do this type of functionality such as Parrot. There are also addons which provide a different display format for combat text such as Cascade or EavesDrop.
    "In anything, if you want to go from just a beginner to a pro, you need a montage." /w TankSpot WTB Montage for Raiders.

Not sure if I'm asking this in the right place, but is the Mutated Plague supposed to act like an enrage? It lasts for nearly 3 minutes and one tank seems to get it very fast, so it's impossible to "taunt off" like you normally would. My guild talked about taunting off every two stacks, but realistically this is impossible because the other tank was getting it so quick, when I would taunt off I'd still have like two minutes left, so my stacks would just keep going up. So it would go like this:

* Plague on me (1)
    * Plague on me (2)
    * Other tank taunts
    * Plague on him (1)
    * Plague on him (2)
    * Do I taunt off?? I still have 2x stacks with like 2 minutes remaining. I tried and he's like "Wow you're up to 4 stacks already?" when the thing lasts forever.

Any help would be appreciated. We got the sucker down to like under 500k health and people started to die But we were a bit slow on killing the adds, there was always one up when he started phase 3 so that probably is why we didn't get him down.

The idea is that the plague does damage to the whole raid, and this increases (e.g. 2 stacks does more than twice the damage of one stack, and so on)
    so the reason for swapping tanks is to try and minimise this incoming raid damage (by minimising the maximum value of the stacks) while avoiding the boss becoming immune to taunt due to diminishing returns.

Quote Originally Posted by obiwayne View Post
    Not sure if I'm asking this in the right place, but is the Mutated Plague supposed to act like an enrage? It lasts for nearly 3 minutes and one tank seems to get it very fast, so it's impossible to "taunt off" like you normally would. My guild talked about taunting off every two stacks, but realistically this is impossible because the other tank was getting it so quick, when I would taunt off I'd still have like two minutes left, so my stacks would just keep going up. So it would go like this:

* Plague on me (1)
    * Plague on me (2)
    * Other tank taunts
    * Plague on him (1)
    * Plague on him (2)
    * Do I taunt off?? I still have 2x stacks with like 2 minutes remaining. I tried and he's like "Wow you're up to 4 stacks already?" when the thing lasts forever.

Any help would be appreciated. We got the sucker down to like under 500k health and people started to die But we were a bit slow on killing the adds, there was always one up when he started phase 3 so that probably is why we didn't get him down.
    This is not a debuff you want to fall off. If it does fall off, you heal the boss. So if you either die or use an immunity effect such as Divine Shield, you heal the boss. In 10 man it is about 300,000 healing per stack. In 25 man, it actually scales exponentially (think we had like a 7 stack once heal him for like 8-10 million when we were first learning the encounter).

The damage caused to the raid by the stacks increases exponentially with each stack. For example, one tank with a 2 stack is actually worse than two tanks with 1 stack each. If you want actual numbers is something like 275 damage from a 1 stack and 700 damage from a 2 stack, it is more than double that of a 1 stack. The rate also increases faster. A 3 stack is more than twice as bad as a 2 stack. The ideal method of minimizing the raid damage caused by the debuff is to taunt every time the tank in front of you in the taunt order has one stack higher than yourself. With two tanks, this looks like...

MT takes 1 stack.
    OT taunts (because the MT has 1 more stack than himself) and tanks until 2 stacks.
    MT taunts (because not thw OT has 1 more stack) and tanks until 3 stacks.
    OT taunts and tanks until 4 stacks.
    MT taunts and tanks until 5 stacks.

The golden rule is always taunt if the person in front of you in the taunt order has 1 stack higher than yourself. This rule also applies to three tanks in 25 man and looks like...

MT tanks to 1 stack.
    Tank 2 taunts because the person in front of them in order has one stack higher. They tank to 1 stack.
    Tank 3 taunts because the person in front of them in order has one stack higher. They tank to 2 stacks.
    MT taunts because the tank in front of them in order has 1 stack higher. They tank to 2 stacks.
    Tank 2 taunts and tanks to 3 stacks.
    Tank 3 taunts and tanks to 3 stacks.
    MT taunts and tanks to 4 stacks.
    Tank 2 taunts and tanks to 4 stacks.
    Tank 3 taunts and tanks to 5 stacks.

No matter how many tanks you use, if you follow the golden rule your rotation is always optimal for minimizing the damage caused by the Mutated Plague. Always taunt if the person in front of you in the taunt order has 1 stack higher than yourself.
    "In anything, if you want to go from just a beginner to a pro, you need a montage." /w TankSpot WTB Montage for Raiders.

Your explanation helps out a great deal; we totally messed that up and thought it was a debuff like Saurfang's Rune (our MT that night was from our first ICC group and is a kingslayer but didn't remember since it was so long since he had faced Putricide) and got confused. I'm hoping we get another chance at him tonight and can get him down.

Does he still have that 10 attempts per week nonsense? DBM was showing 50/50 heroic attempts, but nothing about regular.

Quote Originally Posted by obiwayne View Post
    Does he still have that 10 attempts per week nonsense? DBM was showing 50/50 heroic attempts, but nothing about regular.
    The attempt counter isn't from a boss mod but part of the base UI. And it only effects to heroic difficulty attempts of Professor Putricide, Blood Queen Lana'thel, Sindragosa, and The Lich King. You have unlimited attempts on normal. The number of attempts increases over time, when the videos were first recorded they only had 10 attempts and at that time it also applied to normal difficulty. And those attempts are shared between all four of the bosses.

What addons do you guys use for this fight?

What DPS should you be expecting from the DPS (with 30% buff) in 10 man to pull this off?

Quote Originally Posted by swollenpickles View Post
    What DPS should you be expecting from the DPS (with 30% buff) in 10 man to pull this off?
    Prior to the buff and running with a three healers and two tanks you could get by with around 6-7k dps per DPS player. If you run with only two healers you could get by with a little less DPS, though healing would be harder (especially when first learning the encounter). One thing to keep in mind however is a player with a 30% buff doing 6k DPS isn't as effective as a player with no buff doing the same. The buff inflates your numbers yes, but your skill remains constant. If you are unable to play at the appropriate level you will still struggle regardless of the buff.

The only question I have, is on 25-man, is it possible for more than one Abomination to be up at a time? As in, because most raids use 3 tanks, couldn't the tank that, before didn't do anything at all except do dps(how much dps does a tank really do...) couldn't the third tank get an abomination as well, and use mutated slash and help out with slime puddles?

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimaa View Post
    The only question I have, is on 25-man, is it possible for more than one Abomination to be up at a time? As in, because most raids use 3 tanks, couldn't the tank that, before didn't do anything at all except do dps(how much dps does a tank really do...) couldn't the third tank get an abomination as well, and use mutated slash and help out with slime puddles?
    You can't have more than one.
    Even if you could, it would cause increased raid damage during the first two phases from the double auras. And also the abominations would actually be competing for energy. They have to eat slime to have enough energy to slow the oozes, if they are actually competing with each other it is possible that neither have sufficient energy to slow the ooze. The encounter is tuned such that a single abom can keep up with the slime fine.

If you are having problems with the slime puddles, you realize that it doesn't have to be a tank in the abom either. It's just ideal because they do less other benefit during phase one and two trying to DPS in tanking gear. If your abom driver is having problems, you can actually have a healer or dps do it instead if they are simply better at handling it. This is like going into the Dreamwalker encounter and saying paladins and shamen are the only ones who can heal the boss cause they are best suited for it, however if player skill is a factor involved another healing class can out perform them if they are simply a stronger player. I've actually driven the abomination several times as a balance druid because either our regular driver was out or having connection issues. The loss of some DPS is an acceptable trade off, especially with the ICC buff so high now, in order to make sure a critical boss encounter role is executed correctly.

one trick for your mages is if they cast invis right before the tear gas goes off and they go full invis they can avoid the stun and add alittle bit of dps to the boss or any remaining adds up. It works because I do it all the time on my mage but the timing must be precise or you will waste it and still be stuned. Rogues may be able to to the same thing with one of their vanishing moves but Im not really sure if it works.

+ Reply to Thread