+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Icecrown Putricide

Quote Originally Posted by Thork View Post
    Hello

We tried out this boss last night in 10man and we had healers saying that the target that Gas Cloud targetted took very varied damage. Sometimes it was ticks of 1200 and sometimes ticks of 12k->10k->8k etc. Did anyone else experience something like this? Or did we do something wrong?
    We had exactly the same problem and wasted lots of attempts due to this. If we didnt have 2 healers spamming the target it would die if it took a big tick and this would also cause healing to fall behind else where. We werent doing anything wrong at all and the target was taking the big ticks sometimes at the start when it got fixated or towards the end and at no time was the person in trouble of being caught by the gas cloud. This was very frustrating as we could have downed the boss. Does anyone know if this was a bug at all or do we have to deal with it in another way, although I dont see how with the lack of cooldowns available in 10 mans.

Everything else in the fight was going perfectly for us.

Drinking ooze issues

Quote Originally Posted by Xlight View Post
    OK we got to Professor Putricide tonight and had 4 attempts on him, but didn't want to waste further attempts as we were having problems with the abominations eating the ooze piles. Both me and our druid tank had attempts at being the abomination and both of us had the same problem. We found we could eat for a bit and a few seconds later eat again, but neither of us could actually completely consume the puddle. When I was doing it I would find I could use the eat ability and sometimes use it again straight away....other times it would be greyed out and I would have to wait some seceonds before being able to use it again (even though it wasn't showing as on a cooldown, just showing as "greyed out"). I tried standing next to the puddle, standing just in the edge of it and standing right in the middle of it, but nothing seemed to work properly and neither of us could completely eat the whole thing. In the mean time all the other ooze piles were growing (even the one we were trying to eat) and we just couldn't get anywhere and got overrun by ooze. Has anyone else noticed this? All the videos I've seen they abominations seem to have no problem gobbling it up lol.

Edit: By the way it was on 10 man.

We also attempted 25 man tonight and the tank was saying that he could not drink very often and the ability was appearing to be on CD and could not keep up with the pools appearing. Does it have a CD or is he missing something like maybe after drinking one pool he needs to use an ability before being able to drink another? Also what do you do with the slimes that appear in the air in phase 2? is ranged just supposed to DPS them down just like the other adds?

Quick question to anyone with phase 3 experience. What exactly is it that heals putricide during the last phase? Got owned on our sure kill with him healing for 2.4 mil over 3 tics.

(Mutated Plague - Spell - World of Warcraft)

How long exactly does Mutated Plague last?

The video won't load for me i don't know why but when i press play it just comes up with the loading icon and nothing happens... i can't load festergut or rotface 25 man videos either because of the same problem. Does anybody know why by any chance?

Quote Originally Posted by Meche View Post
    Quick question to anyone with phase 3 experience. What exactly is it that heals putricide during the last phase? Got owned on our sure kill with him healing for 2.4 mil over 3 tics.

(Mutated Plague - Spell - World of Warcraft)
    Yeah, mutated plague. That's why you switch off tanks, you don't want this to stack high, ever.

Well it seems looking at the spell:

Mutated Plague
    Unlimited range
    InstantThe Mutated Plague spreads to Professor Putricide, healing him for 300000 for each stack of Mutated Plague that was on the target.

Perhaps your tank died or the stack fell off the first tank that cause this to happen.

So to carify, the point of switching tanks is that the debuff that stacks up on the MT deals periodic damage to the raid. If the stack goes too high it becomes impossible to outheal.

Tankspots tactic suggest changing tank after 4 stacks to keep the raid damage low enough. It mentions nothing about healing (on the boss) at all as far as I can see.

If indeed it is correct that Putricide heals when the debuff expires or a tank dies I guess it would be important to change back to the first tank before the debuff runs out, no? In that case that would quite clearly be the limiting factor and not the spreading ooze stated in the guide. In addition, trying to limit the stacks to 4 (by letting them run out) would even be counterproductive and as such the guide would be quite misleading.

However, if your damage is high enough so that the boss dies before your second tank goes over 4 stacks you never encounter this problem.

No. Do not let the debuff stack to 4 before swapping. Have the tanks swap off each other after each one gets a debuff, back and forth. Even if the boss goes taunt immune for a few seconds it's no big deal, just taunt back when you can. You never, ever, ever want a situation where one tank has a lot of stacks and another has none. That is just unnecessary extra raid damage.

This applies for 25-man as well and is how we got our kill last night. We used three tanks, each one taunting after the previous had gotten a stack. Several of the guilds killing him used two tanks but for the extremely vast majority you'll want to use three until you completely overgear the encounter.

Note, the debuff he places on the tanks will cause the boss to heal if either the tank dies OR the debuff falls off.

In that case I strongly suggest someone edits the guide to point that out.

I guess I got myself to blame for not checking up on it in the logs between the tries but just from reading this guide it can easily be interpreted as such as you should never let it go above 4 on any tank, and by waiting for that specifically, you ruin an almost guaranteed kill (as I did last night).

Yup. It's a nice little simple math trick that makes the difference. It takes about 90 seconds before the room is completely overrun and you're more than likely going to be pushing it. Debuff goes out every 10 seconds and each stack doubles the raid damage the tank does. So, for 9 theoretical stacks (in 25-man) you're left with either 4/5 with two tanks or 3/3/3 with three tanks.

This is what (I believe) the damage turns out per stack every 3 seconds. Base damage I'm not sure of (I believe 200), but it will double every time so the math works out anyway.

1 Stack - 200
    2 Stack - 400
    3 Stack - 800
    4 Stack - 1600
    5 Stack - 3200

So, with two tanks taking a 4/5 split, that's 4800 damage to the raid every three seconds in addition to everything else going along. With three tanks taking 3/3/3, that's only 2400 damage. Additionally, if you were waiting for 4 stacks to tank that means you're taking 200/400/800/1600/1800 for the first minute of the fight rather than 200/400/600/800/1000 (in 25 with three tanks). Yes, it's less by a moderate amount, but with everything else going on it makes a huge difference.

Also note that clean phase transitions are absolutely vital. You want your Abom to be on the ball and you need to make sure that there is at max only one (preferably small) slime pool whenever he stuns the raid otherwise you're going to be overrun. On one of our attempts he got pushed over right after he spawned two new pools and (I was controlling the abom) there was simply no way I could catch back up and pools took over the room.

I agree to the above as well. Going into phase 2 (and even more so phase 3) with more than one somewhat small pool is pretty much a wipe.

Additionally I can add that it is actually possible to be too efficient in cleaning up the first goo. Our abom-controler managed to eat up both the initial pools so fast that he ended up with less than 50 energy before the first blob spawned (and as such could not slow it).

Just wanted to bump the issue about problems Mindfreek and I mentioned. Is there anything anyone can add to this? Seems like somehow we are missing something...but we are continuing the raid tonight with 6 attempts remaining and don't want to waste tries on the same problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Xlight View Post
    Just wanted to bump the issue about problems Mindfreek and I mentioned. Is there anything anyone can add to this? Seems like somehow we are missing something...but we are continuing the raid tonight with 6 attempts remaining and don't want to waste tries on the same problem.
    This is because your aboms are not standing in the right spot. You need to be dead center in the puddle. If there's slime and you can't eat it, shift positioning until you can.

I am having a difficult time on the abom personally. The camera angle is quite fast at times and seems a big herky jerky. I know i need more attempts on it but can anyone offer some extra advice for controlling them a little better or just like things you may have noticed help when controlling an abom.

thanks

Abom PoV video:

YouTube - Demise Professor Putricide 10 man first kill HD Abomination pov

This guy gets sorta lucky though on the first spawns because he has to run a bit to get to them and therefore they grow enough to give him 50 energy even with him spamming the Eat Ooze cooldown.

Stand on the neon green part. Don't move after you get into position because the server updates the positioning of the abom in ticks (ie: every 3 seconds or so).

Anyone else having trouble viewing the video? I tried to watch it, but it never loads. The other two vids on the new bosses both worked fine for me.

Dear Aliena

Dear Aliena!

I have been watching tankspot for a while now. Congradulation on all the videos you guys did, its really helpfull and appreciate. My question here is not related to the Professor fight but more about the addons you are using. I notice you are a priest wich I am and really like what I see in your screen. Can you make a list of the addons you are using please?

Thanks in advance and keep up your good work to all the tankspot team.. Love you all

Fil

Quote Originally Posted by Filaura View Post
    Dear Aliena!

I have been watching tankspot for a while now. Congradulation on all the videos you guys did, its really helpfull and appreciate. My question here is not related to the Professor fight but more about the addons you are using. I notice you are a priest wich I am and really like what I see in your screen. Can you make a list of the addons you are using please?

Thanks in advance and keep up your good work to all the tankspot team.. Love you all

Fil
    http://www.tankspot.com/forums/f211/...lienas-ui.html

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

+ Reply to Thread