+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: Icecrown Putricide

ok yo thegreatme, wats your floating damage addon? anyone know plz tell me

rampage, you don't need to ask in every thread, that's considered spamming here. If you had searched, you'd see that we have a UI compilation forum, where every single one of our authors have their UI compilations up:

http://www.tankspot.com/forumdisplay...I-Compilations

namely in your case:
    http://www.tankspot.com/showthread.p...-Thegreatme-UI

and in that thread:
    Quote Originally Posted by thegreatme
    MSBT (Miks Scrolling Battle text)
    Last edited by Kazeyonoma; 01-26-2010 at 03:24 PM.

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

Quote Originally Posted by Zellviren View Post
    But the thing that's really ticking me off is that on the last seven/eight attempts we just could not get to phase three without either of the oozes up. No matter how well we tried to time it, he would just about finish casting Unstable Experiment and it was Tear Gas time. With no abomination available, there's practically nothing you can do to stop it wiping you if it's the orange one, or ruining your management of tank stacks if it's a green one.

Are we doing something fundamentally wrong or is anyone else having a similar problem? If so, how are you supposed to be getting round it?
    This means that you're not allocating DPS correctly. We solved this by having 1-2 people (usually melee - ret paladins or kitties or someone with a high ramp up time) stay on Putricide while slimes/clouds before transitions were up and also calling for melee to return to Putricide at 30% of slime/goo health on the add just before transition. The add dies during the transition from the residual DoTs.

We ran this on 10m last night and I saw a new "twist" or maybe a bug that I have not experienced before. I was controlling the abomination, transformed and ate the first two slime pools up to 50 energy. I then slowed the add and dps'ed for a bit. Then, he would drop the next round of slime pools but there was only 1 pool this time! It's impossible to eat 1 pool slowly enough and get 50 energy back by the time the orange add comes, so it wiped us. This happened on back to back attempts before we called it for the night.

Has anyone else had the same problem that only 1 slime pool spawns after the first 2 are gone?

Quote Originally Posted by sully501 View Post
    We ran this on 10m last night and I saw a new "twist" or maybe a bug that I have not experienced before. I was controlling the abomination, transformed and ate the first two slime pools up to 50 energy. I then slowed the add and dps'ed for a bit. Then, he would drop the next round of slime pools but there was only 1 pool this time! It's impossible to eat 1 pool slowly enough and get 50 energy back by the time the orange add comes, so it wiped us. This happened on back to back attempts before we called it for the night.

Has anyone else had the same problem that only 1 slime pool spawns after the first 2 are gone?

We also noticed that happening in our 10man and we figured it was because the Main tank (Me) was bringing the boss too close to a wall. We easily solved this by having me stand just outside the circle in the middle of the room. He never casted only 1 again. Also, if I may add, the key to my groups success was to make sure everyone was spread out while the green ooze was picking a target since we often got a pool under him with a malleable goo on top and it meant losing that player. Having people spread out gives better chances that the damage will me more evenly spread in the raid.

Hope this helped

Aliena, you need to upgrade your computer. 12-20 FPS during encounter and over 300ms latency 0.o

Just a friendly suggestion :P

Otherwise great work on the guide!

As our guilds constant abominationdriver i have noticed a few things that can help you deal with problems:

The priority when beeing an abomination is this:

1: Apply the slow on the Ooze
    2: Eat pools
    3: apply sunder armor/dps the add

whenever he cast new slimepools im there eating them up even if i only applied 3 stacks of the sunderarmor debuff. Damage on the add is not my main job.

Also as a abomination you have NO clobal cooldown. This means if you are standing and eating a pool and an add mooves by you, you can dps it and eat the pools at the same time.

Hi all,

We have one problem with Putricide. We can't manage having 15-19 people stuck up and receiving a maleable goo. It seems that each time a green experiment is created Putricide also throws a maleable goo and kills some of the stuck up people.

Is this a healing problem? We use 5 healers (1-2 paladin, 1 holy sacer, 1 disc, 1 resto chaman, 1 druid).

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Zellviren View Post
    But the thing that's really ticking me off is that on the last seven/eight attempts we just could not get to phase three without either of the oozes up. No matter how well we tried to time it, he would just about finish casting Unstable Experiment and it was Tear Gas time. With no abomination available, there's practically nothing you can do to stop it wiping you if it's the orange one, or ruining your management of tank stacks if it's a green one.

I don't know what I'm supposed to say to a raid that has performed pretty much perfectly, only to get wiped by something that they just can't do anything about on a boss with limited attempts.

After really liking the tuning, I'm now horribly disheartened with this.

Are we doing something fundamentally wrong or is anyone else having a similar problem? If so, how are you supposed to be getting round it?
    We found stopping DPS on boss at 5% before phase change to do that trick. We stop at 85% and 40% kill add then continue. (We stopped at 5% because of Dots ticking would take 2-3% off him while we were killing add - less DoTs could mean lowering that percentage.)

Our problem was not having a Shaman in the group for BL, and our tanks took him to 4 stacks then taunted. Raid damage killed people.

Would like a clearer explanation of the 1-1-2 etc. Is that stacks or taunts?

Thanks.
    Last edited by Coldwobble; 02-01-2010 at 07:11 AM.

For the phase changes, the key is to actually split dps when you start getting really close to a phase change. When the boss gets to 38-39%, have all dps completely stop and wait for the next ooze spawn. As soon as the next ooze spawns, nearly all DPS get on it while 3-4 stay on the boss. Usually those 3-4 DPS can burn down the boss to 35% just as the other ooze is dying.

A common mistake is trying to get the boss to tear gas after killing an ooze. In that case, you would be killing an ooze and then trying to burn down the boss to cause the phase change. In our experience, that rarely works because it's such a small window. You should focus on trying to get the phase change while you still have an ooze alive but at low health. This means allocating some DPS to the boss before the ooze dies.

Tank A gets 2 stacks. Tank B taunts.
    Tank B gets 2 stacks. Tank C taunts.
    Tank C gets 3 stacks. Tank A taunts.
    Tank A gets 1 more stack (3 total). Tank B taunts
    Tank B gets 2 more stacks (4 total). Tank C taunts
    Tank C gets 1 more stack (4 total). Tank A taunts.
    Tank A gets 2 more stacks (5 total). *BOSS SHOULD BE DYING HERE BEFORE STACK 5*

B taunts off A at 2 stacks.
    C taunts off B at 2 stacks.
    A taunts off C at 3 stacks.
    B taunts off A at 3 stacks.
    C taunts off B at 4 stacks.
    A taunts off C at 4 stacks.
    **Boss should be dead**

A simple way of looking at this is that "all tanks get 2 stacks" then "all tanks get 3 stacks" then "all tanks get 4 stacks" then "all tanks get 5 stacks." So, Tank A gets 2 stacks, Tank B gets 2 stacks, then Tank C gets 2 stacks. Now, tank C is tanking the boss and we're going up to 3 stacks now. So no reason for tank A to taunt the boss back until tank C gets another debuff.

Your method of "going to 4 and then taunting" simply won't work due to raid damage. 4 is really the noticeable tick where raid healing becomes demanding. You want to delay every tank from getting a 4 stack as long as possible.

Used the alternate positioning strat last night in our 10m.

Not our cleanest boss kill ever, but it was 4 AM and we'd just spent all night working on him (17% in p3 QQ)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24rAaqZAaK4

This should give a good perspective of how the positioning works.

Quote Originally Posted by sully501 View Post

Occasionally, Putricide will fail to spawn one or both of the slime pools. Supposedly, the bug is caused by players being in mid-air when the slime puddles are cast - but that's just a rumor. As the encounter can be done without snaring the experiments at all, you pretty much just have to let the raid know he bugged and that they'll need to brute force it. For green oozes, it's not that bad - everyone just has to rush in and kill them as soon as they pick a target, and then you still risk getting two explosions but otherwise it's manageable. The brown gas needs to be handled via a movement speed increase - a priest with PWS can help, but it's best if players have swiftness potions ready.

Quote Originally Posted by Zellviren
    We found it easiest to bank on the less problematic case. Pull him down to ~37%, then wait for an experiment to spawn. Burn the experiment down to about 50%, then send all damage back to Putricide. Alternatively, you can leave melee on him and just be careful not to push him under 35% until the experiment is at half health or less. If done correctly, this will cause the p3 transition to occur with the experiment at half health or lower, but DoT damage will still occur. By the time Phase III actually starts, the experiment will be at ~20% health, and will need to select a new target. There is a split second window where the abomination can actually refresh regurgitated ooze on the experiment (meaning you need to be sure to enter this phase at >= 50 energy). Throw the ooze refresh, the raid can burn down the ooze while Putricide is running across the room to the tank, and then go into Phase III. It's not as simple as hitting that perfect window where nothing is up, but it's arguably more consistent than risking the last-second experiment spawn.

-Splug

A little cry for help here.. In the past few week we pretty quickly got to phase3 (25man) and by now we more or less pull off the first 2 phases flawlessly everytime, no deaths and such.

Our problem is ph3.

All starts off good, we use 2-2-1 -> 1-1-2 -> 1-1-2 taunting order. but at about 5% usually when we're 1-3 stacks away from "the fifth mark" dps drops off and we always wipe at around 1-3%

Anyone have any tips to why this is ? or trix how to manage to finish it off?

Thanks in advance for any replies

The encounter has actually been changed to increase the duration of the p3 tank debuff. You can now do something as simple as 2-2-2, 2-2-2.

I do not know why your damage would be suddenly dropping off. The only thing I can think of is that you are running out of space for ooze, and people have to run further distances to get to safety. Either that or they're getting so spread out that once you get a few people to four debuffs, healing can't reach some dps and they fall over from that.

-Splug

My guild has been getting successfully to phase3 on the 25man version of the fight for a while now. However we seem to hit a wall there.

As far as I can tell our dps simply drops too low. This is because of the movement involved, which will obviously slow dps down a bit. However our main problem, since we run a melee heavy raid, seem to be the Choking Gas Bombs. As soon as they spawn alot of our melee are eating the first tick, and getting the -75% hit debuff. They are not dying to it, but they always seem to get the debuff.

I've looked everywhere, but I can't for the life of me figure out exactly how these vials work. The only thing I know is that they spawn in melee range, and never in front of the boss. Some people say the always spawn directly behind him, and others say that they spawn in a "cone" at his back.

But here's what I want to know. Are they targeted? And by that I mean, do they spawn at someones feet, or are they just spawned in his general melee range.

And seeing as I am not always in melee range of the boss, I've not been able to find out for myself. Do they apply the debuff as soon as they spawn, as I've been told by the people getting hit, or is it simply a case of my melee doing the ol' tunnel vision?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    Can you please go over there please? Thank you very much.

Quote Originally Posted by Censimilla View Post
    I've looked everywhere, but I can't for the life of me figure out exactly how these vials work. The only thing I know is that they spawn in melee range, and never in front of the boss. Some people say the always spawn directly behind him, and others say that they spawn in a "cone" at his back.
    I read somewhere ( cannot find the post, sorry ) that they spawn behind , to the sides of each foot. Same place everytime. And I think I recall someone saying, you should not tank him too close to the wall. or they bug.(Might be wrong on this) Needs confirmation.

Searching "Vial/s" only gave me your post.

ok right now my guild is currently on progression with putricide, the strat we've been using is to keep putricide on the green side of the room(dont ask me why...) the one in the video you have your tank moving him from side to side opposite of the next slime coming out, we have been able to get him to p3 multiple times but then he just slaps us in the face with the "Good news everyone! GRAAAAAAAAAAARRGGGHHH". Would it just be our dps not killing adds quick enough? Very rarely are the melee being hit by bombs, and goo is only a small problem that has gotten better, our abom driver is doing a great job slowing and dpsing the add and controlling the ooze. Would it just be our dps not being fast enough on the slimes and back on the boss? Also just want an input on this strat we are using, would help to know if its at all even useful.

WHat ever strat works for your guild is what you should be using. If that means keeping him on the "green side" of the room, then that's what you should be doing.

That said however, I am not sure how you are doing the adds? They are without a doubt the most important part of the encounter. Getting as much dps time on them as possible is critical to the success of your attempt. The way my own guild did this was to tank him closer to the center of the room, but still trying to keep him opposite of the new add spawn point. Doing this we would have all our ranged in the middle of the room ready to nuke the adds as soon as they can be targeted.

However the thing that will likely make the biggest impact on your overall performance (if you are not already doing it), is to call DPS stops on Putricide before phase 2 and 3. And by that I mean that you should be calling full dps stops on putricide at 82-81% and again at 37-36%. WHen that happens all your dps should switch to the add, after it picks a target obviously, and nuke it down as quickly as possible. As soon as it is dead, your dps goes back on Putricide and forces the phase transition without a new add spawn. (Obviously, if no adds are up, or spawning without the next 3-5 seconds of hitting 80 or 35% you just nuke him)

Basically, ensuring that you never have any adds up at the start of a new phase is the biggest possible dps increase you can have on Putricide.

Another idea, if you are running 6 or more healers, would be to swap out one or more of them for the extra dps. Simply put there is not enough damage going on in the fight, not even in phase3, to warrant using 6 healers. This of course depends on the average reaction time of your raiders. Not getting hit by Malleable Goo, standing in Slime Pools or Void Zones. You get the picture
    Last edited by Censimilla; 02-09-2010 at 05:39 AM.
    Can you please go over there please? Thank you very much.

Quote Originally Posted by Censimilla View Post
    Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    2 Vials spawn on either side of his feet. I would say you have about a 3 sec window before your melee get pulsed by it and get the debuff. This means you either have to be FAST as a melee running out, OR you do what I do (as MT) and start moving him as I see the timer on DBM comming up for him to cast it. If you start moving early, you can do the work for your melee, instead of relying on them.

The Choking Gas Bombs are on an incredibly predictable timer. DBM is extremely reliable. Your melee should be watching that timer in p3, and when it hits 0, they should start moving in front of the boss.

If you're getting 3-4 melee hit by gas bombs, you won't have the DPS to down the boss. Our first kill had only 2 melee get the 75% hit debuff for the entire fight, and it's no coincidence either. If you get hit by either debuff, you're basically out of the fight for 12 seconds. Considering the real "fight" only lasts 120 seconds, each debuff application removes someone from 10% of the fight. You cannot afford to have anyone get hit.

+ Reply to Thread